96% all day???

• 13 Replies

MLT24

« on: November 03, 2014, 09:46:40 PM »
Anyone else find it very hard to hit 100% today? I had to keep slamming the stick forward, on all courses. Played about 20 rounds and all frame rates were fine. Over and over, 96% or near that. It was horrible and cost me about 50 strokes today. Normally it would only be about 10 strokes over same amount of playing. And connection was great all day too. Tested it as well.

HitItLong

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 11:20:28 PM »
it is not about slamming the stick forward it never has been and never will be, ENSURE you have completed the backswing animation before starting the downswing, with good even tempo = 100% everytime.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 11:31:56 PM by HitItLong »
FirstBlitzer Au on Xbox One

SKREC

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 11:22:51 PM »
it also has to do with your tempo if you take the club back slow then ram it forward (or vice versa) your going to get strange results

ralphieboy72

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 11:49:58 PM »
While it might not be about slamming the stick forward, there is something going on with the servers today that is different than normal. I'm playing right now and getting much more 92-94% shots. Normally I'm 100% almost every shot.

HB_LorinB

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 05:51:54 AM »
FYI - swing percentages have nothing to do with the servers...all of that is done locally, then the shot is uploaded when you are done.

ralphieboy72

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 10:42:55 AM »
Thanks Lorin. Didn't know that. The swing percentages did seem different than normal on PS4 for me last night.  I had to concentrate harder to get to a full backswing, slightly pause, then move the stick rather swiftly to achieve 100%.  I'm not sure what was cause that.

To be honest, I actually liked the added challenge. 

boo_stik

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 04:40:57 PM »
I naturally have about half a second pause at the top of my backswing and maybe that's why I never suffer with the dreaded 95%

MLT24

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 01:01:52 PM »
it is not about slamming the stick forward it never has been and never will be, ENSURE you have completed the backswing animation before starting the downswing, with good even tempo = 100% everytime.
I hv been playing since day 1. I know how the swing works. And sorry but your wrong. Waiting on animation does not always work. The game has a hitting percentage problem. Appears frame rate is the problem. If it is it will probably never get fixed

BruceM

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 01:49:09 PM »
Theres definately a connection between internet speed and trying to hit 100%, But I think its more related to course content too.
I played both Bailiwick and Little Brook Manor last night. I had all sorts of issues with Bailiwick trying to hit 100% and no trouble at all hitting 100% at Little Brook Manor.
 Theres a clue there, I just don't know what it is.

HB_LorinB

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 02:59:09 PM »
Theres definately a connection between internet speed and trying to hit 100%, But I think its more related to course content too.
I played both Bailiwick and Little Brook Manor last night. I had all sorts of issues with Bailiwick trying to hit 100% and no trouble at all hitting 100% at Little Brook Manor.
 Theres a clue there, I just don't know what it is.

Hello Bruce - As stated above, swing is in no way connected to servers or internet.  It is all handled locally. 

ozzzy189

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 06:41:56 PM »
It was doing it to me yesterday, bloody infuriating. After pausing at the top as soon as you begin the downswing there's a weird frame stutter on the golfers swing and that when it happens. I posted it in the bug section.

SlickMick

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 08:44:39 PM »
It was doing it to me yesterday, bloody infuriating. After pausing at the top as soon as you begin the downswing there's a weird frame stutter on the golfers swing and that when it happens. I posted it in the bug section.

Me personally have found it best to not pause at all just pull back and push foward with fluid movement.

Jon E Skidmarks

• Where's the first tee & what's the course record?
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2014, 09:42:14 PM »
After reading ozzzy's observation of the stutter at the beginning of the downswing, I decided to do a little investigation.  I have never noticed it because I look at my controller during the swing to try to make a straight as possible motion, so I never see the top of the swing.  I went in course creator to make a few swings while watching the player to see if I noticed anything.  While I never did see the stutter you speak of, I did notice something.  I now say I have to agree with SlickMick, no pause at all is a good thing.  I found that I got the best results by pulling the stick back rather quickly, and as soon as the club is parallel (at the top), begin your downswing.  I noticed if you pull back rather slowly, sometimes the club doesn't get all the way to parallel (in other words, the player doesn't complete his full backswing)....which would explain a loss in power.  When I tried a slower tempo swing like that, I noticed I did not get the 100% result.  I don't know if this is our answer, but just something I noticed.
XB1: Jon E Skidmarks

dlw1964

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 09:34:01 PM »
I believe it's a frame rate problem.
The screen flutters at the top of your backswing.
Which leads to a 92 to 96 % shot if your using a ps4 controller.
I mostly use my hori and the same thing happens but I get 99% instead.

space-cash