Course Generator Improvements?

• 28 Replies

darmas64

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 07:08:17 PM »
Just a heads up in case you haven't heard. HB tweeted yesterday confirmation that the mouse and keyboard will be in the full release for the course creator.

April Fools is over now..... ;D ;)

DarylJ ‏@Darmas64 20h

@thegolfclubgame can you confirm that mouse and keyboard can be used for the course creator?

Retweet
    Favorite

Collapse
6:57 PM - 31 Mar 2014 · Details
The Golf Club ‏@thegolfclubgame 8h

@Darmas64 Yes, they'll be in for full release

Retweet
    Favorite

Collapse
6:37 AM - 1 Apr 2014 · Details

darmas64

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 02:25:00 AM »
I really believe that the course creator we have now is only the tip of the iceberg. They have said that we will have mouse and keyboard support. They have also stated they are working on more brushes (such as pine mulch), more flowers/plants, cliff faces  (refer twitter) I am sure there will be more backgrounds to come also. The creator is a major piece of this software and I expect a more fully fleshed out course creator on release and after regular updates.

Call me an optimist but they have a head start on any other golf game in this area and It would be a mistake not to take full advantage of that and provide a piece of software that everyone wants to be involved with.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 02:48:11 AM by darmas64 »

morden44

• Suck It Up ButterCup
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 03:07:06 AM »
I really believe that the course creator we have now is only the tip of the iceberg. They have said that we will have mouse and keyboard support. They have also stated they are working on more brushes (such as pine mulch), more flowers/plants, cliff faces  (refer twitter) I am sure there will be more backgrounds to come also. The creator is a major piece of this software and I expect a more fully fleshed out course creator on release and after regular updates.

Call me an optimist but they have a head start on any other golf game in this area and It would be a mistake not to take full advantage of that and provide a piece of software that everyone wants to be involved with.

I really hope you are correct. I do think the future of the course creator is unlimited.

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 12:12:57 PM »
They have said that we will have mouse and keyboard support.

I must have missed that even though I read every post here on the forums. Can you give me a link to that post?  ???

-MERACE

AndrewG

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 05:41:39 PM »

I must have missed that even though I read every post here on the forums. Can you give me a link to that post?  ???

-MERACE

Check their twitter page it is there.
I Use: Xbox 360 wired gamepad for Windows PC.

Steam Name: FirstBlitzerAu

My Courses

Somersett Lakes CC
The Lakes of Fall Golf Club
Badlands Country Club
Heritage Lakes CDC (Front 9)

Dazmaniac

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 05:45:46 PM »
Just a heads up in case you haven't heard. HB tweeted yesterday confirmation that the mouse and keyboard will be in the full release for the course creator.

Be nice to have it in the BETA so it can be tested.

They also tweeted me back regards multiple tees, multiple pins and fringes around the greens. They said:-

These will all be going in over the life of the game, maybe just not at first. Some big technical hurdles with these things.

Maybe they should talk to PP (Perfect Parallel) as they have green fringes, multiple tees and multiple pins in their Course Forge...... which runs in Unity 3D.

Even TW and Links 2003 had these included. Not really a 'next gen' golf game if they don't have stuff 'previous gen' did, lol.

Dazmaniac

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2014, 05:48:58 PM »
so wait you cannot shape fairways at this point in time? only make it wider or thinner?

Correct. There doesn't appear to be any way of adding a fairway overlay texture manually to alter the appearance (like you can with greens and bunkers). It gets added automatically as you set your way-points for holes. You can seem to set where you want the fairway to start on the hole, but then you can only make it wider/narrower and then make the edges straighter/more wavy.

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2014, 10:22:29 PM »

-MERACE

Check their twitter page it is there.

I just read that tweet, however, they were referring to playing rounds.  I would like to read a definitive statement from the developers that the mouse and keyboard can be used with the course creator.

-MERACE

darmas64

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2014, 12:15:47 AM »
See reply 15

xusemagru

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2014, 07:16:51 AM »

They also tweeted me back regards multiple tees, multiple pins and fringes around the greens. They said:-

These will all be going in over the life of the game, maybe just not at first. Some big technical hurdles with these things.

Maybe they should talk to PP (Perfect Parallel) as they have green fringes, multiple tees and multiple pins in their Course Forge...... which runs in Unity 3D.

