Introducing the CGT - Casuals Golf Tour

• 108 Replies

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2015, 01:32:57 PM »
CGT Bavaro Classic - Tournament Roundup

The late surge we hinted at did indeed materialise, but was it enough to prise the title from our long time leader Burton31's grasp? Not quite! But boy was it close as we had another dramatic conclusion to this weeks CGT event. Perennial top tenners TownNoob and DLW provided part of that late stern challenge when both came within a shot of Burton's -22 to share runners up. While a third thrust for glory came from Anquila who yet again entered the title fray with a polished -20 to conclude his week in fourth.

So it's congratulations to Burton31 who set a storming early pace and maintained his top spot throughout the week to claim the CGT Bavaro Classic title. Rjroscoe and Mpw tied fifth, Inklepinkle and Nuter shared seventh, Gta claimed 9th, with Weasek and Crippler76 completing our top ten. Well played chaps.

Fantastic turnout again with nearly 60 entrants, 45 of whom completed the event. And as ever many thanks to all our newcomers and casuals, your contribution adding immeasurably to the events success!

Next on CGT

The Casuals Tour heads off to the charming Blackhawk Forest from Tuesday, as this easy paced, boreal delight plays host to the CGT Blackhawk Shield. As ever we have a Tuesday 5pm UKT start time, 36 holes and a plentiful 5 day completion window. Hope to see you all out there again next week on the Casuals Golf Tour! :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 08:38:48 AM by Chelsea Saint »

dlw1964

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2015, 02:29:48 PM »
I actually got my rounds in.
Shot 21 under almost made a last second win. :(

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2015, 08:46:56 AM »

Ooops! I've updated the Tournament Roundup accordingly mate. Strange because I checked the leaderboard after the tourney had expired and your score wasn't up. I'll wait a little longer next week.

dlw1964

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2015, 08:51:39 AM »

Ooops! I've updated the Tournament Roundup accordingly mate. Strange because I checked the leaderboard after the tourney had expired and your score wasn't up. I'll wait a little longer next week.
Sometimes it can take a couple of hours before scores update.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2015, 12:11:45 PM »
Welcome to Blackhawk Forest CC

If you haven't played it yet you're in for a treat this week as we head to Blackhawk Forest CC for the CGT Blackhawk Shield. Warmly received by all, this Ramjet creation features attractive rockery and water features, elevation variation, wildlife, receptive greens and a unique final 18th hole leading up to a grandstand setting. Sounds good to me! Hope to see you out there from Tuesday 5pm UKT.

dennis9989

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2015, 10:36:23 PM »
PSN ID DBUCKEYES Looking forward to playing in this league.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2015, 01:17:24 PM »
PSN ID DBUCKEYES Looking forward to playing in this league.

You're very welcome Dennis.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2015, 01:39:11 PM »
CGT Blackhawk Shield

In the famed words of the truly wonderful Bruce Buffer.. "Ladies and Gentlemen.. We.. Are.. Live!!" Yep, the latest attractive port of call on the Casuals Tour is open for some exciting and no doubt drama fuelled Golfing combat. The Blackhawk Shield has a five day completion window and all are welcome, particularly newcomers and our merry band of novice and casual players. Hope you all enjoy competing in the latest CGT event and the very best of luck! :)

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2015, 10:13:58 AM »
CGT Blackhawk Shield - Day Two

Sticking with the UFC analogies, there's a real hard fought battle taking place over at Blackhawk with some familiar names thumping their way up the leaderboard. Two days in and Bighitter cracked a brutally competitive -22 to take pole, and fresh from a recent Ace in practice RJRoscoe is 2nd on -19. Another perennial top ten shooter DLW is currently 3rd on -18. Three days remain in this one and as we've witnessed in recent CGT events things can change with some rapidity.

