Author Topic: Football?  (Read 5326 times)

KingJavo

• GroupMember
    • SimHeads
Football?
« on: February 22, 2014, 08:37:50 PM »
Based on the latest Press Row interview with Peter Garcin, will you guys be pursuing making an American football game by chance?

There is a huge market for an unlicensed football sim, IMO.
Steam Name:  KingJavo
Controller:  XBOX 360
----------------------------------------
Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
2x - Asus GeForce GTX 980 4GB STRIX Video Card
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Windows 10 64 bit
----------------------------------------

SKREC

Re: Football?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 01:37:07 AM »
I didn't read/hear the interview but I do believe they used to/still do work on madden he may have been referring to that although they could make a decent profit with spots games in general I know there's a tonne of frustration over Madden and NHL for sure and with the way HB seems to be the "people's dev team" they could probably do a lot of stuff that people have been begging a certain company to do for a long time..

Joystickboy

• C64 old schooler
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 04:39:23 PM »
madden sucks 2k football so much better.

shotts44

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 11:59:25 PM »
I would like to see a Football (Soccer) game based on a players career. Starting from the Sunday leagues and working his way up. I don't care about the agent or  merchandizing side of it, just the actual playing. You could have muddy park pitches and so on. The main thing is, you can play in any position but your player only progresses if they preform well in their respective position. So a defender has to defend and not decide to become a striker. This would give the game longevity as most would play the game as a striker but once that is mastered it would be nice to come back in a different position. Talking about strikers, I would like to see some skill involved in scoring, I actually liked the aiming in Three Lions  ;D.

Well that's my thoughts.     

brandyyy67

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »
I would like to see a Football (Soccer) game based on a players career. Starting from the Sunday leagues and working his way up. I don't care about the agent or  merchandizing side of it, just the actual playing. You could have muddy park pitches and so on. The main thing is, you can play in any position but your player only progresses if they preform well in their respective position. So a defender has to defend and not decide to become a striker. This would give the game longevity as most would play the game as a striker but once that is mastered it would be nice to come back in a different position. Talking about strikers, I would like to see some skill involved in scoring, I actually liked the aiming in Three Lions  ;D.

Well that's my thoughts.   

nice  thought  but  i cant  see it selling,the kids that  buy these games like fifa and a lesser extent pes   want  real  players  real  teams  and  kits  real  stadiums  and  real  commentry,the  gameplay has to be  good  but  all these  add to  it  especially  in  football/soccer

shotts44

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 06:27:32 PM »
brandyyy67 - I know, I started playing video games back in the day when there were a lot trying to get top spot. Fifa and PES came out on top, but PES lagged behind once EA corporate flexed their muscles and bought all the rights. Same with American football to extent. Shame really.

Three Lions:

brandyyy67

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 03:25:37 PM »
im old enough to remember  the  no1   football game   sensible  soccer ,,,,,,   gr8  times

shotts44

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 04:10:54 PM »
im old enough to remember  the  no1   football game   sensible  soccer ,,,,,,   gr8  times

Totally agree, Sensi was the best.

space-cash