So, you think this game is too easy

• 8 Replies

J3Y 7E9

« on: January 25, 2015, 08:48:19 AM »
Try the above mentioned tournament, then...no time limit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PSN: J3Y7E9
No training wheels Society

FRSTDWN

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 12:52:16 PM »
I played this. I think I was 2 over. Had fun but I have no idea how you guys read those greens. With no above feet below feet I feel like Helen Keller out there.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

ajl5313

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 01:03:15 PM »
Try the above mentioned tournament, then...no time limit.

To be fair, the "too easy" comments are usually about certain aspects of the game that many people feel should be harder in terms of actual execution of a given shot. 
Some mentioned examples would be flop shots (lawn dart golf) and Drives.

J3Y 7E9

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 01:06:19 PM »
A bit more difficult than it was in Taw but by moving the yellow marker sideways from different areas between the ball and the hole, you can get a pretty good idea. Not really doable on a 45' putt, though. No one said it is easy but I do prefer it to shooting minus double digits arcade golf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PSN: J3Y7E9
No training wheels Society

FRSTDWN

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 01:58:00 PM »
I am sim guy from tiger so I have played with out a grid for a long time even before they had the sim mode. So yea I am not a fan or arcade golf at all. But man it is really hard to read the greens for me anyways. Also it slows down the play for me having to look all over the greens. I only have so much time to play with 2 sons. For me with everything turned off minus the grid and the short game cam I find the game very fun. I do like the look of the no grids though I just wish I could read the damn things quicker and easier. Not saying I wont play it but I feel a little silly putting like a blind person lol.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

ProjectM4yhem23

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 02:36:30 PM »
Hey First, we used to play TW hth when you lurked at Crooked Stick in the sim lobby waiting for victims....Im still waiting for your version to be published with the GNCD.....

The fastest and best way to read the greens in no grid in this game is to use the scout cam and go right to the opposite side of the hole from your ball and pull back a little and get low....the putting cam lets you do this but it puts you to close to the hole....I find I can play this way almost exclusively w/o needing to sweep with the aiming marker.  Obviously the slight breaks you can't see but thats no grid....

FRSTDWN

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 02:48:48 PM »
Hey First, we used to play TW hth when you lurked at Crooked Stick in the sim lobby waiting for victims....Im still waiting for your version to be published with the GNCD.....

The fastest and best way to read the greens in no grid in this game is to use the scout cam and go right to the opposite side of the hole from your ball and pull back a little and get low....the putting cam lets you do this but it puts you to close to the hole....I find I can play this way almost exclusively w/o needing to sweep with the aiming marker.  Obviously the slight breaks you can't see but thats no grid....

Haha yea man I live about a hour from CS and have got to play it so I did play it a lot. ALso I knew what the weather was lol. That was so cool being able to play with the live weather and time of day....

See I don't use the scout cam though. So I guess I would have to give that up to read the greens. I will  play around with it some more when I get time.

Add me to your FL or Ill add you.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

ProjectM4yhem23

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 03:03:45 PM »
So where is your version.....no one knows that place like you!  FR on the way tonight when I get home from work.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 03:47:39 PM »
So where is your version.....no one knows that place like you!  FR on the way tonight when I get home from work.

**** man I tried the course creator and I have no patients for it. I admire people that do it though. Some amazing courses. I would love to do my home course but I get on and I say play or make a course. I say play.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP