Gps

• 58 Replies

HB_LorinB

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2015, 04:29:32 PM »
So would the Overhead cam view with a moving cursor that real-time reported yardage from your ball to the cursor do the trick?

mebby

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2015, 04:35:41 PM »
So would the Overhead cam view with a moving cursor that real-time reported yardage from your ball to the cursor do the trick?

And from your marker to the center of the green.  But would it possible to force the scout cam to be disabled when enabling this option?  Otherwise we will have people completely ripping these courses apart.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

anserman

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2015, 04:48:33 PM »

And from your marker to the center of the green.  But would it possible to force the scout cam to be disabled when enabling this option?  Otherwise we will have people completely ripping these courses apart.

The good players already have notes related to each hole I am not sure it will matter too much in that regard

Lorin what I would like to see is let's tee off with a 500 yard hole

I hit my drive 280 yards so I've got 220 left to the flag.  What i want to know right then is how far to carry every hazard and how far to lay up to not only every hazard but to specified distances...

Have you played golf using a gps?  If not you should to see what they do and how it's dynamic data.

Check this screen out

I can move that pointer that's at 102 left to say 115 and the distance needed to get there instead changes on the fly.  There isn't a single serious golfer that I know of that doesn't have a laser or gps

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 04:53:55 PM by ADX »

HB_LorinB

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2015, 05:07:18 PM »
No I get that...but I am thinking easiest way to implement it in the game.  So, you know how when you move the cursor around ion the GNCD it shows you the yardage to the tee and the flag?  Well, what if in the Overhead Cam your ball was the fixed point and then you could move the cursor around and see the yardage from your ball to the cursor?

Then you could check whatever yardage you want...like to the bunker on the left, or the water, or the center of the green, or the flag...just by moving the cursor there?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:22:35 PM by HB_LorinB »

anserman

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2015, 05:21:43 PM »
That sounds beautiful

HB_LorinB

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2015, 05:23:04 PM »
I will add this to the list and talk about it with the big man this week.  Not making any promises :)

anserman

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2015, 05:24:54 PM »
I will add this to the list and talk about it with the big man this week.  Not making any promises :)

Ok I'm posting everywhere gps is in the next update!  :)

Thanks for listening to the request.

HB_LorinB

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2015, 05:36:58 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

SKREC

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2015, 06:03:03 PM »
No I get that...but I am thinking easiest way to implement it in the game.  So, you know how when you move the cursor around ion the GNCD it shows you the yardage to the tee and the flag?  Well, what if in the Overhead Cam your ball was the fixed point and then you could move the cursor around and see the yardage from your ball to the cursor?

Then you could check whatever yardage you want...like to the bunker on the left, or the water, or the center of the green, or the flag...just by moving the cursor there?

perfect but you also need the yardage from the cursor to the pin as well.. :) and please don't forget to mention that no matter how many time you go back into said view it should never indicate where your shot is currently aimed and also disabling the scout cam when this option is enabled or it is kind of pointless lol. :)

I should also add that elevation data shouldn't be shown in the GPS view either as having that information on the device is illegal under the rules of golf (usga/r&a/rcga)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:14:10 PM by SKREC »

mebby

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2015, 06:23:57 PM »

perfect but you also need the yardage from the cursor to the pin as well.. :) and please don't forget to mention that no matter how many time you go back into said view it should never indicate where your shot is currently aimed and also disabling the scout cam when this option is enabled or it is kind of pointless lol. :)

Agree with all this - especially the last point.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

HB_LorinB

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2015, 05:23:58 AM »

Why would you need distance from ball to pin written out discreetly if you could just put the cursor on the pin, SKREC?

I should also add that elevation data shouldn't be shown in the GPS view either as having that information on the device is illegal under the rules of golf (usga/r&a/rcga)

Coda1850

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2015, 04:04:58 PM »
Can the overhead view of the green be available WITH the actual pin placement?
Golf Golf Golf
Hole in 1 count: 3

SKREC

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2015, 05:49:51 PM »

Why would you need distance from ball to pin written out discreetly if you could just put the cursor on the pin, SKREC?

I think you misread my comment, you need the yardage from the ball to the marker and also from the MARKER to the pin (exactly like in the designer without the elevation)

also I hadn't noticed that the pin location wasn't on the overhead view so that would be needed as well.

HB_LorinB

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2015, 08:11:23 AM »
Oh, yes...I did misread it :)

I get what you mean now.

Bubba22

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2015, 11:59:29 AM »
Thank you so much for listening LorinB. From all the simulator users, we agree with the need for an interactive gps minimap exactly as requested above. We really look forward to this. Thanks again.

space-cash