Introducing the CGT - Casuals Golf Tour

• 108 Replies

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2015, 07:08:28 PM »
Felt for my little fella (son) tonight on the tour, plus 20mph winds on his first round! Hard work don't cover it, bordering on farce frankly. But he hung in there and completed the tournament schedule. Respect little dude!

Tim Brantford

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2015, 11:45:26 AM »
Think I'm going to have a go at this today or tomorrow. (been playing around in the GNC a bit lately has taken my focus away from actual playing)  I did a practice round on Celtic Vineyard yesterday and absolutely loved the course. Ranked it a 9 when done.

Coda1850

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2015, 12:49:36 PM »
Think I'm going to have a go at this today or tomorrow. (been playing around in the GNC a bit lately has taken my focus away from actual playing)  I did a practice round on Celtic Vineyard yesterday and absolutely loved the course. Ranked it a 9 when done.

I found Celtic Vineyard last weekend.  I was hoping someone made a good Celtic Manor (love that course) but found this one instead.  I also ranked it a 9... Can't wait to play this tourney.
Golf Golf Golf
Hole in 1 count: 3

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2015, 10:25:30 AM »
CGT Celtic Cup  - Day Three

The delightfully picturesque, and when windswept potentially taxing Celtic Vineyard, has not deterred our leading pack from thudding some highly proficient scores. Burton eclipsing all right now with a sublime -26, with Ripcity in close proximity just one stroke adrift. Weasek again performing well is third on -20. Townnoob is 4 on -17 and Slickhenry completes our day three top five, shooting 13 under. Three Golfing combatants are tied for 6th with Kckfire, Coda and ISKN recording -12's. 9th is newcomer Cwbyfan at -9 and a fine knock of 7 under from Soylent places him in our current top ten. Special thanks to ALL the other players who have competed. Sorry I can't name you all, I'd be here all day! :)

So two days remain in another enthralling CGT event, and if our past tourneys are anything to go by, there'll be plenty more drama to come!

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2015, 10:55:56 AM »

I found Celtic Vineyard last weekend.  I was hoping someone made a good Celtic Manor (love that course) but found this one instead.  I also ranked it a 9... Can't wait to play this tourney.

Glad you're enjoying the courses guys. CGT cherry picks courses that are aesthetically pleasing, not too taxing and importantly run smoothly on PS4. Next weeks event features another beaut that fulfills that criteria to a.. er.. tee! ;)

kckfire

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2015, 12:30:18 PM »
Please feel free to use any of my tracks.  Firefighter memorial, Tobacco Dunes and Wild Dunes.  kckfire, Steve Pope
My designs:

Quarry Pines
Wild Dunes
Tobacco Dunes
Firefighter Memorial

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2015, 03:34:56 PM »
CGT Celtic Cup - Tournament Roundup

The bounteous beauty of 'The Vineyard' has made this one of my favourite CGT events to date. I'd therefore like to take this opportunity to thank all those creative, dedicated designers out there. Whose significant input often propel this fine game to another level. Great work!

And so to the tourney. Some minor changes in our top ten but not in those top three positions. Which makes Burton our CGT Celtic Cup champion! Hugely adept performance with that -26 and a worthy winner, well played. Ripcity retains runner up with a highly satisfying and competitive -25 with Weasek third on -20. Late gatecrashers to our top ten were Leesome bagging fifth on -15 and Mnguy grabbing tenth with a -11. Well played ALL thirty plus entrants.

Next On CGT

More CGT Golfing action from Tuesday as the tour heads to another quite delightful venue. Yep, the talented Dr Yeti is our host with his quite sublime Yeti National at Sasquatch Point. So I look forward to your company at the CGT Sasquatch Open, from Tuesday 5pm UKT. :)

@Kck. Ahoy mate, I'll check em out.

SweetTeeBag

• GroupMember
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2015, 08:18:32 AM »
Thanks for the kind words!

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2015, 10:13:49 AM »
Welcome to Sasquatch Pointe

Another Golfing treat awaits the CGT from Tuesday as we visit premier designer Dr Yeti's Yeti National at Sasquatch Pointe. Amply fulfilling the criteria of beauty, relative ease and smooth PS4 gameplay, Sasquatch is a hugely worthy addition to the CGT's itinerary. If you find time check out Yeti's other creations, all are highly notable works.

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2015, 06:09:14 PM »
   Did I hear smooth ps4 gameplay ?  I'm all in........didn't know it even existed.
"We don't see that on our end"

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2015, 01:01:25 PM »
CGT Sasquatch Open

Here we go again with a shiny new CGT event from yet another highly appealing venue. The CGT Sasquatch Open is now live and features our usual 36 holes and easy paced 5 day completion window. All players are welcome, particularly newcomers to the game and the more casual Golfers out there. And whether you go low or high your participation is respected and appreciated. Just search for CGT in Tournaments. Good luck out there, and enjoy those delightful Yeti inspired views.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2015, 09:56:36 AM »
CGT Sasquatch Open - The Yeti Strikes!

After just 20 hours of our five day Golfing journey we have an early pacesetter. And rather appropriately it's none other than THEsmellyyeti who confidently delivered a 36 hole -17 and resides in pole. CGT regulars Coda -15, Kckfire -13 and ISKN -7 occupy 2, 3 and 4. And my little fella Andre making immediate amends for last weeks tribulations at Celtic Vineyard, thumping a battling +4 to hold a current 5th place. Also a warm CGT welcome to newcomers Jewishkev and Booter, who recorded determined plus 8 and 13 debuts on the Casuals Tour. Well played guys.

Plenty more Golfing action to come from a sunny Sasquatch Pointe in the next four days. :)

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2015, 04:31:21 PM »
CGT Sasquatch Open - Tournament Roundup

After many a top ten finish TownNoob grabbed a very deserved first CGT title after yet another late, great surge in a CGT event! Our champion cracked an impressive final day -20 to finish two shots ahead of long time leader Bigdon who claimed a creditable runner up. Many congrats! Smellyyeti claimed third on -17, Coda's solid -15 takes fourth and Kck's confidently struck -13 completes our top five. Many thanks to all participants, particularly our casuals. Great to see some new faces out there!

Next On CGT

From Tuesday the CGT heads to yet another picturesque charmer of a venue. Yep, we visit the delightful, calming, countrified idyll that is Old Beaver Creek. This as we contest the CGT Battle at Beaver Creek! Hope to see you then.

Antiparosjez

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2015, 04:52:40 PM »
Missed this Chelsea, I'll join for the next one! Thanks for playing my latest course by the way and feel free to use it for a future event mate.
Domino Sands Man of Kent Power Station Grendel Woods The Pier Sandyhurst Lakes North Kernow, Chart Lakes, West Foreland Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Romney Harbour, Kingston Park, Gull Rock, City Park, Mullion Cliffs, Wealden

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2015, 01:43:36 PM »
Missed this Chelsea, I'll join for the next one! Thanks for playing my latest course by the way and feel free to use it for a future event mate.

Yep, Saxon Weald is a lovely course and a recommended play. Cheers for designing.

Welcome to Old Beaver Creek

I'm aware I say this weekly but it's simply unavoidable. ADX and Reebdoog's boreal collaboration is a truly beautiful course and a worthy setting for our latest event. Take a pre tourney perusal HERE. A superbly crafted 18!

Btw, this will be our first tournament to utilise the handicap system. Looking to get some of the casual players up that leaderboard. So it's a Tuesday 5pm start for 'The Battle at Beaver Handicap' Good luck all.

space-cash