Ball not coming off the club correctly **BUG**

• 42 Replies

Zmax

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2015, 06:46:51 PM »
Don't this has anything to do with controllers or the swing.   This happens on TGC Simulator version also where we use data from a launch monitor.  Doesn't happen all time.  See this post:

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=8820.msg96600#msg96600

Steve2golf

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2015, 09:03:59 PM »
Only reason I can determine is it's in there on purpose, they are silent because they are extremely close to infringing on a patent, a patent that will be strenuously protected.

http://www.google.com/patents/US7806777
Course(s) Created TGC 2019:
PGA West (Stadium Course)

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2015, 11:24:52 PM »
They refuse to answer, which irks me greatly.  It is simply to say it is a bug or it is intended as working. Point is they haven't said either and that to me is bad customer relations.

anserman

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2015, 11:30:58 PM »
They refuse to answer, which irks me greatly.  It is simply to say it is a bug or it is intended as working. Point is they haven't said either and that to me is bad customer relations.

Go ask KFC their special recipe :)

They are incredibly forthcoming but certainly have the right to not answer every question from the community.  I can tell you if it Is by design that's brilliant because randomness happens in real golf.  Flyers, wind gusts, weird bounces, etc.

Steve2golf

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2015, 01:18:26 AM »

They are incredibly forthcoming but certainly have the right to not answer every question from the community.  I can tell you if it Is by design that's brilliant because randomness happens in real golf.  Flyers, wind gusts, weird bounces, etc.
Let me be perfectly clear, I'm all for what you say, however if they use it like WGT and are selective in who gets it and who does not, I'm so gone from this game.

Sheppy

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2015, 03:13:53 AM »

[/quote]

The trouble is, its not that random. I now expect it to happen on every approach shot, which it invariably does.

Steve2golf

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2015, 10:06:42 AM »
It would be nice to see ball squirt tied to lie and axis hit whether it be back or forward swing, not just random massive ball squirt in any direction or no squirt at all with no rhyme or reason.

If the ball were above my feet and I hit a straightish axis hit and I'm a right handed player, the ball in RL will likely squirt left, here the ball can squirt in any direction and it's totally random. Even a level lie here and a straightish axis hit can result in many many yards of deviation. In RL I would seldom hit a good shot from a flat lie straight into a right or left pond. In RL I would seldom hit a good drive from a flat tee lie straight into a right or left pond or bunker.

The main reason I ask for clarification, is I see posted all over the place that we should make the game harder to hit the fairway, harder to hit close to the hole, harder to hit the green. I have talked to many players and many will tell you due to ball squirt it already is extremely hard and many will say it is easy. Some players have never seen the ball squirt, some have never seen it not squirt, some are seeing it randomly.

I admit, I have a tin foil hat firmly affixed to my skull, but I am coming from another golf site that I spent many many years on. That was also many years of account swapping with other top level players watching first hand how all accounts were in fact not created equal. The absolute top player account had wind that was so easy to judge it was not even at all close to funny. Playing another account I had 4 hole outs from the fairway, more hole outs in 1 round then I had in the previous 2 years on my account. Another account was so easy to make a putt the hole may as well been a bucket. Its not that hard to test this stuff, people talk, people come up with interesting and innovative ways to confirm their theories. That account has been dormant now for a year now after 6 years of daily play.

However I can tell you, nothing ticks players off more, then finding out for certain that no matter how hard they practice they will never be allowed to reach above a certain level and will always be kept below another level. First question most ask after finding that out, is who exactly makes that determination, second question is why? Third question is where to now, fourth question is how many review sites can I hit to warn potential buyers.

So I ask for forgiveness and patience for harping on about this, however I thought I stumbled upon the site I would spend the rest of my days daily toiling away. I thought and presently still think/wish I stumbled upon something unique and different still. However when I'm presently seeing that some players have never seen the ball squirt, some have never seen it not squirt and some are seeing it randomly squirt, it brings a certain level of fear.

I do not see this as unreasonable for the developers to come in a state exactly what is going on given the wide discrepancy of player experiences.

Again, though, and I have said this since early access, It would be nice to see ball squirt tied to lie and axis hit. It is so clearly not in the slightest tied to those now at all.

anserman

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2015, 10:17:03 AM »
It would be nice to see ball squirt tied to lie and axis hit whether it be back or forward swing, not just random massive ball squirt in any direction or no squirt at all with no rhyme or reason.

If the ball were above my feet and I hit a straightish axis hit and I'm a right handed player, the ball in RL will likely squirt left, here the ball can squirt in any direction and it's totally random. Even a level lie here and a straightish axis hit can result in many many yards of deviation. In RL I would seldom hit a good shot from a flat lie straight into a right or left pond. In RL I would seldom hit a good drive from a flat tee lie straight into a right or left pond or bunker.

