Introducing the CGT - Casuals Golf Tour

• 108 Replies

Coda1850

« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2015, 03:58:23 PM »
CGT Morgado Trophy

Tournament now live. This is a casuals friendly full handicap event. Usual MO of 36 holes, 5 day window, regular tournament reports and as ever all are welcome. Any q's from newcomers feel free to ask. Have a good one!

Ps - Apologies, forgot to mention the designer of this beaut yesterday. Cheers Biggins on yet another marvellous course design.

Any chance future tourneys would be without the handicap?
Golf Golf Golf
Hole in 1 count: 3

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2015, 04:16:24 PM »
CGT Morgado Trophy

Tournament now live. This is a casuals friendly full handicap event. Usual MO of 36 holes, 5 day window, regular tournament reports and as ever all are welcome. Any q's from newcomers feel free to ask. Have a good one!

Ps - Apologies, forgot to mention the designer of this beaut yesterday. Cheers Biggins on yet another marvellous course design.

Any chance future tourneys would be without the handicap?

...or having the tournaments be a combination of both a gross and net (handicap) winner.   :)

-MERACE

Antiparosjez

« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2015, 04:49:52 PM »
Well I made the mistake of playing the first round this evening in 20mph winds! Just survived, 1 under gross I think and hoping wind stays strong for the next few days!
Domino Sands Man of Kent Power Station Grendel Woods The Pier Sandyhurst Lakes North Kernow, Chart Lakes, West Foreland Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Romney Harbour, Kingston Park, Gull Rock, City Park, Mullion Cliffs, Wealden

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2015, 04:58:40 PM »
Ok guys cheers, points taken. It's a fine balancing act. We've got a lot of casual players who clearly prefer handicap. Conversely there's some very talented players with hefty plus handicaps who are understandably put off by the score deficit. It had crossed my mind to pop two events up, a handicap and non handicap, essentially pro and am. My concern is numbers. But if there's enough interest perhaps that's the way to go? I'd be curious to hear players thoughts on this.

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2015, 05:54:04 PM »
  Possibly rotate each week between handicap and non ? I liked the idea of handicap to see some fresh names on the leaderboards. I just play for fun and don't care about leaderboards personally. Either way, its a fantastic tournament Chelsea provides us with each week. Thanks again Chelsea.
"We don't see that on our end"

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2015, 05:58:58 PM »
Since there are only 2 rounds in the tournaments why not have a handicap and non-handicap tournament each week.

After a few weeks you will be able to determine by the participation if it's worth continuing to have both tournaments.

-MERACE

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2015, 08:06:46 PM »
Thanks for the thoughts chaps. And after much corporate wrangling at a hastily convened CGT executive board meeting, we've decided for now to leave things as they are. As in, low key handicap events for novice and casual TGC players. Having said that, I'm sure we can throw some intermittent 'pro' tournaments into the mix, perhaps a no handicap CGT Masters in April and similarly themed events. But for now the CGT remains just that, casual.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2015, 08:40:46 AM »
CGT Morgado Trophy - Day Two

This charming but often brutally blustery Links course is proving hard work this week, as our competitors struggle to break par. A trio of players have achieved impressive sub numbers though, after battling the elements and the courses notorious undulating terrain. At 1, carding a fine -7 is Ronybaloney, last weeks champion Kckfire in form again with a -5 to currently hold second and JD's -1 places third. 4, Jamesy even par, 5th Natron at +2, in 6th on +4 Grizzler, with Marco and Slickhenry tied for 7th after posting 6 over. In ninth Knowyourrole at +7 and Foxy completes our top ten on +8.

Highly competitive this one with plenty of challenging tournament Golf ahead. Well played to ALL competitors and we'll be back soon with more from the CGT Morgado Trophy.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 01:26:31 PM by Chelsea Saint »

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2015, 01:24:04 PM »
In just 60 seconds of horror Golf I've just blown any hope of a win in this weeks CGT event. All was going well until I decided to play ping pong with a bunker and heavy rough at opposite sides of the par 3 tenth. Result? Quad bogey! Golf, don't you just love it! :(

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2015, 02:41:35 PM »
CGT Morgado Trophy - Day Two UPDATE

After the horrors of the tenth in round one I managed to redeem myself a little in round two, hitting a sub three round and managed to place 6th on the leaderboard at +1. And we have a new leader, with Rushie claiming pole after a splendid -9.  More soon from Vale Do Morgado.

leesome

« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2015, 01:44:24 AM »
Played ya ghost on the 1st round chelsea...that ping pong hole was...i laughed only because has happened to me toooo many times...great tourny...hcp or normal,i'll play

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2015, 12:35:43 PM »
Played ya ghost on the 1st round chelsea...that ping pong hole was...i laughed only because has happened to me toooo many times...great tourny...hcp or normal,i'll play

Haha, yeah mate looking back it was funny, but at the time I was a millisecond away from embedding my controller in the wall! Glad you're enjoying the tour. :)

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2015, 01:23:46 PM »
CGT Morgado Trophy - Day Four

It's sure been competitive at a testing, windswept Morgado this week, and as ever we have a dramatic final day in prospect. Here's the latest scores. At 1, Rushie just about holds his lead on -9 after Leesome cracked a fine -8 to take 2nd. Our day one leader Rony is at 3 on -7, with Kck and Nuter tied for fourth after solid sub 5's. CGT newcomer Sparepart debuts impressively with -3 to hold 6th and JD is in 7 after his -1. 8th is Jamesy on even, and despite a comic-horror show at the tenth Chelsea grabs 9 on +1. ISKN rounds up our top ten after a gritty +2.

Great turnout again guys thanks to all for contributing to the event. We'll be back tomorrow to reveal this weeks CGT champion, as we present our usual championship Sunday roundup. Catch you then.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2015, 03:41:19 PM »
CGT Morgado Trophy - Tournament Roundup

Late Golfing drama has profoundly featured in CGT events of late, but pleasingly for Rushie not this week! His consummate early carded -9 being enough to to make him The CGT Morgado Trophy champion. Very well played mate. And Leesome can be proud of his input after his stylish -8 bagged him runner up. Rony achieved 3rd with a guileful -7, Kck and Nuter tied for fourth after tidy sub 5's. Sparepart debuted smartly with -3 to hold 6th and Neil316 nudged into the top ten with his timely -2. JD takes 8th after his steady sub 1 effort, 9 belongs to Jamesy on even and Chelsea's +1 was enough to secure tenth.

Super tournament chaps well played all. And after Morgado's blustery undulating test of Golfing acumen, next weeks CGT event should play a little easier. And that charm abundant venue will be revealed as always on Monday. Thus allowing a day of pre tourney practice before the event kicks for real from Tuesday 5pm UKT. See you next week, enjoy your Golf!

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2015, 07:02:49 PM »
Not Next On CGT

Unfortunately my unexpectedly busy recent schedule means I'm unable to host a tourney this week. Apologies chaps.

space-cash