Bad Lag with mouse swing

• 8 Replies

GolferMike

« on: February 01, 2015, 01:38:02 PM »
Will the bad lag with mouse swing be fixed mostly in putting. I know HB made this for controllers but you do have mouse swing in game needs some work. Game runs good getting 60 to 80 fps but the bad putting lag kills ya. And if you dont left click mouse before next putt it putts as soon as you move mouse not good need to left click before every putt. When you do putt you left click to get ready to putt the putter is all ready a few inches behind ball why very hard to putt with the right speed. Thanks >:(

crow357

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 02:11:15 PM »
I get half the FPS you have and my mouse swing is smooth as glass.  Do you have a different mouse you can test with?

GolferMike

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 04:47:47 PM »
Thanks for reply I have used two first my logitech gaming and I have now a new razer deathhadder chroma one of the best gaming out.

Cheagles

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 10:27:14 AM »
Hey GolferMike, have you tried lowering your mouses DPI setting?  Sounds like it may be a little too sensitive.

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 09:54:57 AM »
Hi Golfer,
I guess what you are trying to explain is the famous and long-time reported rubberband effect when playing with the mouse.
In all the swings from driving to putting the toon/club only moves way delayed towards the mouse movement. The problem is that there is no direct connection between what's going on on the screen to what you are doing with the mouse. And this imho makes playing with the mouse way harder then with the consoles. Therefore mousers can't be competitive in any sense.
Imagine a real golfer going into full backswing and his club still standing behind the ball in adress position ......
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

sham63

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 12:21:08 AM »
Hi Golfer,
I guess what you are trying to explain is the famous and long-time reported rubberband effect when playing with the mouse.
In all the swings from driving to putting the toon/club only moves way delayed towards the mouse movement. The problem is that there is no direct connection between what's going on on the screen to what you are doing with the mouse. And this imho makes playing with the mouse way harder then with the consoles. Therefore mousers can't be competitive in any sense.
Imagine a real golfer going into full backswing and his club still standing behind the ball in adress position ......

Well, that answers the question I was going to ask about why the club doesn't move when you start your swing. It makes it impossible to do partial swings. The video tutorial mad it look easy. I tried the controller, but I do not like it so far. Why even put in a mouse swing if it is broken like that? I will try the 360 controller some more, but I have a feeling this is going to be uninstalled.

Cheagles

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 09:21:55 AM »
The mouse swing definitely takes some time to get the hang of it, but I've shot some pretty low rounds using the mouse and keyboard control method.  Try adjusting your DPI and find a sensitivity that works well for you.

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 09:47:02 AM »
Adjusting DPI on the mouse definitely does not adjust any of the bad relations. Nor does it remove any deadzone, nor does it remove any toondelay or change a relation between powercontrol and misses. Finding some settings you can come to something playable but there is no setting that allows control of anything.
Resulting shot power in relation to mousespeed (correct, slow, fast)  only results in 3 versions: 95-100%, aroung 50-70% or way missed shots. And for putting even worse. Puts are in or at the hole, dies at the putters head or rocket off into another galaxy going left or right, but nothing in between.
Mouse swing and keyboard handling definitely need tweeking.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

Topflight

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 04:08:03 PM »
For me the mouse swing seems to be working really well. I use a Logitech g700 and have not adjusted any settings on it. My major problems are my own bad snaps and the only thing to take care of them is more practice

space-cash