Best of the Rest

4th Coda -14
5th Burton -13
6th Bigcat -9
7th ISKN -7
8th Crippler -4
9th Luke -2
10th Jomaykas +1
11th Marco +7
12th Soylent +10
13th Nounours +13
14th Dicanio +15
15th Foxy +24

Yet again a lovely spread of scoring, providing a challenge for all player skill levels. We'll be back Saturday and Sunday for our Day Four and Five reports, as the CGT Blackhawk Shield no doubt reaches an exciting Golfing denouement. Good luck all!

Luke466

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2015, 12:31:51 PM »
You chose a nice track. Thanks again C-Saint.  Long way to go to crack the top tier of TGC pros...

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2015, 07:17:44 PM »
You chose a nice track. Thanks again C-Saint.

Ta Luke. CGT Tournament course selection has two criteria, beauty and relative ease of play, Blackhawk ticks those. Next weeks Tour venue utterly encapsulates that ethos with one of the most beautifully created courses I've seen to date. Arctic Fury's quite majestic Celtic Vineyard. Looking forward to that one already. 

CGT Blackhawk Shield - Final 48 Update

As we head into the final 48 of a keenly contested Blackhawk Shield our top three remain, but a trio of new faces gatecrash the top ten. Ripcity now occupies 4th on - 18, Weasek at 5 with -17 and Jack holding 6th now on -16. Two days remain and all still to play for. Good luck out there.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 10:04:35 AM by Chelsea Saint »

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2015, 09:49:27 AM »
CGT Blackhawk Shield - Final Countdown

As we head into the final few hours of a quite rivetting Blackhawk Shield, the CGT yet again provides some dramatic late leaderboard action. With Anquila seizing pole overnight after cracking a mighty -23!

Great to see plenty of casuals participating again, well played guys! We've said it often, but it really is all about the taking part this tour, not to mention savouring the beautiful scenery and unique ambience of the courses.

Cutoff on this one is 5pm UKT today, so still time to make your mark on the Blackhawk Shield leaderboard.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2015, 04:48:59 PM »
CGT Blackhawk Shield - Tournament Roundup

A plus 40 field entered this latest CGT event, and typically a late great Golfing surge sealed the Shield at Blackhawk Forest CC. Bighitters slick -22 was dramatically eclipsed by Anquila with his late, late -23 to take the honours and achieve his first Casuals Golf Tour title. Congratulations Anquila. Third belongs to RJRoscoe at -19, with DLW, Townnoob, A1dozer and Ripcity all tied for fourth with impressive -18 cards. Weasek grabbed 8th just a stroke behind, with Jackf 9th on -16 and Coda completing our Blackhawk Shield top ten. Well played all.

Special thanks as ever to all contributing newcomers and casuals who added depth and spice to another great tournament!

Next on CGT

Next week the tour rolls very merrily to the truly wonderful Celtic Vineyard GC. A real visual treat this one, lovingly created by gifted designer Arctic Fury. Hope to see you guys out there again, as we contest the CGT Celtic Cup from Tuesday 5pm UKT.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2015, 04:14:13 PM »
Welcome to Celtic Vineyard

The CGT travels to Ireland this week as we visit the truly charming Celtic Vineyard GC. As mentioned our tournament course selection is based on relative ease of use, smooth gameplay and beauty. Celtic covers all bases here and provides copious amounts of the latter. Boasting a myriad of pleasing vistas, wonderfully crafted rock formations and thoughtful planting. Well up there in my favourite courses and a great venue for this weeks CGT event!

Practice makes Perfect?

I'm dedicating myself to TGC again. I've not played much recently and lost my touch somewhat. Practice really does help to hone and refine your game, so I'll be hitting the links heavily this week.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2015, 01:32:24 PM »
CGT Celtic Cup is Live

Here we go again chaps, five days of glorious Golfing competition at a suitably worthy venue. Tourney reports as ever throughout the week. Enjoy those stunning Celtic vistas and good luck all.

Any questions regarding the CGT format from newcomers, please ask.

space-cash