J3Y 7E9

« on: December 21, 2014, 08:43:08 AM »
until December 28th
PSN: J3Y7E9
No training wheels Society

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 02:54:22 PM »
Some Of the pins On this course for no grid is frustrating At times Felt like throwing controller across Room,No idea how to putt close on some of them especially the 5th lucky its a par 5

J3Y 7E9

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 03:00:39 PM »
The head groundskeeper of this course obviously graduated summa com laude from the Marquis de Sade's "How to make a golfer's life miserable" Advanced 101  class !!!

ProjectM4yhem23

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 03:23:55 PM »
Haha I haven't played it yet but there were a bunch of no grid hell pins on the December Long Tour (7-8 courses in)........its a sinking feeling moving the aiming marker a cup or two off the hole on 3-6 foot putts.....it seems so far away...so I aim for the edge and watch it slide away low and roll another 6 feet away....rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  But playing no grid certainly helps reading greens with the grid on.

Yeltzman

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 04:28:24 PM »
Saying that it is the only Tournament i play So must enjoy it in some kind of weird pleasure

J3Y 7E9

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 05:52:50 PM »
Haha I haven't played it yet but there were a bunch of no grid hell pins on the December Long Tour (7-8 courses in)........its a sinking feeling moving the aiming marker a cup or two off the hole on 3-6 foot putts.....it seems so far away...so I aim for the edge and watch it slide away low and roll another 6 feet away....rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  But playing no grid certainly helps reading greens with the grid on.

Funny it does not help me at all. I barely shave a shot or two from scores, playing with a grid. I have played without a grid for so long I just don't know how to figure out all these lines... :)

J3Y 7E9

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 05:53:39 PM »

Funny it does not help me at all. I barely shave a shot or two from my no grid scores, playing with one. I have played without a grid for so long I just don't know how to figure out all these lines... :)

Acrilix

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 08:15:20 PM »
I wanted this course to play a little tougher than my previous few courses but I don't believe that any of the pins here are unfair. If they are, then maybe some corruption took place during publishing.
I play no grid, no scout cam, no aiming reticle and I think I posted level par here on my PC which is probably 2 or 3 over my usual average round on TGC these days. This is about the difficulty I was aiming for with this course. All my courses since Masefield Municipal have been play-tested with no grid, no scout cam during their design.
My last 7 courses (newest first):
Binyon Peak
McGonagall Golf Club
Lovelace Bay
Swinburne Forest GC
Brackenridge Nine by Acrilix
Drayton Lakes
Chudleigh Golf Club

J3Y 7E9

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 05:13:03 AM »
I wanted this course to play a little tougher than my previous few courses but I don't believe that any of the pins here are unfair. If they are, then maybe some corruption took place during publishing.
I play no grid, no scout cam, no aiming reticle and I think I posted level par here on my PC which is probably 2 or 3 over my usual average round on TGC these days. This is about the difficulty I was aiming for with this course. All my courses since Masefield Municipal have been play-tested with no grid, no scout cam during their design.

Hey man, I like your course and that's why I picked it for this week's four round NO GRID tournament.

Are the pins unfair ? Sure they are but most pins are unfair... :) on all courses !!! That's the reason I like to play without a grid. Video golf would be boring always posting  -12  scores.

Yeltzman

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 02:55:43 PM »
Nope Wasnt having a Go at the course just playing without a grid and you read putt wrong on 5th goes even further away just very frustrating Love the course but got 15mph winds as well......controller did well to stop in hands...Great Links course

steelereign

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 05:17:49 PM »
Also enjoyed the course!  I really like playing no-grid, but there are times, especially with shadows on the green, that it's nearly impossible to read break.  That said, I guess I enjoy the pain and agony of missing a "gimme."

space-cash