Even TW and Links 2003 had these included. Not really a 'next gen' golf game if they don't have stuff 'previous gen' did, lol.

Can i ask what is the big concern with playing from multiple tees? If we are talking tournament wise having alternate tees that don't shorten or lengthen a hole by 100s of yards or something crazy then i see your point. but only in Tiger have i ever seen someone WANT to play red tees or forward tees. If you were to suggest playing the shorter tees to someone in real life at a course im sure you would get laughed at. There is no way I am paying to golf at a golf course and then playing from the red(women's) tees

Multiple pin placements I agree with wholeheartedly
Courses Created:

Hunters Ridge C.C.
Magru National C.C.
Magru Canyon

Stein276

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2014, 09:06:02 AM »
I think multiple pin placements would be great for tournaments, but I am in no hurry for them. We'll get them when we get them, it's not a deal breaker for me.

Multiple tees - I would never use them, I would prefer the time spent creating them, to be spent developing the course creator even more.

WindyCityWizard

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2014, 10:15:24 AM »

It gets added automatically as you set your way-points for holes. You can seem to set where you want the fairway to start on the hole, but then you can only make it wider/narrower and then make the edges straighter/more wavy.

Two quick questions.
1. Have multiple waypoints been included yet?
2. Can you make the fairway end well before the green? I know you can make it start wherever you want, but can you similiarly make it end wherever you want?
Lots of versions due to refurbishments.
Play the ones exactly how they're listed here:
Tulip Point CC-Queen's Course
Tulip Point-Prince Course
Tulip Point-Royal Forest
Tulip Pt.-King's Course
Tulip Pt.-Royal Meadow
*All courses above have B, C, D versions*

Also,
Timber Trails (RCR)

Dazmaniac

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2014, 05:14:47 PM »

Can i ask what is the big concern with playing from multiple tees? If we are talking tournament wise having alternate tees that don't shorten or lengthen a hole by 100s of yards or something crazy then i see your point. but only in Tiger have i ever seen someone WANT to play red tees or forward tees. If you were to suggest playing the shorter tees to someone in real life at a course im sure you would get laughed at. There is no way I am paying to golf at a golf course and then playing from the red(women's) tees

All about options.

Why have to fire up the game and play every round at a course from the tombstones. You might want to fire it up one night with friends and have random tees in play, so some holes play a little shorter than normal. If you want to play from the tips, then by all means do so.

Golf courses around the world have multiple tees on each hole, so I don't see why HBS can't offer us the same in their 'next gen' golf offering.

Also allows Tour Moderators to mix things up during tournaments. Sure, some will want to have 4 rounds off the back tees. Some might want to choose 'custom' tees and mix them up for each round so that a Par 5 doesn't play 620 yds every round or a Par 3 isn't 4 rounds off the same 230 yd back tee.

That is why I'm suggesting multiple tees be added.

If you don't like it, fine, stick with what you prefer. But why deny others the option just because you are against it?

xusemagru

• GroupMember
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2014, 07:09:10 PM »

All about options.

Why have to fire up the game and play every round at a course from the tombstones. You might want to fire it up one night with friends and have random tees in play, so some holes play a little shorter than normal. If you want to play from the tips, then by all means do so.

Golf courses around the world have multiple tees on each hole, so I don't see why HBS can't offer us the same in their 'next gen' golf offering.

Also allows Tour Moderators to mix things up during tournaments. Sure, some will want to have 4 rounds off the back tees. Some might want to choose 'custom' tees and mix them up for each round so that a Par 5 doesn't play 620 yds every round or a Par 3 isn't 4 rounds off the same 230 yd back tee.

That is why I'm suggesting multiple tees be added.

If you don't like it, fine, stick with what you prefer. But why deny others the option just because you are against it?

Not saying to deny others, never did just said i didnt understand the fuss. maybe I have too many bad memories from Tiger where everyone posted the shorter tees. they did it simply because they mapped those courses out and knew what clubs to hit on what holes, what short cuts were possible it was cheesy IMO.

I agree with the pin placement changes especially for tournaments. no need to play 4 rounds with the same pin from the same distance i get that.

But you are right play what ya want. if they add multiple tees great
Courses Created:

Hunters Ridge C.C.
Magru National C.C.
Magru Canyon

space-cash