Introducing the CGT - Casuals Golf Tour

• 108 Replies

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2015, 09:01:40 AM »
Thank you for the supportive words guys, glad you're enjoying the CGT events. Delighted with the numbers we've had for the Desert Invitational, 30 plus last I checked. Final day today and I'll be hoping to improve my somewhat patchy recent form. I'll post the concluding, no doubt dramatic Desert Invitational final day report hopefully later today. While also revealing the very attractive countrified venue for next weeks CGT event, which as ever commences Tuesday at 5pm UKT. Cheers again for supporting The Casuals Golf Tour. :)

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2015, 12:06:39 PM »
Golf. Don't you just love it!

Just hit a 68 -4 on my first 18 at a blustery Bleached Oasis. And it could have been considerably better, until a truly horrifying triple bogey on the 12th! In which I confidently chipped uphill onto the green, only to witness the ball momentarily and teasingly pause it's progress.... Then slowly, oh so painfully slowly, proceed to roll all the way back toward me.... "Please stop!" Then behind me...."PLEASE STOP!" They weren't my exact words btw!! And yeah, continued it's inevitable, meandering, agonising journey into a 'welcoming' bunker!! I could of swore the ball grinned at me as it arrogantly ambled by! Ah well, that's Golf!

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 07:52:45 AM »
CGT Desert Invitational - Tournament Roundup

Well after a week of competitive, entertaining and challenging Golfing action at a testing, windswept Bleached Bone Oasis, our worthy winner emerges. A highly proficient -20 performance over the weekend from DLW earned him the CGT Desert Invitational title. Congratulations mate, fine effort!

Our early tourney pacesetter Bighitter had to settle for a tied second spot with the highly consistent TownNoob, both recording creditable -18 scores. Anquila takes 4th with a tidy 17 under and Nuter performed well again in the CGT, achieving 5th on -16. And here's the rest of the CGT Desert Invitational top 10.

6th - Gazspurs (-15)
7th - ISKN (-14)
Tied 8th - Stephinho (-11)
Tied 8th - Slickhenry (-11)
10th - Burton31 (-10)

Everyone's a Winner

Well played guys. But the CGT isn't just about the winners. So very special thanks go to all the casual players who contributed to the event's success. However you played, whatever you shot, thanks for playing your part!

Next on CGT

This week the Tour returns to a charming, rural and hopefully less blustery venue with The CGT Bavaro Classic! This highly rated 'easy' course boasts abundant appeal, decent challenge and is set amidst sumptious woodland surroundings. It's a beautifully crafted course by respected designer Wendy. Hope to see you guys from Tuesday, at The Bavaro CC!

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 05:11:29 PM »
   Thank you again Chelsea for this wonderful Tour.....having a blast. Well done !!
"We don't see that on our end"

Ramjet36

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 07:13:10 PM »
I'm having a hard time finding this tournament.  My search for CGT comes up empty. 
Courses created:   PS4  ID:  RAMJET-36
Peppers Point
Lamp Lighter Harbor

Coda1850

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 07:55:00 PM »
I'm having a hard time finding this tournament.  My search for CGT comes up empty.

Just got a PS4 & this game.  How exactly do I play this tournament?
Golf Golf Golf
Hole in 1 count: 3

clubcaptain

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2015, 09:06:24 PM »

Same here.
Intel core I73770k 3.5 GHZ
16 Gb Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600MHZ/PC12800
Asus mobo PB8277-V Lx
Nvidea GeForce GTX670 2GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windoes 7 home premium 64 bit

Courses :
Aphrodite Golf and Sailing Resort
Taiga Forest-Kaunis Course
Adelaide Hills West Golf Course
Strathmally GC

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2015, 09:22:00 PM »

Just got a PS4 & this game.  How exactly do I play this tournament?

