Fairways

• 31 Replies

Gasman

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 03:31:39 PM »
An option to have the camera stay with the golfer post shot rather the current follow cam will help the overall presentation of the game.Any fairway regularities are made more obvious when the camera tracks the ball in flight.

divtag

• carved a grin
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 03:31:54 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys, we want to get that tool in as soon as we can, it basically comes down to how many other issues pop up that are more must fix.  Fingers crossed for early next week but I'm not making any promises. 

The goal is to hopefully find a way to generate a fairway using the sliders and other settings on a per course or per hole basis to make things easy for the novice user, and to allow options (like a brush that you can scale/rotate to create other shapes) that a more serious user will enjoy and doesn't mind spending some time combining a few brushes to make the shape they want.

Anyways, stay tuned.

... sounds fabulous! ❤

sinewiz

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2014, 05:53:52 PM »
Thanks Paul, it's refreshing to know you guys are open to listening to user feedback. ;)

rhino7176

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2014, 11:54:35 PM »
I hope you get that in for release.  I'd like to be able to have pinch points on fairways and widen certain areas out to tempt players to shoot for.

GrafUlrich88

• golf-beta
  • Viva Montana!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2014, 11:17:27 AM »
Hey Paul,

Thanks for the awesome reply. I will keep messing around with the beta today and over the weekend.

Cheers!!!
Rob H aka Graf

JOE golfer G

• 4 Handicap Golfer
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2014, 01:25:23 PM »
Brushes Brushes Brushes lol that will fix all.

sinewiz

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2014, 01:56:30 PM »
I hope you get that in for release. I'd like to be able to have pinch points on fairways and widen certain areas out to tempt players to shoot for.

Without them courses are going to take on a boring sameness. :-[

morden44

• Suck It Up ButterCup
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2014, 02:34:31 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys, we want to get that tool in as soon as we can, it basically comes down to how many other issues pop up that are more must fix.  Fingers crossed for early next week but I'm not making any promises. 

The goal is to hopefully find a way to generate a fairway using the sliders and other settings on a per course or per hole basis to make things easy for the novice user, and to allow options (like a brush that you can scale/rotate to create other shapes) that a more serious user will enjoy and doesn't mind spending some time combining a few brushes to make the shape they want.

Anyways, stay tuned.

... sounds fabulous! ❤

I totally agree, straight edged fairways all the time just don't look good.

Uncle Mumford

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 04:58:42 PM »
Not that this should be a high priority,  but it would also be neat to have a couple different mowing patterns,  including
one where it bisects the fairway, like at Olympic for the US Open IIRC.

morden44

• Suck It Up ButterCup
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 07:59:52 PM »
Not that this should be a high priority,  but it would also be neat to have a couple different mowing patterns,  including

Yes that would be nice. Perhaps in an update down the road at some point.

GrafUlrich88

• golf-beta
  • Viva Montana!!!
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 01:12:32 PM »

Hey Mumford,

I like the idea of having a variety of mowing patterns because it will give the courses more variety.

Cheers!!!
Rob H aka Graf

Zeus

• THE ULTIMATE GOLF TOUR
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 01:28:01 PM »
and maybe a slider to turn up or down the level of "wear" on the course, from brand new country club to warn in old public course.

ralphieboy72

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 02:41:17 PM »
and maybe a slider to turn up or down the level of "wear" on the course, from brand new country club to warn in old public course.

I like this idea a lot.  It would create some more diversity in what we see.  Sort of like the difference between a lush green course to more of a dormant bermuda look.

Lightspeed

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2014, 09:40:35 AM »
Very constructive thread! Gr8 ideas!!

maximum MAXIMUM BACKSPIN!

AMD Phenom II X 1100T
12 Gig Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram
GTX 760 2 Gig DDR Gigabyte
620W Corsair PSU
High Quality - Average FPS - 45, MIN FPS 40. Smooth.

PS3 Dual Shock.
Steam name: lightspeed_aust

Uncle Mumford

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2014, 03:51:45 PM »
Even a little slider to slightly change the color of the grass would go a long way.

I think a lot of these ideas would have a tremendous bang for the buck in terms of how much difference they would make towards enhancing the variety of the courses compared to the work they would take to implement.

space-cash