Shots jumping right/left from an even lie/tee

• 13 Replies

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« on: October 24, 2014, 01:52:03 AM »
HI there,

I've been noticing some weird things happening recently.  As an example I'm on the tee and there is a bunker out where my ball is going to land.  The wind is blowing at 5mph right to left.  I have a narrow fairway so i put my aiming marking on the very left edge of the bunker so the wind will carry it into the fairway.  I hit a perfectly straight shot and the ball leaps off the tee about 5-10 degrees to the right of where I aimed.  The result is the ball hits about 5 yards to the left of the bunker and the slope of the fairway brings it into the bunker.

Another situation is exactly like the above but this time it is a 15mph wind.  I aim the ball 1/2 into the bunker, but this time when i hit the perfectly straight shot, it jumps off the tee as if i hit a perfectly straight shot (sometimes even further left than that) and the result is i'm off the fairway by a fair margin on the left side. 

I see this happen of the fair way with minor left or right slops, the ball just leaps off the face of the club from the moment of impact in a way that I did not aim.  I noticed that apparently the same thing is happening for some putts out there and I too have experienced that, and I was wondering if anyone was having similar issues?

Twoflower

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 11:22:38 AM »
I am hoping someone else is experiencing this as well. Makes no sense to me. Exactly as previous post suggests. Happens even on the tee. No wind, wind, no matter. According to the swing indication I hit dead straight. And still the ball jumps immediately on contact either left or right (usually in the direction I don't need at all!!). There is no indication of a miss hit. It just happens randomly, and more often for me than not. I have tried this using a makeshift 'ruler' to guarantee a straight hit and same result.

Can anyone confirm similar issue or explain whats happening? Its causing me to regret buying the game and in those rare moments, feeling like throwing something at the monitor whilst cursing profusely.

Thanks in advance.

Cheagles

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 11:32:16 AM »
Hey there, would either of you be able to capture a short video with an example?

Twoflower

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 12:06:29 PM »
Take me a while to get the capture. Will need some software for same and some editing to draw some lines for reference over the video. Perhaps tomorrow. Genuinely too frustrated to bother right now.

Cheagles

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 12:11:31 PM »
FRAPS is a fairly simple program to use for recording.  I think with  the description here already and maybe a brief one with a video, it would be enough for us to determine what is going on. 

mebby

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 02:10:17 PM »
I'm glad you've posted this.  I've experienced it a few times as well.

But what I'm not yet sure of is whether it has to do with my backswing or not because sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.  I'll also see if I can capture this if it happens again.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 01:24:59 AM »
Sorry I don't have the capability to record :(

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 05:26:32 AM »
Might be interesting to know on what platform this happens.
I have not experienced it on my PC unless its some of the "not reproduceble" misses i have not clue what went wrong. ;)
For the putting i think it happens in sidehill slopes when the pull/push of the mouse is not exactly in the vertical, but still on the same line for down and up movement.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 02:34:14 AM by UrsusArctos »
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

Steve2golf

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 11:41:09 AM »
http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=7755.0

See this thread, contains a replay. happens to me plenty. I play on PC.

Replay looks like I'm hitting when panning camera, I did not, it's misleading I took up to a minute or more to hit that shot.
Course(s) Created TGC 2019:
PGA West (Stadium Course)

gcwbosox

• xbone gt - lordcracka
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 03:17:17 PM »
I have experienced this on XBONE.  Noticed mostly on par threes and just assumed it was a design error and the tee box wasn't actually flat.
Xbox one

lordcracka

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 01:28:25 AM »
Yeah it is hard to show on a fairway and much easier to see on tee-offs.    I can't tell you how frustrating it is to be on the tee with 0 wind or even a straight wind from behind or in front, you hit a perfectly straight shot and the ball lands 5-15 yards right or left where you aimed.  It shouldnt' happen.

wirenut48

• Retired Electrician IBEW Local 48
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 09:50:33 AM »
How can you tell exactly where you are aiming? There is no aiming marker. How do you know your backswing was perfectly straight? there is no feedback for that. Or the ground is indeed perfectly level. Golf is not a game where you can hit shots with pinpoint accuracy, and I think they have done a great job in capturing that with this game.
PSN/Steam Wirenut48

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 11:39:10 AM »
Forget about the T-box. Sidehill is not taken into account when playing off the T, it just look wierd.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 09:49:02 PM »
How can you tell exactly where you are aiming? There is no aiming marker. How do you know your backswing was perfectly straight? there is no feedback for that. Or the ground is indeed perfectly level. Golf is not a game where you can hit shots with pinpoint accuracy, and I think they have done a great job in capturing that with this game.

If being perfectly straight is something that is taken into account, i haven't seen anywhere where there is something that says it is, then the game should have some way to be able to mark when you hit a perfect backswing so you can PRACTICE to do it everytime.  In golf there are many available ways to check when youre swing is perfect.  That is how you practice and get better.

space-cash