Q-School Practice Tour - UPDATED with Kodiak Reserve Light CC

• 79 Replies

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 07:31:47 PM »
One more question-   Is there any way to go back after you finish a tour and look at each golfers scores on each course?
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

HitItLong

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 07:34:15 PM »
From my perspective, if you just play without starting over on all 6 courses I do find that it's pretty unreasonable considering the wind on some of those courses and also the difficulty.   But, please understand my thinking might just be coming from the fact that I played with some terrible winds and I never started over I don't know....      Either way,  at the end of the day it is what it is and people can play the game however they want to play...  My questions come from a place of a total newbie in regards to tours and tourneys....

But I agree that scoring -6 on average is plausible for really good players that is for certain.

The course record for each of those courses on Xbox is -11 to -14 except Copper Creek Major which is -5, one could say Tastegw had a bad day.  ;)
FirstBlitzer Au on Xbox One

Henry Hatch

• GroupMember
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2014, 07:21:26 PM »
I tried to bring up this tour but nothing came up.

RudyRay280

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2014, 07:58:23 PM »
I couldn't find it either at first. Search for Q-s and it should then find Q-school practice tour.

Thrangar

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2014, 02:46:43 PM »
I believe now that the Copper C version for this School has been changed(just a heads up)
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

BentFiveWood

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2014, 05:26:42 PM »
I believe now that the Copper C version for this School has been changed(just a heads up)

Thanks Thrangar.  New tour with updated version of Copper Creek.

Tour is now called "New Q-School Practice Tour"
Course(s) Created:
Manicouagan Crater
Pointe du Hoc Cliffs V2
Ojibway Bay GC

brianfuller75

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 09:03:16 AM »
I have played the Q School Practice tour with new version of Copper Creek. At first I couldn't see any difference, but I have noticed the 516 yard par 4 is now under 500 yards. What are the main differences? It still seems as deadly as ever to me. Earlier posts talking about -40 under makes me feel a bit inadequate. I have just completed my best ever 6 rounds at level par. The only course I play quite well is Whispering River (-7) but Copper Creek is a nightmare, I struggle to break 80. I did once score 70, but in virtually no wind, which is unusual. I recommend that anyone who hasn't done so yet, starts practicing on these courses in the next two weeks.
An oldie but a goody!

Steve2golf

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2014, 09:06:33 AM »
I have played the Q School Practice tour with new version of Copper Creek. At first I couldn't see any difference, but I have noticed the 516 yard par 4 is now under 500 yards. What are the main differences? It still seems as deadly as ever to me. Earlier posts talking about -40 under makes me feel a bit inadequate. I have just completed my best ever 6 rounds at level par. The only course I play quite well is Whispering River (-7) but Copper Creek is a nightmare, I struggle to break 80. I did once score 70, but in virtually no wind, which is unusual. I recommend that anyone who hasn't done so yet, starts practicing on these courses in the next two weeks.

http://tgctours.proboards.com/thread/570/copper-creek-national-school

Here is a list of changes.
Course(s) Created TGC 2019:
PGA West (Stadium Course)

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2014, 10:34:57 AM »
just starting the 4th course....catch me if you can!  :D

Jimgem

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2014, 11:00:20 AM »
Damn and i shot -13 on the original copper creek.
Lian Li 011 Dynamic Case
i9 9900k 4.5Ghz
MSI GTX 1080ti
H150i Pro RGB(AIO)
Aorus Master Z390 m-board
16Gb Corsair Pro Vengeance RGB Ram
Corsair Scimitar Mouse
Xbox 360 Controller
Corsair K70 Lux RGB keyboard
Youtube TGC 2019 playlist- https://goo.gl/P2Xdxc

Steve2golf

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 11:47:49 AM »
just starting the 4th course....catch me if you can!  :D

Just finished my arch enemy, copper creek, we are tied, you are caught.

Steve2golf

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2014, 11:51:06 AM »
Damn and i shot -13 on the original copper creek.

I know, how TF you did that is beyond me, but considering the earlier version I could barely shoot par, today in the new 1 I was minus 6 or 7, you should breeze your way through this one.

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2014, 12:18:43 PM »
think i finished it -3 did have a nasty breeze to contend with though...quite happy with that as it can kill you sometimes.

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2014, 02:28:09 PM »
made an absolute pigs ear of crawford mines, dont think i have ever finished less than -8 there,  not a fan of the course either to be honest, feels repetitive and dull with a few silly pin positions, also.. started hitting slight right a lot last day or 2, funny how little things creep into your swing! get back to basics me thinks  :o

Steve2golf

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2014, 02:37:22 PM »
made an absolute pigs ear of crawford mines, dont think i have ever finished less than -8 there,  not a fan of the course either to be honest, feels repetitive and dull with a few silly pin positions, also.. started hitting slight right a lot last day or 2, funny how little things creep into your swing! get back to basics me thinks  :o
I was tied with you playing son desert 18th, I hit driver on my second shot, not sure how but I did, threw 2 away there.

space-cash