Will we ever see the correct shots being played?

• 20 Replies

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2014, 10:32:38 AM »
this frustrating bug is still alive and well as of Nov 2014 hbs.     
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

Acrilix

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 05:48:23 PM »
this frustrating bug is still alive and well as of Nov 2014 hbs.   

Yes, and the fixed physics code Anthony alluded to has done nothing to stop putts going in, and missing at the same time either.
The cone data itself is wrong on every shot - I tested this with my brother, we described where in or out the red zone our shots were shown when we hit them and then the other player would describe a completely different result when they watched the shot at their end.
I was going to screenshot each shot from both ends to post them, but I hold out little hope that this is going to be dealt with anyway. It seems to be inherent with the way TGC sends limited data.  :(
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 05:50:29 PM by Acrilix »
My last 7 courses (newest first):
Binyon Peak
McGonagall Golf Club
Lovelace Bay
Swinburne Forest GC
Brackenridge Nine by Acrilix
Drayton Lakes
Chudleigh Golf Club

Cheagles

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 02:39:17 PM »
Thanks guys, we're still working on and tweaking some things with the ghost ball system, hope to have it resolved in the next patch.

Golfer

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2014, 06:35:05 AM »
Groundhog Day! LoL
Are we saying that when you play along side a Ghost player, the final score may be correct but, the marks on the swing cone do not represent reality?
I played along side of 'someone' and EVERY single shot was 12-6 perfect line.
Unfortunately, the guy couldn't putt! But the 65 or 66 straight lines might not have been real?

Thanks!
Windows 8.1
System Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHz
RAM 12.0 GB   64 Bit OS
NVidia GeForce 760 GTX

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2014, 10:12:59 AM »
what I was saying is that sometimes while playing against a live opponant or a ghost ball,  the shot you see them make or miss can sometimes not represennt the actual shot or result.      example _     its a par 3 and the ghost ball is going for a birdie.    you watch their birdie putt miss but in reality that birdie putt went in as reflected on the scorecard.     

don't know anything about the cone or how accurately it displays your opponants true swing path.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

Acrilix

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2014, 12:44:33 PM »
Groundhog Day! LoL
Are we saying that when you play along side a Ghost player, the final score may be correct but, the marks on the swing cone do not represent reality?
I played along side of 'someone' and EVERY single shot was 12-6 perfect line.
Unfortunately, the guy couldn't putt! But the 65 or 66 straight lines might not have been real?

Thanks!

Logic decrees that a straight line is going to be a straight line whatever computer it is displayed on.
Shots that aren't straight though definitely display differently on different computers. You can hit a shot that is just inside the edge of the red cone and yet another player will then see the cone data and it could be displayed as way outside of the red cone. This is why you can be playing a ghost that hits it way outside, but the shot still hits the fairway. It never would if the cone data was accurately displayed.
My last 7 courses (newest first):
Binyon Peak
McGonagall Golf Club
Lovelace Bay
Swinburne Forest GC
Brackenridge Nine by Acrilix
Drayton Lakes
Chudleigh Golf Club

space-cash