Any PS4 Players???

• 211 Replies

sibon

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 07:05:33 AM »
Ps4 gamer here also cant wait for this. Feel free to add me PSN= SiBoN-xB

Rabin

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 11:47:02 AM »
PS4 (kept my PS3 just for TW14 & GT6 - hehe)

RD_Rabin

STEAM: RD_Rabin  http://steamcommunity.com/id/riever/
PSN: RD_Rabin

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 01:58:40 PM »
A question for you PS4 gamers: do any of you have a game that uses the DS4's ability to produce sounds?  I've heard that some games are using that capability to produce certain sound effects.  I couldn't help but wonder if it could be programmed to produce a "smack" or "plink" (depending on what sort of club was being used) when the club makes contact with the ball?  Is it tinny to the point that it would sound hokey?  I haven't even seen a PS4 in the stores or a kiosk yet, so I have no clue how this sounds.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

CTCbigdog

• Basement Bowling
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 03:33:46 PM »
PS4 golfer here.  Can't wait for this game.  PSN ID is CTCbigdog  I am a 'seasoned' gamer and play for fun but I like competition too. :)

@jcauthen04:  Resogun and Killzone:Shadowfall are two games I have that use the DS4 speaker.  But honestly I have turned the sound of my controller down to the lowest level and I play with a headset on so I don't really need sounds coming out of my controller.  I would much rather hear the 'thwack' of the club in stereo through my headset than through the controller, which sounds a bit tinny to me. 

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2014, 04:09:14 PM »
Thanks for the response CTCbigdog, that's the kind of information I was looking for.  I saw in your other post that you feel the DS4 is almost up to the quality of the XBox 360 controller.  Is the stick stiffness between the two comparable?  My gripe with the DS3 controller is that the sticks are way too sloppy. 
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

morden44

• Suck It Up ButterCup
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 04:19:36 PM »
The ps4 controllers are very stiff compared to the ones I have for ps3. I can feel the difference in response.

GrafUlrich88

• golf-beta
  • Viva Montana!!!
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2014, 05:00:59 PM »
A question for you PS4 gamers: do any of you have a game that uses the DS4's ability to produce sounds?  I've heard that some games are using that capability to produce certain sound effects.  I couldn't help but wonder if it could be programmed to produce a "smack" or "plink" (depending on what sort of club was being used) when the club makes contact with the ball?  Is it tinny to the point that it would sound hokey?  I haven't even seen a PS4 in the stores or a kiosk yet, so I have no clue how this sounds.

Hey JCauthern,

I have Resogun, WarFrame, and Killzone Shadow Fall. I like it a lot because it enables further immersion of gameplay.

Cheers!!!
Rob H aka Graf

sinewiz

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2014, 05:25:16 PM »
PS4 Owner. Names the same.  ;)

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2014, 05:31:23 PM »
I have Resogun, WarFrame, and Killzone Shadow Fall. I like it a lot because it enables further immersion of gameplay.

Graf, do you think an impact sound for making contact with the ball would sound "cheesy" through it?  One thing that I've always found lacking in golf games is the lack of feedback for the most explosive component of the game.  And finally, I guess all of the games you listed make it optional to register effects through the DS4? 
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Gasman

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2014, 05:34:40 PM »
You can adjust the volume of the DS4 speaker in controller settings....

GrafUlrich88

• golf-beta
  • Viva Montana!!!
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2014, 05:51:17 PM »

Graf, do you think an impact sound for making contact with the ball would sound "cheesy" through it?  One thing that I've always found lacking in golf games is the lack of feedback for the most explosive component of the game.  And finally, I guess all of the games you listed make it optional to register effects through the DS4?

Hey JCauthern,

I think a impact sound could work, also consider maybe nature sounds like birds and stuff. I have never tried to turn them off. I don't know if you can.

Cheers!!!
Rob H aka Graf

Stubba

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2014, 06:40:06 AM »
Looking forward to play this perfect golf game and to play with you guys!  :)

PSN: Sturbjoern

SimplyChalky

• Simply PS Gaming
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2014, 06:03:59 AM »

As already covered by other posters the sound can come through the Controller which I use when playing Resogun as I have the sound coming out of the TV as this is child friendly but when I go onto a non child friendly game then I use my turtle beaches for total immersion.  For a game like this I would like it to be programmed so the occasional sound came from controller if you had that setting on but if using a proper headset then to place the sound through that.
Gaming with pals on the PS4

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/113455616128338604077

A community for mature PlayStation gamers to organise online gaming events.

theclv24

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2014, 11:10:34 AM »
Really been debating on whether or not I should buy a gaming PC, but as of now I think I am sticking with the PS4. Currently I have about 4-5 courses going in the APCD for Links, so I don't know how much you will actually see me on the course, as I will be too busy moving land around, lol. Gamertag is the same as my username, theclv24.

William85

• Gimme the DLC !!!!
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2014, 11:21:49 AM »
Gentlemen,  my PS4 is  collecting dust as I wait for TGC to arrive. Lets do this.

PSN ID - rko247

space-cash