Approach camera setting not changing cameras.

• 4 Replies

Zmax

« on: October 13, 2014, 03:07:23 PM »
On the PC version, no matter which camera I select for the Approach camera in the settings, the game appears to use the same follow ball camera for my approach shots.

Acrilix

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 07:32:46 PM »
It sounds like you are misunderstanding what the camera setting does, as I did with the putting camera. The main camera covers all shots, tee, approach, and putting. The approach and putting cameras you can set the default to are the ones available when you press the red 'b' button on xbox 360 controller. You can click the controller knob that you swing the club with to lock on this view if you want to play the shot from these cameras.
My last 7 courses (newest first):
Binyon Peak
McGonagall Golf Club
Lovelace Bay
Swinburne Forest GC
Brackenridge Nine by Acrilix
Drayton Lakes
Chudleigh Golf Club

Zmax

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 08:02:48 PM »
 So, it's just there for setting a default camera for when you press the "b" button.  Interesting.

As for the putting camera, when I change it in the settings, it will change the putting camera default to that camera whenever i'm on the green.

Member121CA

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 09:42:17 PM »
Wait a minute.

When I set Main Menu > Settings > Display > Main Camera Preset to ONE then all the cameras will default to ONE?

Then I set Main Menu > Settings > Display > Putting Camera Preset to THREE and when I press the [V] key I toggle from the ONE Putting camera directly to the THREE camera view. Is this correct?
CPU: Intel i5 4670
MoBo: MSI Z87M-G43
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866MHz

Cheagles

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 05:44:21 PM »
When you set the MAIN camera, it is the camera angle that shows when you are playing without using the "approach" or "putting" camera options, which are found by pressing "E" depending where your ball is (otherwise this key is for Hole Overview).  If you are on the green, pressing "E" will take you into the putting cameras (first angle shown is your preset), and pressing "V" from here will switch you through the putting cameras.  If you are within 40 yards of the hole, pressing "E" will take you to the approach cameras (first shown is your preset) , and "V" from here will switch between the approach cameras.

space-cash