Published Courses - Locked or Open

• 22 Replies

Coda1850

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 02:42:33 PM »
How is this not as simple as don't publish it until you are 100% confident it's complete?

But it seems the only way to get folks to 'play test' courses is by releasing them, lol. A designer may think it is 100% done, but then someone plays it and spots an error the designer missed.

Maybe HB Studios can offer a portal for BETA version courses, where folks could upload them, people play them and provide feedback (good or bad) and then the designer makes any changes necessary, uploads revised version for further BETA testing and then once it is given the greenlight, it gets uploaded to the full public servers.

Ah, yes.  Good point... I forget the level good map makers (or in this case course creators) take this to. 
The ability to get feedback from others would be helpful.
Golf Golf Golf
Hole in 1 count: 3

Huckleberry

• golf-beta
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 05:38:51 PM »
How is this not as simple as don't publish it until you are 100% confident it's complete?

But it seems the only way to get folks to 'play test' courses is by releasing them, lol. A designer may think it is 100% done, but then someone plays it and spots an error the designer missed.

Maybe HB Studios can offer a portal for BETA version courses, where folks could upload them, people play them and provide feedback (good or bad) and then the designer makes any changes necessary, uploads revised version for further BETA testing and then once it is given the greenlight, it gets uploaded to the full public servers.

Ah, yes.  Good point... I forget the level good map makers (or in this case course creators) take this to. 

If they eventually implement the ability to unlock a course in development to allow others to edit (which it sounds like they will) one could invite a select group of people (by giving them the password) to test the course prior to publishing.  You just got to make sure they only play it....and don't edit it :)
"I think an eagle would've tasted sweeter...I haven't tasted eagle...but, I'm just sayin'."

morden44

• Suck It Up ButterCup
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 08:13:10 PM »

If they eventually implement the ability to unlock a course in development to allow others to edit (which it sounds like they will) one could invite a select group of people (by giving them the password) to test the course prior to publishing.  You just got to make sure they only play it....and don't edit it :)

Good idea Huckleberry .

GrafUlrich88

• golf-beta
  • Viva Montana!!!
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2014, 05:10:51 PM »

Good idea Huckleberry .

Hey Huckleberry,

I like your ideas I hope HB Studios will consider them as a top priority in future updates.

Cheers!!!
Rob H aka Graf

Dazmaniac

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2014, 06:21:06 PM »
Just a further thought about courses.

When one is designed, does the designer have to actually upload it somewhere to be able to play-test it from within the game, or will it run direct form their PC's local disk?

;-)

morden44

• Suck It Up ButterCup
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2014, 11:59:35 PM »
I believe as your creating you can go to any part of the course, hit balls, look around...test things out.

Coda1850

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2014, 06:36:04 AM »
I believe as your creating you can go to any part of the course, hit balls, look around...test things out.

This, as I understand it.
Golf Golf Golf
Hole in 1 count: 3

Dazmaniac

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2014, 03:05:11 PM »

This, as I understand it.

Cheers chaps.

space-cash