Why does the ticker at the bottom of the screen show me

• 11 Replies

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« on: March 03, 2015, 11:58:49 PM »
rounds from 4 days ago first? It says  "DDawg finished a round on such and such 4 days ago" ...  I was just logged on last night...  This is a bug right?   I'm just saying,  I don't need to see messages about someone completing a round 4 days ago first when I know tons of people have played yesterday and today...      Either way,  thought I would bring light to this bug in case no one else has.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

Steve2golf

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 08:02:44 AM »
The ticker is a complete waste of valuable network resources.
Course(s) Created TGC 2019:
PGA West (Stadium Course)

Cheagles

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 09:01:21 AM »
Hey John, did you access the Message Centre when you were on last night?  The messages will display until you enter the Centre so they are 'marked' as read, and will no longer display along the ticker.

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 01:57:31 PM »
Hey John, did you access the Message Centre when you were on last night?  The messages will display until you enter the Centre so they are 'marked' as read, and will no longer display along the ticker.

I'm not sure if I did or not, but it seems pretty typical to see the the notifications from several days passed as opposed to the most recent ones.  It will show some newer rounds as well but the old ones show up first..  I guess I can play around with going to message center first,  but doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of it?   I mean,  the ticker is what might encourage me to go to the message center if I see Ddawg just started a round or finished a round an hour ago.   At least that way I might be lucky enough to play the course in similar winds..
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

Cheagles

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 02:04:50 PM »
It should be cycling through all the messages in your list, but if you are seeing only older messages in the ticker, then yes I would log that as a bug.  Let me know!

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 02:49:09 PM »
Thanks.. I can definitely tell you that I just opened up TGC and sat at the Main Menu for quite a while and all it's showing me is  New rounds from 3 days ago and nothing recent.   Even if I click on the message center and look at the info that shows me some more current rounds,  when I back out and back to the main menu it shows me useless info still on the ticker in regards to rounds played 3 days ago.   This happens all the time,  it's really not a big deal,  but I would much rather see more current round flashing on the ticker first because the way it stands now it keeps showing old messages.   Trust me,  this is what it does most of the time.

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 02:51:49 PM »
This might help you as well-    When I go into the message center it only goes back as far 17 hours for new rounds,  but exit out to the ticker at the main menu and it gives me messages about rounds played 3 or 4 days ago..  It's most definitely a bug.

Cheagles

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 02:59:21 PM »
Alright thanks for the update!  Logging.      Of course, routinely cleaning up your inbox (by deleting older messages) will give the newer messages a chance to shine in the ticker  ;)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 03:31:37 PM by HB_AdamF »

Steve2golf

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 06:31:59 PM »
Alright thanks for the update!  Logging.      Of course, routinely cleaning up your inbox (by deleting older messages) will give the newer messages a chance to shine in the ticker  ;)
We cant delete them if they are not there. Scrap the ticker, we need all the network resources we can get even if it's down to a kilobyte or 2.
Course(s) Created TGC 2019:
PGA West (Stadium Course)

nige1972

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 05:19:53 PM »
My ticker is showing me messages from 76 days ago,and i know a lot of people with the same issue,that said after reading the other posts here i did,t realise you could delete messages from the message centre,so i,ll give this a go and let you know.

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 05:43:18 PM »
  My messages the last 2 days have been duplicates. The same exact message 4 or 5 times in a row. I check and delete them daily, never had an issue before two days ago. It has always worked just fine. Last two days.....gremlins.  Would deleting the save file help?
"We don't see that on our end"

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 05:56:46 PM »
I think it's very obvious that the messages need to auto delete every couple of days, or something that enables the ticker to show more current rounds.   I don't want to spend time deleting old messages and I'm sure no one else does either.

space-cash