TGC tours seems to be clouded with partisanship

• 20 Replies

ProjectM4yhem23

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 03:00:05 PM »
I am never against constructive criticism, but I would advise you to be very, very careful here. As someone who ran my own Tour for awhile, I can assure you that everyone cannot be pleased all of the time. Things like this post add up over time, though. They have a post open at their forum for discussion on the issue, which is probably the best place for comments. But creating a post on the HB forums where you, albeit fairly respectfully, call out the credibility or perhaps integrity of the Tour creators in regards to rules... well, it can be the type of thing that makes the Tour creators ask "What am I putting up with this for?"

I think your issue would be better taken up on the TGC forums, or perhaps even privately with the creators. We've got a pretty good thing going, in my opinion, but it might be gone before we know it if we don't address our concerns or complaints with the Tours in the proper way.

There is no reason to advise me here buddy...  I'm only giving an opinion for the sake of discussion.  I'm not being ugly or pointing any fingers at anyone in particular, but I'm talking about concerns of mine.   If my little observation is enough to throw TGCtours off track then there is a much bigger problems than otherwise expeted...   Again,  it's only my opinion, and I'm sure most people don't agree and that is fine...    I have absolutely nothing against anyone personally and I can say that with 100% conviction.

I think of it more in these terms... People were complaining about players chipping on the green to the point where they were never putting. The criticism got loud enough that they looked into it and took a stance. They sent an e-mail explaining the stance clearly, and opened up a venue for people to discuss the move.

Now that they have, others have taken a loud position against their move, and in your case, gone to a different forum to not only disagree with the move, but question their credibility to a degree. If I'm a Tour creator, what's the point of ever trying to make improvements if no answer is right? They volunteered for this, sure, but at a certain point it's too much to be worth the effort.

Again, criticism and comments should be encouraged. The venue and approach should be considered by all, though, else we lose this great operation for good.

Amen.

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2015, 03:08:51 PM »
I am never against constructive criticism, but I would advise you to be very, very careful here. As someone who ran my own Tour for awhile, I can assure you that everyone cannot be pleased all of the time. Things like this post add up over time, though. They have a post open at their forum for discussion on the issue, which is probably the best place for comments. But creating a post on the HB forums where you, albeit fairly respectfully, call out the credibility or perhaps integrity of the Tour creators in regards to rules... well, it can be the type of thing that makes the Tour creators ask "What am I putting up with this for?"

I think your issue would be better taken up on the TGC forums, or perhaps even privately with the creators. We've got a pretty good thing going, in my opinion, but it might be gone before we know it if we don't address our concerns or complaints with the Tours in the proper way.

There is no reason to advise me here buddy...  I'm only giving an opinion for the sake of discussion.  I'm not being ugly or pointing any fingers at anyone in particular, but I'm talking about concerns of mine.   If my little observation is enough to throw TGCtours off track then there is a much bigger problems than otherwise expeted...   Again,  it's only my opinion, and I'm sure most people don't agree and that is fine...    I have absolutely nothing against anyone personally and I can say that with 100% conviction.

I think of it more in these terms... People were complaining about players chipping on the green to the point where they were never putting. The criticism got loud enough that they looked into it and took a stance. They sent an e-mail explaining the stance clearly, and opened up a venue for people to discuss the move.

Now that they have, others have taken a loud position against their move, and in your case, gone to a different forum to not only disagree with the move, but question their credibility to a degree. If I'm a Tour creator, what's the point of ever trying to make improvements if no answer is right? They volunteered for this, sure, but at a certain point it's too much to be worth the effort.

Again, criticism and comments should be encouraged. The venue and approach should be considered by all, though, else we lose this great operation for good.

First off I appreciate you intelligent and thoughtful response.  I have to answer to the part where you talked about going to a different forum to talk about the move...  I look at it like this-  HB studios is a place where people talk about all things the golf club,  including Teamspeak, Competition like Perfect Golf/Perfect Parallel ETC..     Correct me if I'm wrong but the community that makes up The Golf Club forum log on to discuss many different facets of the game including outside integrations.      Maybe I'm old school, but unless I have a question that I need directly answered by TGCtours I have no real need to go over there and discuss.   Quite honestly I'm not a huge fan of the forum and don't use it, but per lorin's request I did indeed copy and paste my message over there even though I'm sure it will go over like a lead balloon.

I didn't know people were complaining about chipping on the green.. Like I said I never go to the TGCtours forum...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 03:10:40 PM by johneric8 »
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

Pubknight

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2015, 03:14:59 PM »
Didn't the TC run afoul of TGC Tours straight shooter policy at one time? (http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=8132.0)

Doesn't that perhaps put TC's motivation for this thread into a bit of a different light?

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2015, 03:26:35 PM »
Didn't the TC run afoul of TGC Tours straight shooter policy at one time? (http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=8132.0)

Doesn't that perhaps put TC's motivation for this thread into a bit of a different light?

Not at all, because TGC tours did the a very nice thing and listened to me state my case and they were kind enough to allow me to shoot the entire tourny over again.   I was upset at first because I didn't know what I did wrong but once it was figured out everything worked out great...  I went back and replayed everything and passed inspection :)         
There were no issues at all in regards to that situation after things were cleared up.     
Of course, you're free to think whatever you like or have suspicions, it's all good...   

At the end of the day there are tons of people who agree with me on this, but most likely won't speak up which is fine.. I don't mind being the one who brings up concerns that others won't..
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 03:28:43 PM by johneric8 »
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

SmilingGoats

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2015, 09:14:29 PM »
Johneric,
As I responded in our thread in our forums, I am more than happy to address any concerns you have.  But you are publicly making vague and unfounded accusations and I feel it is inappropriate to do so.  If you have specifics you wish to discuss, I will be more than happy to address them with you in an appropriate venue.

So far, the only thing I've seen you declare is that you feel the TGC tours founders are among the best players on our tours and you don't feel that is right.  While I will grant you that Doyley is a top player, the other three of us are simply not.  So it seems to me this is about Doyley.

Therefore, again, if you have a specific issue, please do the appropriate thing and address it to me...or Tim.  We'll be happy to discuss.

HB_LorinB

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2015, 10:39:17 PM »
Asked and answered.  I went back and forth while watching this thread, but I do think this particular concern is best addressed with the people who run TGC Tours directly (either via email, PM, or in their forums). Thanks.

space-cash