2015 Masters Tournament

• 13 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« on: January 02, 2015, 10:48:03 PM »
I wanted to alert everyone to a wonderful new course that has been unleashed in The Golf Club today.  Theclv24 has created what I think might be the best recreation of Augusta National (He calls it Magnolia National so HB Studios can list it among their Suggested Courses without fear of reprisal from AN).  It will test your nerves, but it captures the Augusta National experience very well.  He used the Boreal theme, but was able to get some of the Countryside theme flowers in there to take the place of azaleas.

Theclv24 created a "Tour" using the Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday versions of Magnolia National on the PC and the PS4.  I created one using the same format and settings for the XB1.  The Tour name (and make sure you search for it under "Tours") is 2015 Masters Tournament.  Be prepared to be astounded... it is an incredible course!

Remember, this is - in essence - a 72 hole Tournament, but because The Golf Club isn't equipped to have multiple pin settings for a course, the creator had to name the course a different name for each pin setting and the only way to use multiple "courses" is to create a tour.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

HitItLong

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 04:23:49 AM »
Cool, and thanks, gave your ghost ball a bitch slapping in the Thursday rnd.  ;) :D
FirstBlitzer Au on Xbox One

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 08:43:05 AM »
Cool, and thanks, gave your ghost ball a bitch slapping in the Thursday rnd.  ;) :D

;D  Yeah, probably you and any other semi-sentient life form that tees it up in this one will follow suite.  How many of my 4-putt greens did you get to experience in their full glory as you played along?  Seriously, I wish this course was handicap rated already, at least on the PS4, where I spend 80% of my TGC playing time.  I'd have my +8.4 handicap down to a -2 by now if I had.  I shot a freakin' 88 in round 2 on the PS4 version of this tournament... and had to chip in twice from off the green to do that!?

I'll be playing round 2 on the XB1 tour again this morning, so you should have more comedic relief to play along with :D  I hope more XB1 players play this course and all of it's iterations.  Theclv24 even has a casual members round version of the course.  I may have to play it before I go out in round 2, just to try to restablish some confidence in my game  8)
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Bobapett

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 01:22:21 PM »
Amazing course!  Thank you John.  First round, I shot a horrible +4 on the first hole, and was playing up hill from there - but I managed to finish at +3 I believe.  Going back for round two in a few minutes!
Only YOU can prevent word crimes.

Bobapett

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 02:15:00 PM »
I see what you mean about round two - absolutely brutal. 
Only YOU can prevent word crimes.

dlw1964

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 02:24:07 PM »
I can't stop praising these courses.
They are fantastic.
Finished the tournament on the ps4 side.
35 under total

-16 Thursday
-3 Friday
-10 Saturday
-6 Sunday

steelereign

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 04:34:39 PM »
This Augusta rendition is excellent!   I'm blown away by that - 16 dlw! 

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 06:04:24 PM »
I'm blown away by that - 16 dlw! 

That is truly astounding... I'm at +22 now through 3 rounds on the PS4 tournament, and had three 4-putt greens in round three, which is down one from the 4 I had in round 2 8)  DLW, what planet are your from?  ;D
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

dlw1964

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 06:21:19 PM »
The 16 under wow even myself
Started off with 3 straight birdies got lucky with a hole out on #5 ended finishing the front 9 at 8 under. Birdie 10 & 12
Eagle 13 almost double eagle 15 then almost got a hole in one on 16, shot 8 under on the back side.
Even though I shot 16 under the great thing about these courses is my scores are all over the place.
Thur. 9 & 16 under
Fri  only 2 & 3 under
Sat  even & 10 under
Sun 6, 6, 7 & 11 under

Just like the real thing putting is the key.
You must control the distance of your putts. No 3 putts.
The putts break more on this course than most of the courses we play. Play more break than you think.
More tips
The greens hold well & almost every pin can be attacked but your approach shot must be hit well.
Even though the greens are big they only have small quadrants, you miss them, your ball will be going somewhere you don't want it to be. Lol
I normally make sure I have enough club to get to the flag, almost every shot short of target will end up bad.
Shots slightly long are a lot more manageable IMO.
Lastly almost every approach shot kicks some and some of them a lot.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 06:47:55 PM by dlw1964 »

steelereign

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 06:42:23 PM »
I'm blown away by that - 16 dlw! 

That is truly astounding... I'm at +22 now through 3 rounds on the PS4 tournament, and had three 4-putt greens in round three, which is down one from the 4 I had in round 2 8)  DLW, what planet are your from?  ;D

+6
Even
+6

Finished the tourney at +9 and was fairly happy with that, except for hole #9 in the final round.   I had 5 flop shots roll 60 feet off the green back to my feet.  Took an 11 on that one!  ARRGG!

Immediately fired my caddy after the final round.  Chump kept laughing at me!  Guess I'll need to hire a new one before I start the Web. Com tourney next week.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 04:06:45 PM »
I came out of my funk today and shot a 65 in the final round.  I had a 30 on the front 9, and was -6 going to the 10th.  I pulled one of those obligatory 93%'ers on my approach and barely made the front of the 10th green, and 3-putted from there.  I 3-putted 13 from 18 feet for par.  My highlight of the tournament was my ace on 16 in this round though.  I hit a lofted 6 iron that John asked "did you get all of that?".  I got enough of it to get it to the hole.  I wish I'd recorded it but I forgot the command.

I think I finished +3 overall, but I enjoyed this more than any competition I've played so far in The Golf Club.  Only 8 players have played in this tournament and it's been advertised on five different forums where TGC frequent.  Either we're too spread out over competition types, or the traffic is dropping off significantly?
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Oblong

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2015, 12:45:38 PM »
I started playing it John but with TGCT going on I was getting really down on my game by the 2nd round at this most excellent recreation of AN.  After I finish the tournament at TGCT this week I will resume play.  I am like 7 over through 30 holes thanks to 20-30 yard shots where everything I try (flop, pitch, chip) I can't help but get too much backspin on and the balls comes back to my feet.  That said, this course plays almost exactly like what you see on TV, it's a gem!

ProjectM4yhem23

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 03:46:48 PM »
Great Job CLV!!! Awesome job on the recreation!!!

After -7, -8 start I had a disappointing E on Saturday…..It left me 3 off FirstBlitzers lead to this point on the xbox leaderboard.  So I loaded up his ghostball and had my own Sunday at Augusta in my head….It was pretty damn funny how close it was to a real Sunday result….

I promptly start off my round with a bogie! Great start.  But managed to finish the front 2 under and when I stuck my tee shot on 12 to 3 ft I was tied with Blitzer.  Birdied 13 to take the lead.  Blitzer then birdies 15 “I could have sworn his second shot came up short and rolled into the pond but it must have hung up a foot from the waterline.” (great up and down) I lip out a 6 foot birdie putt rrrrrrrrr.  His tee shot on 16 is to 3 ft and I par so he gets his lead back.  His second on the 17th releases to the back right of the green so I go for broke and try and just clear the bunker protecting the pin…..perfect distance, lands 1 foot onto the green and rolls 6ft past the pin….birdie for the tie….we both par 18.  Wow that was fun.  Both of us at -19.

Would love to go hth to break the tie someday…..and I am well aware that someone will surpass us both on the xbox leaderboard before the tourney ends.

Good times!

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 09:43:15 PM »
This course is so frustrating! but excellent at the same time, very good course.

space-cash