View opponent's shot from your golfer's perspective in multiplayer

• 39 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« on: October 03, 2014, 09:08:51 PM »
When playing turn-based multiplayer, I would like to have the OPTION to view my opponent(s) shot(s) from my golfer's perspective, wherever he would be standing in real life on the course.  It sort of compromises the player-centric immersion when I'm viewing my playing companions playing their shots as if I'm the one playing them.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:35:51 PM by jcauthen04 »
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

CubiksRube

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 06:12:55 PM »
That would be awesome!

HB_LorinB

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 03:39:24 PM »
That would be awesome!

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 11:10:07 PM »
Welcome aboard this train Lorin ;D
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

ISAWTHAT

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 08:54:33 PM »
Is there ball collision on approach /chip shots or on par 3 tee shots in live multiplayer?  The ball that is hit, is auto placed back to where is was before the collision, but does effect the ball that  collided with the stationary ball .  I know this rarely happens IRL, but it does happen. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:58:28 PM by ISAWTHAT »
XBOX GT:  SndFreak64

blueorfe

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 08:35:43 PM »
When playing turn-based multiplayer, I would like to have the OPTION to view my opponent(s) shot(s) from my golfer's perspective, wherever he would be standing in real life on the course.  It sort of compromises the player-centric immersion when I'm viewing my playing companions playing their shots as if I'm the one playing them.

This sounds like a wonderful idea!

Any more room on this train J? I want to go to wherever it is going.   ;D
Steam -  blueorfe
PSN    -   blueorfe

i5 4690k 4.1Ghz
MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
MSI z97 gaming 3
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
DS4 Controller
Windows 10 pro 64 bit

HGD Twelve Bridges Tournament Edition
HGD Walkers Heath Park

[img]http://i.imgur.com/

crow357

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 09:19:09 PM »
Choo choo!  This would be an awesome feature not only in multiplayer, but in the upcoming career mode too!

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 07:00:12 PM »
This train hasn't left the station, but we'll be blowing the whistle for the final boarding call after the next update is released.  While I don't think it would make up for the lack of real time, lobby based multiplayer, I think it would deeply enrich the 'player perspective' approach in the current iteration of 'multiplayer'.  It would make look more like you and your playing companions were on the course together, if you could watch their shots from your player's perspective, rather than having that sweep-to-swing camera view we now get of their shot.

It *looks* like a replay with the current approach.  Of course, it would technically still be a *replay* if we were viewing the shot 6 to 8 seconds after the event from our player's perspective, but it would re-establish the player-perspective component and at least look less like a replay from your golfer's eyes.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 09:16:01 AM »
Reviving this one from the dead because Lorin did mention this to Anthony in last week's Twitch feed session.  I could see from Anthony's reaction that it’s not on the radar at this point.  I’d be really curious to see how an option like this would play with gamers, but then again, it’s probably not as important when you’re not playing live multiplayer.  I know it wouldn’t be to me.  I play with ghosts in all of my rounds, but 90% of the time, I have them in simultaneous play mode.  The only time I go turn-based is if I’m playing live with another player who prefers turn-based, or if it’s the final round of an online tournament and I want more competitive effect.  I really don’t particularly enjoy playing TGC in Live Multiplayer when I’m in voice chat with my opponent because it serves to remind me of the delay between the action and the time I see the results of the action on my screen.  I already have an idea of what my opponent’s shot is going to do six seconds before I see it played out because of the vocal reaction I hear.  I can’t hold off my reactions to my own shots.  So, until TGC eventually gets real time multiplayer, this player perspective camera probably isn’t all that important. 

I also brought this up again because as I was playing Perfect Golf en masse last week, I was reminded of how the viewing of my opponents in live multiplayer from the swing camera  is sort of a buzz kill in that it compromises the player perspective.  I’ll reiterate that it’s akin to being in the opponent’s huddle during a football game, for lack of a better analogy.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Thrangar

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 10:11:33 AM »
I missed this train the first time but, I take a ticket this trip!

great idea
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

FRSTDWN

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 11:14:26 AM »
Great idea would be very cool. Anything that makes me feel more like I am on the course playing is alright with me.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 11:41:41 AM »
there is much to fix with live play with others at the moment,  but yea I like your idea.     I'm seriously baffled at the lack of interest the team has in implementation of a modern way to play golf with others.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

AdamV HB

• GroupMember
  • Physics / Camera Engineer
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 11:51:20 AM »
I think it's a great idea and I d definitely like to get this done at some point along with some replay cameras.

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2015, 11:57:04 AM »
Can we steer this camera train to having a reverse landing and or side of fairway panning camera that can be clicked on demand after taking a shot like we do with the follow camera?

-MERACE

AdamV HB

• GroupMember
  • Physics / Camera Engineer
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 12:08:49 PM »
Yup, there are many cameras Id like to get in the game.  That's one of them. I think I'd make it work similar to how you can cycle through presets for on the swing camera and putting / approach camera.  So, post shot you could cycle through any number of presets.

space-cash