Courses- Hidden Gems

• 42 Replies

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« on: December 27, 2014, 03:35:39 PM »
    Thought this may be a good way to get some of the very talented, less known designers some plays on their courses. As well as the entire community to enjoy more top quality course. So, if you have any courses that you have played that you deem as worthy of multiple plays/tourney quality, please include them here. It's a very time consuming process, and it would be nice for them to get the satisfaction of people enjoying their hard work. Thank you all in advance.
"We don't see that on our end"

Antiparosjez

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 04:57:56 PM »
I like Eagleton a lot and most things by Wendy and Biggins. I fear my courses won't get anywhere near the 200 plays required for handicaps etc which is a shame as some people will naturally navigate towards popular (well over 200 plays) and official courses. Not knocking those but lots of gems out there I've played.
Grendel Woods The Pier Sandyhurst Lakes North Kernow, Chart Lakes, West Foreland Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Romney Harbour, Kingston Park, Gull Rock, City Park, Mullion Cliffs, Wealden Forest, Brookland Marshes

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 05:11:39 PM »
   If you could be so kind to share the names of the courses you consider gems, we could all enjoy them as well and hopefully get the 200 plays needed. I know its a pain, but I actually keep a small book near me and jot down courses. So far, all of mine are listed and rated on tgctours, so I didn't want to duplicate those here. Thank you.

Crazycanuck1985

• GroupMember
    • TGCToursTV Twitch Channel
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 05:22:29 PM »
There are a few courses that I consider to be hidden gems that I have come across doing my feedback videos. All the courses I have done are listed on the first post.

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=8021.0

Antiparosjez

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 07:40:21 PM »
   If you could be so kind to share the names of the courses you consider gems, we could all enjoy them as well and hopefully get the 200 plays needed. I know its a pain, but I actually keep a small book near me and jot down courses. So far, all of mine are listed and rated on tgctours, so I didn't want to duplicate those here. Thank you.

Maybe you've not had a chance to play;
Mirror pines, Devils basin, powderfinger, glen view pines, deliverance, the heathland go, buzzards reach, Killigrew folly, glam pentref, old beaver creek, ct hames go,tpc at Carolina oaks, scarpacci hills, Eagleton bend, Taff trail, le shy woods, dismal river, woodlands golf club Australia, croc or wood golf club and I usually play a new course every day based on what others are playing and what's posted here. Obvious classics like loch Loren, TGC @the bavarois and pine lakes would also be a mistake to miss. I like playing my courses obviously (that's why I designed them) and people say nice things about them so if you get a chance maybe have a go at mine below if you want to. Hope that helps and there are some courses there people have missed.
Grendel Woods The Pier Sandyhurst Lakes North Kernow, Chart Lakes, West Foreland Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Romney Harbour, Kingston Park, Gull Rock, City Park, Mullion Cliffs, Wealden Forest, Brookland Marshes

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 01:54:24 PM »
This thread should be revived as there probably are a bunch of hidden gems that get overlooked.  If you play a great course that you don't see mentioned in the forums, post it here so it can get more exposure.  You never know, you could help that designer get his course on the Suggested List or maybe even picked up by a Tour.

Thanks!
Keith

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 02:03:33 PM »
I would guess that this is NOT a place to "pimp your own" stuff. This is for when you find a course, play it, like it... post it here.
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 02:50:49 PM »
I would guess that this is NOT a place to "pimp your own" stuff. This is for when you find a course, play it, like it... post it here.

Correctamundo.  This whole area (Completed Courses) is for pimping your own stuff.  This post is for hidden gems only.  If someone has a thread already in the C.C area, don't post their course in here.  Just post a message in their course thread as that will take it to the top to get noticed.

BruceM

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 10:53:02 PM »
I really hate to be the doom and gloom guy(ok maybe not that much) but with 60,000 some courses I'm afraid theres a whole lot of courses that will just stay hidden and stay that way.

Justindube

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 02:01:44 PM »
Firestone Creek GC - My long lost course from the Beta that is quite amazing. Put in +20 hours to create.  I copy and pasted the post. Please review! YouTube flyby included!

I  made every single hole without using the automatic course generator.  Rocks, bunkers, water, greens, etc. were almost all specifically placed and tested. Every hole is unique and has something new to try.  I put in some longs hours and I think everyone is going to enjoy it! 

I know there are many courses to try, but if you get a chance please give it a go!  Any feedback is appreciate, thanks :)

FLYBY - YouTube Video:  To save everyone time (without having to play it through to see if you like it), I made a quick video of a flyby for each hole.  Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMJ8RU4qcUg

theclv24

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 02:22:09 PM »
Hey all, I know it's tough to get plays, but this post is for helping out others, not pimping your own course. Something like this:

If you are interested in a unique challenge, try Fishers GC - Fishers Island, NY. It's a replica of a real Seth Raynor design in the Links theme. A real quirky course and a bit of a challenge, just like the real course, I'm sure.

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2015, 01:28:10 AM »
Not too hidden but it's a gem to me. Caldera Basin.  Wonderful course that just looks and feels right. Great use of elevation changes. Try another by same designer named Trebarwith 2015.
   Some more in no particular order:  Kingston Point Resort, Seminole creek, Columbia National, and TGC @ Tennessee Park.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 05:16:36 PM by IDontShineShoesAnymore »

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2015, 08:08:46 AM »
Not being rude either but the video to firestone screams auto gen, the way the rough kicks in and out of the fairway is classic auto gen design, it's what renders the auto gen feature totally useless because you have to go thru each hole and repair ****. and taste, please remember to remove your sig when posting in this thread...Strictly no pimping!  ;) nice track btw.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 08:12:17 AM by DoGgzbollox »

Ernie

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 07:32:13 PM »
I have a few courses that I created that I would like some feedback on to help me go in the right direction. I wish there was a comment section at the end of a round for that ?

Phil Mcrakin's Golf resort
New "Thoracic Park" Golf course
"meow" Mountain Golf Course
Unsafe Harbor Country Club
Pine Hole Golf course
Tropical thunder Golf resort
Carpenters Vally
Scenic Heights
Wolf run
Blowback Mountain
Gobblers Hill
New New New Mimbly Bimbly Island Resort
Rocky Mountain Oysters

ssa1950

• rascal607
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 12:55:30 AM »
Just played The Willows@Mitchell's Burn;  very nice and challenging course.

space-cash