Introducing the CGT - Casuals Golf Tour

• 108 Replies

Chelsea Saint

« on: February 03, 2015, 12:12:32 PM »
Introducing the CGT - Casuals Golf Tour

Formerly known as the DSpy Tour, CGT's mantra is to provide a laid back, leisurely and non time constrictive series of Golfing events for participants. CGT also aims to provide a friendly and competitive platform for both the 'casual' (average to good standard) player and the ever increasing band of new TGC novice members. CGT events will feature some of the more visually appealing 'less taxing' courses, and require a minimal time resource commitment from competitors. All formative events will feature a short 36 hole format with a plentiful 5 day completion window. Tourneys commence Tuesday at 5pm UKT and conclude with a traditional Sunday finish. All tounaments will benefit from mid and post tournament sports reports, which hopefully will add a little dramatic zest to affairs.

So that's the boring brief sorted, now to the leisurely Golfing fun and games! Commencing later today our second event gets underway with the CGT Desert Invitational at the beautiful, imposing and dramatic Bleached Bone Oasis. Our debut tournament featured a pleasing field of 20 competitors, hopefully we can build on that.

If a respectable level of interest for CGT is forthcoming, we'll look to expand our portfolio of events. Genuinely interested parties please feel free to add me or post your interest and psn id here. Thanks and good luck all.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 09:42:45 PM by Chelsea Saint »

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 01:15:52 PM »
CGT Desert Invitational now live. 36 hole, 5 day window concluding Sunday. Venue is the impressive, dramatic New Bleached Bone Oasis GC. Just search for CGT in Tournaments. Reports to follow. Good luck.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 01:06:47 PM »
CGT Desert Invitational - Day 1 Report

We've had a vibrant start over at a blustery Bleached Bones Oasis with Bighitter proving he's worthy of his name, thumping an impressive -18 to stamp some authority on that early leaderboard. Gazspurs posted a highly creditable -15 to establish himself in second spot, with Stepinho posting a more than useful -11 to bag 3rd. Bigdon and Pubknight are currently tied 4th on -8, with Rjroscoe debuting well on the Casuals Tour with a -2. Crazylegs and cbell are tied 7th after spirited +6 efforts.

Just day one here, so plenty more drama and action to come from the CGT Desert Invitational.

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 06:18:00 PM »
   Turned a few people on to this tour from my friends list (hope you don't mind) and they are loving it. They really enjoyed the course and having another tournament to play. Thank you again Chelsea.
"We don't see that on our end"

jomaykas

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 08:15:58 AM »
Sounds right up my street. Do l just search, find and play?
Many thanks

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 10:34:39 AM »
Sounds right up my street. Do l just search, find and play?
Many thanks

Welcome aboard mate. Yep, just go to tournaments, hit triangle, type in CGT and away you go. New Bleached Bone Oasis GC is a little trickier than our usual 'easier' course selection, particlarly if windy. But it's a lovely, dramatic looking number, kudos to designer Reebdoog. Good luck out there.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 10:35:46 AM »
   Turned a few people on to this tour from my friends list (hope you don't mind) and they are loving it. They really enjoyed the course and having another tournament to play. Thank you again Chelsea.

Cheers bud, nice to get some positive feedback. As I say we'll look to expand the tour calendar a little if we get decent numbers playing the weekly event. But I wouldn't want it to become bloated or too time consuming, thus defeating the object of the 'Casuals' Golf Tour. :)

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 09:33:34 AM »
CGT Desert Invitational - Day 3

The drama at the CGT Desert Invitational continues unabated with an exciting battle for supremacy at the top of the leaderboard. Bighitter maintains prime spot at the mid-point, but only just! With Anquila now in close attendance after an impressive -17. Gazspurs holds onto 3rd, ISKN is 4th after a fine knock of -14 and Stephinho is still top 5 on -11. There's also notable sub par debuts for Jamesy, Beamer and Jomaykas. Indeed all the top 12 are under par in a compelling, high quality 36 holes of Golfing action. A special mention goes to the very epitome of casuals Ellie and Foxy, who bravely fought to the end despite having a tough day out there. Keep at it guys, we've all been there. :)

Excellent turnout too with 18 entrants to date and still a climactic weekend to come, thanks to all for taking part. Our concluding Day 5 report will be posted Sunday or Monday. Best of luck.

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 11:09:00 AM »
CGT Desert Invitational - Day 3

The drama at the CGT Desert Invitational continues unabated with an exciting battle for supremacy at the top of the leaderboard. Bighitter maintains prime spot at the mid-point, but only just! With Anquila now in close attendance after an impressive -17. Gazspurs holds onto 3rd, ISKN is 4th after a fine knock of -14 and Stephinho is still top 5 on -11. There's also notable sub par debuts for Jamesy, Beamer and Jomaykas. Indeed all the top 12 are under par in a compelling, high quality 36 holes of Golfing action. A special mention goes to the very epitome of casuals Ellie and Foxy, who bravely fought to the end despite having a tough day out there. Keep at it guys, we've all been there. :)

Excellent turnout too with 18 entrants to date and still a climactic weekend to come, thanks to all for taking part. Our concluding Day 5 report will be posted Sunday or Monday. Best of luck.

I'll be finishing up my final 18 as well.  I squeezed in the first 18...and hope to make a run up the leaderboards!

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 12:00:27 PM »
I'll be finishing up my final 18 as well.  I squeezed in the first 18...and hope to make a run up the leaderboards!

HEEERRRE'S JOHNNY!!  :D Good luck mate.

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 05:29:41 PM »
   I can hear Ed McMahn laughing and see Johnny in some silly outfit. I miss those guys.....loved that show.

uberammerz

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 05:52:47 PM »
Did this to-day, think I finished -7 or -8, found far too much sand! enjoyed it tho'

Thanks for putting it out there mate! even tho' you're a Chelsea fan!

burton31cat

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2015, 10:12:42 AM »
Cool. Will give this a go later.

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 06:06:18 PM »
Thanks again Chelsea, finished my rounds today.....very enjoyable. You picked a fun course that I didn't favor.....until now.   Thank you. Looking forward to next weeks.

Xtremefury

• Founder and President of "Fringe Finders"
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 11:40:12 PM »
Thanks Chelsea, played last weeks Tournament and it was very enjoyable. I'll get on Sunday and give this 1 a shot. Keep up the great work and good luck running CGT!!!!!!!
Glenn Frey GoldenEagle Memorial
Furys Lost 14th Colony

space-cash