Able To Shape Fairways?

• 3 Replies

csugolfer60

« on: February 05, 2014, 07:33:09 PM »
Hi guys, great looking golf course design tool you have from it looks. Very excited to see the release.

I have a question though - are we able to change the shape of the fairway, just like we can for bunkers and other shape features? I haven't seen this mentioned, and right now, it looks like holes are created using a "freeway" style fairway, that is shaped automatically around terrain features. Are we able to change the shape of the fairway manually?

Thanks!
My Courses:

Crawford Mines
Pilansburg Golf Club
The Legacy At Cape Point
Loa Pali Golf Club
TGC Players Club - Stadium
TGC Players Club - Logan Farm
TGC Players Club - Shawnee Creek
Cuyahoga Golf Club
Hidden Links Golf Club
Shawnee Creek Golf Club

Dave McFarland HB

• GroupMember
  • TGC Coder (Graphics/Course Generator)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 10:48:42 PM »
The fairways are semi-automated like greens.  That means you can set a bunch of parameters (e.g. width, start/end distance, how straight the edges are) and it will generate them based on the 'waypoints' of your hole.  As with greens, there's a random button you can click a bunch of times until you get something you like (this includes randomising fairway bunkers.)

For greens we also have a manual placement mode, where you can use brush shapes to manually shape the green.  This requires more work, because it doesn't automatically flatten and slope the green, but it's very flexible.  I plan on extending this mode in the near future to include placement of all types of grass (e.g. green, fairway, first cut, second cut,) at which point you'll be able to make pretty much anything if you put enough time into it.

morden44

• Suck It Up ButterCup
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 12:14:23 AM »
Sounds great Dave.

JOE golfer G

• 4 Handicap Golfer
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 07:11:59 AM »
Yep with time and effort sounds like you can get anything you want out of the designer.

space-cash