Course generator suggestion

• 8 Replies

KenR

« on: March 07, 2014, 12:53:12 AM »
For the dev team: Guys, I've noticed on at least some of the auto generated courses that ball washers are being placed directly on the tees practically right next to tee markers and the player. I suggest you make a change to the code to place them beside the teeing ground. I've played golf for 50 years and on many courses, and I've never seen a ball washer on the teeing ground itself.

Just an idea to make the realism a little bit better....
Ken
KenR; Xbox 360 wired
i7 3.6ghz/12gb/Nvidia 1050ti 4gb/Win 10 Pro 64
1920x1080/High

ralphieboy72

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 03:31:47 AM »
It seems the ball washer and golf bag are automatically placed.  I would prefer they were removed completely and all that was on a new teeing ground were the tee markers themselves.   Then we could place the ball washer or bag wherever we want, if at all.

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 11:28:47 AM »
It seems the ball washer and golf bag are automatically placed.  I would prefer they were removed completely and all that was on a new teeing ground were the tee markers themselves.   Then we could place the ball washer or bag wherever we want, if at all.

+1

I too, find the ball washer and bag on the tee box a bit odd.  ???

-MERACE

sinewiz

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 11:41:54 AM »

+1

I too, find the ball washer and bag on the tee box a bit odd.  ???

-MERACE

It brings back memories of Arnold Palmer Tournament golf for the Sega Genesis Golf. ;D

Dazmaniac

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 09:01:51 PM »

^ This.

Why not make the ball washer and bag options to be added as objects, then if folks want to add them they can, and those that don't want them can have a teeing ground devoid of them.

KenR

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 01:23:23 AM »
The dev's haven't responded to this; I'm wondering if one of you who are beta testing can check to see if the ball markers and/or golf bag that are auto generated when courses are built can at least be moved and re-positioned around the tee?

Thanks!
Ken
KenR; Xbox 360 wired
1920x1080/High

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 01:50:32 PM »
The dev's haven't responded to this; I'm wondering if one of you who are beta testing can check to see if the ball markers and/or golf bag that are auto generated when courses are built can at least be moved and re-positioned around the tee?

Thanks!

As of now, no.  However, there have not been any changes or additions that I know of to the course creator in any of the beta builds.  I'm hoping we see something in the next beta build.  ???

-MERACE

KenR

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 02:11:18 PM »
OK, thanks for the info. Hopefully they'll spend some time later on making improvements to the course creator as the game progresses.
Ken
KenR; Xbox 360 wired
1920x1080/High

theclv24

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 12:11:32 AM »

It brings back memories of Arnold Palmer Tournament golf for the Sega Genesis Golf. ;D

The music from this game is still in my head to this day... I don't think I will ever forget it.

space-cash