XB1 Designers Tour

• 458 Replies

drivert

• GroupMember
  • XBOX GT is mariner175
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 06:47:13 PM »
I would not worry about the voice. We could get in a party and if anyone sent a message on twitch the host could just type back

Cally

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 07:21:09 PM »
ok, im game with that, let me talk to HH and see if he will host it. Maybe i can talk Crazycanuck into being the 4th

The Headhunter

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 07:38:34 PM »
Sure, I will host it.  We can be in a party chat and I will just sort of announce how things are going, I can ask questions and relay answers.
My latest courses:
Par 3 Tournament Course at Hunter Meadows
Devil's Whisper
Golf Club at Hunter Meadows
Durham Springs

drivert

• GroupMember
  • XBOX GT is mariner175
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 09:48:24 PM »
When is the tee time guys?

The Headhunter

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2015, 12:43:06 AM »
We had a foursome playing the Tour tonight.  I played with Cally, Mariner175, and CrazyCanuck1985.  I streamed our two rounds in case anyone wants a preview of the courses.

http://youtu.be/G2i4TZeUeaE
My latest courses:
Devil's Whisper
Durham Springs

ProjectM4yhem23

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2015, 12:40:40 PM »
Would love to join in on these "foursomes" I will send out FRs tonight.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2015, 02:22:55 PM »
What's the name of the next tour I'm presuming I'm too late to play the first one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

leslie.sangster

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2015, 02:25:35 PM »
I have my first course design called Bowburn Municipal GC it was my first go at it and although I think it's not great I think it's worth a play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike1409

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2015, 07:10:24 PM »
Would love to join in on these "foursomes" I will send out FRs tonight.

Me too!

The Headhunter

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2015, 07:27:22 PM »
The tour name is "XB1 Designers Tour" followed by the Week #.  This week is week #2.
My latest courses:
Devil's Whisper
Durham Springs

Crocosaur

• Golf Course Gator
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2015, 07:46:24 PM »
This is an awesome idea.  Would love to try and submit my current course once it is finished, but that may not be for a while as work commitments and living in a home full of gamers means that it is difficult to get in time to play.  Should be getting my own TV and console here soon, so once I migrate everything over, I should have plenty of time to work on courses.

Also, is this open to players of all skill levels?  Right now, I am at a +1 handicap and I know that I'll probably get my hide handed to me by some of these guys, but this is too good of a concept to not get in on.

XBL Gamertag: Croco83

Completed Courses:
- Cypress Bay CC

Courses in Progress:
Stay Tuned!

The Headhunter

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2015, 08:00:19 PM »
Sure, it's open to everyone.  The goal is to get the Xbox designers some recognition and exposure for their courses.  There are no prizes and really the winners are the course designers who get a bunch of plays for their courses.

Definitely post your course when it's completed.
My latest courses:
Devil's Whisper
Durham Springs

Rtomboli

• gamertag: WALKyourTALK
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 06:00:13 PM »
Majestic Pines
Cypress
(both in sig)

Both should be a good go.
Cypress is firmer than most courses but still has 150+ plays so its very likeable. Thanks Cally.
The Orchard at Haley's Estate
Eighteen at Prestige Valley - 4.75 on TGCT. Fav.
Blue Willow Club & Lodge- 5.0 on TGCT - Most played.
Eighteen at Majestic Pines-5.0 on TGCT - The best rated.
Cypress Pointe Golf Club -4.75 on TGCT- A challenge.
Royal Acres Country Club 4.0 on TGCT
Links at the Bay-4.0

BestwoodRoadie

• Notts County Golf Society
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2015, 09:25:22 AM »
XBOX One Designers and Players

You design on XBOX One
You Play on XBOX One
Your courses not yet handicap rated
You would like to see more plays on your courses

As a player you want to help support the XBOX One designers

Play the XB1 Designers Tour and help all XB1 designers get more recognition today.

This tour is all about the XBOX One designs that are slowly fading into the growing HB course database, hopefully this will bring your courses back into the limelight.

Each week I will setup a tour that includes 2 XBOX One designed courses

To keep things simple there will be 1 round on each course, this way, as designers we are not asking to much of the players who could also be in multiple tours and have limited time.

All courses must be designed on the XBOX and rated on TGCTours, this help will keep poorly designed courses off the tour which, in turn, should keep the tour active because better courses should lead to better participation.

Each Monday a new tour will start and conclude on Sunday.

The real winners of the tour are the course designers who get more plays for their courses.  The tour is just for fun so there wont be any leader boards posted in the forums.  The one stat that will be posted is the number of course plays before and after your course has been played in the event.

So start submitting your courses today, prior to each week I will go through this thread and list the 2 courses in order of submission to be played and the number of plays leading into the tournament, when the tournament concludes I will post the number plays

I will only consider one course at a time, after your course has been included in a tour you can resubmit another. This way I do not have manage multiple submissions at a time

Hopefully we will all get some more recognition that some of the XBOX One designers truly deserve

I was working on this with The Headhunter and week 1 will start with Lowlander Links at Cally Park and conclude with Devils Whisper

The tour name for week 1 will be as follows: XB1 Designers Tour - W1 and each week I will increase the week #
This should be easy to find by selecting Tours and searching for XB1

UPDATE: I am adding another stipulation to get your course on the tour.
Since this is to benefit the designers you must play in a tour prior to your course being included, I feel this is only fair.
We are all asking for more plays, but we also need to count on each other to add to our plays

Good luck

Weekly Result:

XB1 Designers Tour - W1
Lowlander Links at Cally Park: Pre = 68 Plays, post = 82 plays, +14 plays (don't even try to do the math)
Devil's Whisper Golf Club: Pre = 37 plays, post = 48 plays, +11 plays

This weeks individual winner was Mike1409 with a score of -19, but the real winners were the course designers who gained 25 plays

XB1 Designers Tour - W2
Field Stone Farms (Sunday Pin): Pre = 21 plays,
Bershire County Down: Pre = 41 plays,

Hi Cally

Just seen this and i will be playing it every week from now on.

Just as a thought when these courses get played on to the required number they will then be Handicap rated by the system, just a thought that with this happening and the handicap system attached would it not be more interesting to have a leaderboard?.

Victor71

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2015, 02:07:54 PM »
Enjoyed both courses this week. Shot 70 & 69 for -5 total. Teeing off on 12 at Bershire I heard one of the ghosts hit the flag, so I went to watch the replay and sure enough Daddyjules almost had a hole in one. The ball just didn't want to stay in the cup!!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 02:09:31 PM by Victor71 »
PSN: victor_s71

space-cash