Please reconsider

• 34 Replies

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« on: November 17, 2014, 10:30:15 PM »
   The priority for one crucial (for me) enhancement. The size of the " +- yards" info.  Unless I move too close to my 60 inch tv, I'm guessing this crucial bit of info. I realize not everyone has this issue, I suffer from 55 year old tired eyes. Judging by the ages of a lot of players and previous posts, I am far from alone. This game is terrific, worth $60 imo. The response to our forum posts from the developers is almost unheard of in todays gaming market. This addition would make the game nearly perfect for me. Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.
"We don't see that on our end"

bob5453

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 11:06:22 PM »
+1

I'm 61 and play on a 27" monitor and sometimes I just squint and then guess at the numbers, I sit back in my rocker recliner to play and I'm not leaning forward and putting on reading glasses to check a number. An option to increase this font size would fantastic.
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

bs44

• PSN: "SilversixDJ"
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 11:20:14 PM »
I like the current size but could see how it may be hard for some to read, maybe instead of enlarging it for everyone a scalable HUD ?

ajl5313

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 12:42:42 AM »
+1

Borderline unreadable on my 55" at the viewing distance from my couch

SKREC

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 12:59:53 AM »
I think the best solution would be to enlarge it while in the scout cam so its not sticking out like a sore thumb at all times. Plus if you're having a hard time seeing that number your probably using scout cam to zoom in a see what the hell you're doing anyway lol.

HB_LorinB

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 04:38:34 AM »
Hey FormerShoeShiner -

This is definitely on our radar.

Member121CA

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 05:24:15 PM »
I like that scout cam suggestion.

As a matter of fact HB could make it so that a whole bunch of info is enhanced or enlarged in scout cam. Or some other "Info Cam".
CPU: Intel i5 4670
MoBo: MSI Z87M-G43
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866MHz

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 10:25:59 PM »
   Thank you Lorin, this is excellent news......can't wait.

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 06:08:29 PM »
   I know its on your radar having read your updated enhancements, however I am respectfully requesting the priority being raised from medium to high (or higher). As it stands, medium could mean waiting many months. It's the one thing that prevents me from loving this great game. I am trying to talk anyone I know into purchasing it and spreading the word best I can. A few people said they would buy it on a price drop (personally I think its worth full price and then some). Any news or chance of a price reduction similar to Europes current offer before years end?
    Thank you again for all your hard work on this very enjoyable game, can't wait for each months updates.

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 06:54:21 PM »
great point, i struggle too

SKREC

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 09:23:54 PM »

As a matter of fact HB could make it so that a whole bunch of info is enhanced or enlarged in scout cam. Or some other "Info Cam".

IMO all the hud info (wind meter, club selection, hole yardage etc.) should only come up in scout cam or in the case of club selection only when the clubs are being changed  or even tied to an "info button" that displayed all of this information. There's too much around the screen that reminds me its a video game, but all those things are needed because it is a video game lol. I feel if when swinging you only saw your golfer and the course the visual experience as well as user immersion would greatly benefit

ajl5313

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 10:08:12 PM »

IMO all the hud info (wind meter, club selection, hole yardage etc.) should only come up in scout cam or in the case of club selection only when the clubs are being changed  or even tied to an "info button" that displayed all of this information. There's too much around the screen that reminds me its a video game, but all those things are needed because it is a video game lol. I feel if when swinging you only saw your golfer and the course the visual experience as well as user immersion would greatly benefit

The problem there is a lot of times you just want to visually check and reconfirm what you've dialed in (or not dialed in for many shots).  You shouldn't have to always go into Scout cam to see basic info.  That change would make me literally never want to play (would be annoying)

nate94gt

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 11:53:08 PM »
the loft/draw/fade meter needs larger text as well.

HB_LorinB

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 07:29:14 AM »
the loft/draw/fade meter needs larger text as well.

I was just discussing this with Anthony a couple of days ago.  Definitely on our radar.

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 07:39:37 AM »
Hm?
I think that need a little redesign, without any grid and any digits; just a ball and a clubhead and
more improtant; propre physics behind it. Currently this is way out in utopia.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

space-cash