Hi chaps. Tournaments are weekly commencing Tuesday at 5pm UKT and concluding Sunday 5pm UKT. 36 holes, 5 day completion window. Next tourney is the CGT Bavaro Classic commencing Tuesday at 5pm UKT. Hope this clarifies. Cheers.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 01:17:23 PM »
The CGT Bavaro Classic

Ok chaps. It's Tuesday, it's around 5pm UKT, so it's prime time for another exciting week of CGT Golfing action! This week the Tour heads to the boreal, countrified delights of The Bavaro CC for what promises to be another drama fuelled five days of keen competition. Our usual Tourney sports reports will again feature throughout the week, as will our easy play, leisurely format. With just 36 holes to complete and a plentiful five day (Tues - Sun 5pm UKT) completion window. To find the 'CGT Bavaro Classic' simply go to Tournaments, hit triangle and search for CGT.

CGT - Novice Friendly

As ever the CGT is very keen to cordially invite all novice and casual players, plus newcomers to The Golf Club game. And whether you hit sub 5 or a plus 30, your participation is very much welcomed! Any questions or queries please ask.

Best of luck all, hope you enjoy The CGT Bavaro Classic! :)

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2015, 09:49:30 AM »
CGT Bavaro Classic - Day Two

Two days in and there's been a lovely diversity of scoring at the Bavaro Classic, with scores ranging from -22 to +48. Great to see entrants of all skill levels playing the Casuals Tour.

And so to the action out there. After a top ten finish at the Desert Invitational Burton31 continues his fine form to lead on -22. Another Desert veteran RJRoscoe currently ties second with mpw on sub 18, with CGT debutants Inklepinkle and gta935 4th and 5th respectively.

A Challenge for All

Another fine turnout too with 30 plus players contributing to the event to date. Tremendous numbers, and great to see so many new faces playing the Casuals Tour. And with such a deep and varied pool of opposition, participants can always set leaderboard targets to challenge. A tournament within a tournament if you like.

Thanks again to everyone taking part, and we'll be back Saturday with our CGT Bavaro Classic Day 4 report. :)

Colinmafia

• Maker of Enjoyable Easy to play RCR look-a-likies
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2015, 07:16:30 PM »
Hey Chelsea Saint Try my Chelsea Manor Kings road course a must for Blues Fans aerial views are fun on each hole

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2015, 12:04:50 PM »
Hey Chelsea Saint Try my Chelsea Manor Kings road course a must for Blues Fans aerial views are fun on each hole

I'll take a peek when I get a minute Col.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2015, 12:58:55 PM »
CGT Bavaro Classic - Day Four

As we head into the final 24 hours of the Bavaro Classic all our top five maintain their lofty positions, with Burton31's impressive -22 still thwarting all challengers. Crippler76, Weasek and fade2black all tie for 6th at -14 with ISKN and Pharcy completing our top ten lineup on sub 9. A dramatic late charge last week saw DLW claim the CGT Desert Invitational, can anyone muster a similar surge on our top ten this time around?

Ahoy Casuals

Many thanks again to all newcomers and casual players who have participated in this weeks event. It's great to see such a diversity of scoring which greatly aids the tournament. This by generating competition throughout the leaderboard and creating positional objectives for all to strive for.

Final day report tomorrow, when we'll also announce the venue for next weeks CGT event. Which is another lovingly crafted boreal course boasting a climactic stadium 18th. Catch you Sunday.

jack d and coke

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2015, 03:48:16 PM »
Hmm quite interesting little tour you've got going on here. Not sure I'm quite in the class needed to winbut I'll keep an eye on this thread and maybe have a pop at one of your tournaments soon if that's cool?

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2015, 06:39:28 PM »
Not sure I'm quite in the class needed to winbut I'll keep an eye on this thread and maybe have a pop at one of your tournaments soon if that's cool?

You're very welcome Jack. It's a well used cliche, but this tour is genuinely not about the winning, but the taking part. Sure it's nice to win and congrats to the guys that do. But the CGT is about enjoying some competitive Golf whatever your standard. Newcomers, novices and casual players are particularly welcomed, who alongside some of the more established players contribute to a hugely diverse competition. Consequently there's always opposition of your standard to compete with on the leaderboard.

space-cash