Paths, fences and OB

• 9 Replies

Antiparosjez

« on: September 28, 2014, 07:44:08 AM »
Loving the game so far and Designing in particular. Any timescales as to when these might be added? I know it's on the list however be nice to know. Also the avatar obviously needs work otherwise he's going to have real back problems when he gets to my age. Be nice to know when a bit of variety there will be added.
Thanks for a great game so far.
Kings Wood Domino Man of Kent Power Station Grendel Woods The Pier Sandyhurst Lakes North Kernow, Chart Lakes, West Foreland Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Romney Harbour, Kingston Park, Gull Rock, City Park, Mullion Cliffs

HB_LorinB

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 12:35:59 PM »
Paths/fences I would expect to see in the first couple of updates....OB, I am not sure yet.  That requires more work...so I am not yet sure on the timeline.  We are still working on this...

Biggins

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 01:06:51 PM »
Fences   :D

(and walls too?)

Courses published to date:

The Hathaway Par 3 Course, Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel & Resort
The Shakespeare, Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel & Resort
Loch Lorne Golf Club
Isla Madeleine Resort
Vale Do Morgado
Ascona National
Hitchens Valley Hotel and Golf Club
Nazca Valley Golf Club
Sevenlakes On The Vale

HB_LorinB

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 02:13:25 PM »
Fences   :D

(and walls too?)

Don't get greedy Biggins....

j/k  I think you will see cart paths and roads first...then a bit later, fences....then maybe walls :)

Biggins

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 06:01:44 PM »
Sounds good.

Fences will come with wooden retaining walls then ;-)
Courses published to date:

The Hathaway Par 3 Course, Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel & Resort
The Shakespeare, Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel & Resort
Loch Lorne Golf Club
Isla Madeleine Resort
Vale Do Morgado
Ascona National
Hitchens Valley Hotel and Golf Club
Nazca Valley Golf Club
Sevenlakes On The Vale

liquidsnake000

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 07:13:19 AM »
they should do so we can tidy up island greens, the 17th at sawgrass is a prime example, fences and walls would be a great addition, and roads too, you cant recreate the 17th at st Andrews and call it the road hole without the road lol.
bring on 2019 tgc.

Spacedeck

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 07:16:37 AM »
All well and good, but how will adding this extra things affect consoles?  Make them more laggy?  I know some courses play fine, but some courses do tend to have some lag to them (resource issues?).  So would adding these to your PS4 courses mean you have to use less resources for the actual course?

liquidsnake000

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 12:52:36 PM »
some people overdo the item placing thing anyway, some of the things ive seen don't even contribute to the hole at all.
bring on 2019 tgc.

Antiparosjez

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 01:10:44 PM »
Agree sometimes less is more. However think paths and fences will add to realism
Kings Wood Domino Man of Kent Power Station Grendel Woods The Pier Sandyhurst Lakes North Kernow, Chart Lakes, West Foreland Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Romney Harbour, Kingston Park, Gull Rock, City Park, Mullion Cliffs

Antiparosjez

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 04:13:03 PM »
Hope fences and paths are on their way in the update.
I like the divots on the tees and was wondering whether we could do something similar on the fairways? For example 265 yards out at an obvious collection point it would be nice to see a fairway that at the very least wasn't pristine as that's not realistic. Don't particularly want anything to adversely affect the lie of the ball by chance so punish a good drive necessarily but just thinking about aesthetics. Hope also for fairways in the links theme in particular to look more realistic so browner and dustier. Just a thought.

space-cash