Can't get 100% Consistently?

• 6 Replies

HB_LorinB

« on: October 08, 2014, 02:23:28 PM »
Some people have been reporting issues with being able to reah 100% on the PC version of the game.  If this is you, please post your specs, including you swing type (M/KB or Controller) and the specific name of your swing input device.  Please also post if you feel it is worse at higher or lower frame rates.

Thanks you.

banjobowling

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 09:23:17 PM »
Intel i5 4670k @ 3.4
16gb ram
gtx 760
Wired xbox 360 controller

Definitely worse at higher fps. At first I thought the patch helped, but after a couple of rounds it became more prevalent (visited some sparsely planted courses). Posted this without noticing in a ps4 thread.

I encounter this on courses that have very little in regards to planting.  Links theme is #1, then desert, others are equal in frequency, but dependent on how planted. I've almost come to think it's a perceptual issue. By perception, I mean when I can tell my FPS is cooking and doing great because of so little going on, I know my swing timing is going to be different as well. Always mid-low 90s when it happens. It's as if everything speeds up, and the swing animation doesn't match the input anymore.

When this happens I feel I do better after aiming my shot to then look away and play from muscle memory rather than relying on my visual input. I don't know if it's the game, our perception visual/motor integration, or what, but at least I know I'm not alone.  lol

The optometrist in me says it's on our end, the gamers and our perception of when to swing. But the FPS is locked on consoles right? 30-45 or less? So how would this explain their experience?  I've noticed this on PC, but honestly haven't played many courses on my xb1 version to testify to it there.

A couple of courses I've played recently and had this experience are PGA @ Solomon's Mount and Tomahawk. Those are planted nicely around holes with land sculpting, but not heavy in background trees and all.

Alright, that's my experience. I feel like it's a visual/motor integration issue if our fault, or a visual latency problem with courses offering good performance for our hardware. The later would be true as per doggzbollox experience.

Last example and I am finished. I have this video latency/audio latency creep up from time to time with audio recording software (reaper/band in a box). Similar feeling issue but different as we're talking about our ears/sight vs motor/sight.

Acrilix

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 07:45:21 AM »
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @3.4GHz 3.70 GHz
8 GB
64 bit
4GB GTX 680 overclocked
Wired xbox 360 controller

I've just added FRAPS so I can check on FPS. Only checked on my latest unpublished course so far, and I'm getting about 60 FPS on most tees (Autumn theme/max trees).
My brother has almost same specs (slightly faster processor, 2 GB GTX 680)  and wired xbox 360 controller.
My mate has an older Phenom AMD quad core, GTX 760, and wired xbox 360 controller.

Edit: Just checked the worst culprit for me so far (Swindon Downs) and I'm getting a constant 60fps on the tee, even with the object details up to 2 from 1 (which reduced frame rate on my Autumn course by 15fps). Still getting quite a few less than 100% on this course so it appears worse on courses with high frame rates. A round on my Autumn course with the object details on 2 (45fps), I had no sub 100% shots!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 11:50:39 AM by Acrilix »
My last 7 courses (newest first):
Binyon Peak
McGonagall Golf Club
Lovelace Bay
Swinburne Forest GC
Brackenridge Nine by Acrilix
Drayton Lakes
Chudleigh Golf Club

dariggy

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 03:17:06 PM »
I was able to reach 100% all the time until the last update. Now, I can get there maybe 60% of the shots.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
8 GB
64 bit
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
   Display Memory: 1792 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 32 MB
   Shared Memory: 1760 MB
   Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
touchpad

I have not played with my frame rates......

ReinierK

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 08:13:01 PM »
Not even sure why I still bother.

3.4GHZ i5-4670K
16 GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit
Radeon HD7950 OC 3GB

Logitech ChillStream.

Consistent 89%/90% shots on certain holes/approaches (roughly 95% of the time), so completely unplayable.
Not currently playing.

dariggy

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 09:10:13 PM »
I have a feeling this bug is too big to address with too many variables. Obviously not a lot of the players are experiencing the problem. As for me, 3 out of every 10 shots don't reach 100%, which does render the game useless. It's a bummer as I wanted to play it on the PC......

dariggy

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 08:33:42 PM »
I am happy to say I am getting 100% shots all teh time now. Unlike most users, I am using a touchpad rather than a controller and after playing 15 rounds or so, I figured out how to address the touchpad. So, I am happy, and loving the game. If anyone else is attempting to play with a touchpad, I will be happy to share how I am getting some consistency, it is all in the form......

space-cash