Q-School Practice Tour - UPDATED with Kodiak Reserve Light CC

• 79 Replies

sirandrew214

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2014, 02:43:00 PM »
Hole 8 on whispering... that pinposition/green is nasty.
but nice to get some training rounds in.

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2014, 03:11:03 PM »

[/quote]
I was tied with you playing son desert 18th, I hit driver on my second shot, not sure how but I did, threw 2 away there.
[/quote]

thats ok steve you will sail past me in the last two rounds, didnt pull up any trees at harbour black, another course that does not suit the firmness, not a cats chance in hell of holding some of the greens unless you drop short and get a lucky bounce off the bank, not a tour course imo.

Thrangar

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2014, 03:35:38 PM »

I don't know why they think this CC is easier, I think  missed approaches and puts on the original were more forgiving

harbor and son gual for me are just lay up short and hope for best
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

IlludiumQ36

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2014, 04:10:36 PM »
I found CC (Q-School) to be easier overall, mainly due to the expanded fairways on the longer par 4's. Being able to use Driver (whereas before you might opt for the safer 3-Wood but longer approach) on practically every tee shot leaves more manageable approaches and thus, more birdie chances.

The course still has plenty of teeth though. The par 3's collectively are the toughest group on any course IMO. The relocation of the pin on #2 actually made the hole harder.

Nemecyst

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2014, 07:25:05 PM »
Has it been re-made on the XB1 version as well?

IlludiumQ36

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2014, 07:54:00 PM »

Courses are shared amongst all 3 platforms, so....yes.

BentFiveWood

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2014, 10:09:47 PM »

CC Q-School is available across platforms but you'd have to ask whoever made the original XB1 Q-School Tour if they've updated it, or if anyone else has done a new one.
Course(s) Created:
Manicouagan Crater
Pointe du Hoc Cliffs V2
Ojibway Bay GC

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2014, 10:12:49 PM »
Hate to keep changing things up but we just added Kodiak Reserve Championship Course in place of Harbour Island Black which was too laggy on consoles after the last update.

BentFiveWood

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2014, 10:30:51 PM »
I just republished this tour to include Kodiak Reserve in place of Harbour Island and it is now called "Q-School Practice Tour (Final)"
Course(s) Created:
Manicouagan Crater
Pointe du Hoc Cliffs V2
Ojibway Bay GC

Steve2golf

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2014, 10:47:59 PM »
I just republished this tour to include Kodiak Reserve in place of Harbour Island and it is now called "Q-School Practice Tour (Final)"

Jeeze, just shot -48 on the other one, I think I nailed a tie for course record -11 on harbour as well, jeeze, jeeze, jeeze.
Course(s) Created TGC 2019:
PGA West (Stadium Course)

Nemecyst

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2014, 11:10:06 PM »

Courses are shared amongst all 3 platforms, so....yes.

I know the courses are shared, I meant has the tour been re-made with the updated courses. Suppose, I could have asked it in a more clear way ha.

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2014, 01:31:30 PM »
whos idea was it to put kodiak in this tour..it is nowhere near up to scratch for any tour let alone this one, you have a fast course with pin placements at the front of most greens, its madness!  there are no run up areas to work with, all you can hope is to drop it short and pray you can squirt out of the rough and creep on...sorry folks but thats terrible golf, i was -2 after 13 and quit, absolute crazy choice...the course as a design is ok but fast with front pin placements is just a cheap way of increasing a courses difficulty...seriously guys you need to rethink this choice.  btw i find this more laggy than harbour black.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 01:35:39 PM by DoGgzbollox »

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2014, 02:12:37 PM »
whos idea was it to put kodiak in this tour..it is nowhere near up to scratch for any tour let alone this one, you have a fast course with pin placements at the front of most greens, its madness!  there are no run up areas to work with, all you can hope is to drop it short and pray you can squirt out of the rough and creep on...sorry folks but thats terrible golf, i was -2 after 13 and quit, absolute crazy choice...the course as a design is ok but fast with front pin placements is just a cheap way of increasing a courses difficulty...seriously guys you need to rethink this choice.  btw i find this more laggy than harbour black.
Looks like you need to bring your putter. I managed a bogey free 7-under my first go around. Didn't find it any more difficult than the other tracks.

anserman

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2014, 02:31:18 PM »

agreed

that's 3 with the ridiculous "firm" setting which is so unrealistic it's comical. 

It turns it into "who got the lucky bounces"

BentFiveWood

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2014, 03:19:32 PM »
Just added a new tour...again...but this change will hopefully decrease the choppiness a lot of people were experiencing with Kodiak Reserve.  The tour is called "New Q-School Practice Tour (Final)"

It has been replaced with a light version (thank you Taste) that's had a lot of objects removed.  That version is called "Kodiak Reserve Light CC".  This will be the version used in the Q-School Tour.

Sorry for the changes but this does offer the opportunity to add a tour without a deadline so people can play multiple times for practice.
Course(s) Created:
Manicouagan Crater
Pointe du Hoc Cliffs V2
Ojibway Bay GC

space-cash