The main reason I ask for clarification, is I see posted all over the place that we should make the game harder to hit the fairway, harder to hit close to the hole, harder to hit the green. I have talked to many players and many will tell you due to ball squirt it already is extremely hard and many will say it is easy. Some players have never seen the ball squirt, some have never seen it not squirt, some are seeing it randomly.

I admit, I have a tin foil hat firmly affixed to my skull, but I am coming from another golf site that I spent many many years on. That was also many years of account swapping with other top level players watching first hand how all accounts were in fact not created equal. The absolute top player account had wind that was so easy to judge it was not even at all close to funny. Playing another account I had 4 hole outs from the fairway, more hole outs in 1 round then I had in the previous 2 years on my account. Another account was so easy to make a putt the hole may as well been a bucket. Its not that hard to test this stuff, people talk, people come up with interesting and innovative ways to confirm their theories. That account has been dormant now for a year now after 6 years of daily play.

However I can tell you, nothing ticks players off more, then finding out for certain that no matter how hard they practice they will never be allowed to reach above a certain level and will always be kept below another level. First question most ask after finding that out, is who exactly makes that determination, second question is why? Third question is where to now, fourth question is how many review sites can I hit to warn potential buyers.

So I ask for forgiveness and patience for harping on about this, however I thought I stumbled upon the site I would spend the rest of my days daily toiling away. I thought and presently still think/wish I stumbled upon something unique and different still. However when I'm presently seeing that some players have never seen the ball squirt, some have never seen it not squirt and some are seeing it randomly squirt, it brings a certain level of fear.

I do not see this as unreasonable for the developers to come in a state exactly what is going on given the wide discrepancy of player experiences.

Again, though, and I have said this since early access, It would be nice to see ball squirt tied to lie and axis hit. It is so clearly not in the slightest tied to those now at all.

So you think results vary based on who the player is?

You are talking about a web only farce of a golf game I almost hesitate to even call it that honestly.  WGT is a joke and 100% web based.

This game is is running off your hard drive the servers are only used to store courses and stats/results.  I don't see a single possibility they would be altering results based on who's playing and not sure what they would gain, at all, for even considering it. 

Steve2golf

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2015, 10:27:25 AM »
ADX, I again agree with you, many many years the players at the other site stated the exact same thing you just said and continue to this day to say that exact same thing, I still view their forums, what is there to gain? I cannot tell you what there is to gain there, or here to be honest. I don't get the reasons why anyone would do that, and it makes little sense to me, but the fact is it happens there, why is anyone's guess.

I would like to clarify, it's not that I think that, I presently only fear that as a possibility, cause believe me when I THINK THAT, I WILL PROVE THAT.

It would be easy to say, yes, there is a certain level of randomness here, yes it happens to everybody across all platforms and controllers, if some don't see it happening to them, it's not because it's not happening.

I get keeping it secret for only 2 possible reasons though, 1. your dangerously close to infringing on a tightly guarded patent, 2. Its not in fact happening to everyone.

Its the secret part that causes me the most concern, but if I had to hazard a guess, I'm going with 1 above. I will speak to experience, if I were HBS I would not continue down that road, let them die first before you steal their patent.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 10:50:59 AM by Steve2golf »

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2015, 07:51:52 AM »
I think there are plenty of random deviate shots in this game and as far as hb are concerned the goose is already cooked and it's too late to remedy, when john commentates about the lie you can probably guarantee it will come into effect, if not then it cannot be trusted at all, its just hit and hope that this is not one of those times it happens.  It's not a game breaker but it's not very good either, i noticed it happening a lot on one particular hole on one of my own courses, so i went into edit and flattened the tee about 10 times, played it again and it still happened at the same ratio as before.

tastegw

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2015, 08:54:28 PM »
Any update on this? Starting to notice it way too much.  Much more than ever.

Zmax

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2015, 12:07:01 PM »
I've messaged both Lorin and Adam last week asking for an update and have yet to get a response.  As I've posted before, this is happening on the simulator version also.

I fear this has become another reason for players to leave this game.  Could explain why a lot of new courses are getting less play. 

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2015, 04:54:24 PM »
   Agree completely. Noticing this and much more less than 100% swing power on the ps4. They both seem to be getting worse daily. It's almost like playing a different game lately. People in the chat groups we play in (ps4) all notice the same thing and are playing a lot less (if at all) lately. Hope they get to the bottom of these problems sooner than later.
   Notice the game is constantly contacting the server lately during a round (little signal lower right screen). This was never the norm.
"We don't see that on our end"

space-cash