Bug when typing in the search bar to find a course

• 7 Replies

Ariel Atom

« on: January 04, 2015, 01:47:32 AM »
When I type in the search bar to find a course, it removes the cursor from the bar every time I type the letter E. Recently pinpointed it searching for Cedar Lake Plantation. To test this hypothesis I added an extra e on the end and it took me out of the search bar again. no idea if anyone else has experienced this bug before.

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I'm watchin' you.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 02:27:39 AM »
Since the new update...click "Y" to type in course....get kicked down to the first course listed on that page after typing in a few letters..it varies...have to hot "Y" again to go back up to search to continue.....it may be a small glitch but very annoying when you are searching for courses.........Merry Christmas......Cheers

i'm guessing somewhat similar...........

Sheppy

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 05:30:21 AM »
When I type in the search bar to find a course, it removes the cursor from the bar every time I type the letter E. Recently pinpointed it searching for Cedar Lake Plantation. To test this hypothesis I added an extra e on the end and it took me out of the search bar again. no idea if anyone else has experienced this bug before.

Yes I have noticed this too, and also with the letter Q.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 05:33:56 AM by Sheppy »

ajl5313

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 12:02:29 PM »
I have this as well - I'm not sure it's tied to any particular letter, but maybe it drops focus from the search field if it decides to go ping the back end and populate the search results list?

That's how it seems to me anyhow - As I can't ever really perfectly duplicate the problem but it happens every time I go to search for a course people or TGCTours is recommending.

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I'm watchin' you.
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 07:14:57 PM »
I have this as well - I'm not sure it's tied to any particular letter, but maybe it drops focus from the search field if it decides to go ping the back end and populate the search results list?

That's how it seems to me anyhow - As I can't ever really perfectly duplicate the problem but it happens every time I go to search for a course people or TGCTours is recommending.

Agreed, i don't think it is tied to any letter
I search most of the time in public courses and it is knocking me out all the time...........frustrating and time consuming

Ariel Atom

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 09:32:09 PM »
It might be other letters too but E seems to do it every single time for me...hmmmmm

scajjr2

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 09:57:02 PM »
for me it stops after the 3rd letter in whatever I type. Mouse click back in the and i can pick up where I left off. PITA

Sam

Cheagles

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 05:15:21 PM »
Hey all, it seems to be with Q and E, they change the SORT BY filter, which they should not while you are typing a search.  It has been logged!

space-cash