• QA at HB Studios
    • HB Studios
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 10:57:32 AM »
"Nice putt there bud!"

:D
Alex E

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 06:18:50 PM »
Welcome Alex. I am sure you heard you have some mighty big shoes to fill. Lorin was excellent. I am sure you will be too.
"We don't see that on our end"

HB_AlexE

• QA at HB Studios
    • HB Studios
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 06:28:29 PM »
Hello and thanks! However, I'm actually not the new Community Manager - that's a man better suited to filling Lorin's shoes - HB_KeithC!

Alex E

heshwuan

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 01:22:26 PM »
Why does he say "For the save." when I have a two putt for par?
Isnt it only a save when you havent hit the green in regulation?

I must say I like the commentary a lot.. except when he sounds so disappointed when I do badly, but I love when he goes "Ewww." or "Ugh." though, haha.

stonecomet

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2015, 12:24:36 AM »
Not sure if it's the exact quote because I haven't heard it in a while, something like, "Did you just use Thor's hammer...heh,heh,heh..."

Antiparosjez

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2015, 11:38:30 AM »
HB are you going to revisit a couple of things, firstly the comment about 'it looks like you're heading for the sand' just after the tee shot's been hit. For me it takes the suspense out of where the ball will end up and I think that needs revisiting. By all means gloat once the ball's finished in the sand but not while the ball's just been hit please.
Secondly I don't agree that just because I've had a good score on a course that means the course is one of the easier ones and certainly don't agree I should try something harder necessarily. I don't enjoy some of the really stupidly hard courses personally so please can you revisit that as well. Small things I know but becoming irritating!
Still loving the game by the way, in case you wondered!
Power Station Grendel Woods The Pier Sandyhurst Lakes North Kernow, Chart Lakes, West Foreland Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Romney Harbour, Kingston Park, Gull Rock, City Park, Mullion Cliffs, Wealden Forest, Brookland Marshes

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2015, 02:02:31 PM »
I would love to see a DLC of other commentators.  Doesn't have to be someone in the game, although another game has all of the official announcers and it's spectacular! 

There are many professional voice-over talents that would read your 150+ lines for cheap.  Would be nice to have a choice.  Same script, same programming just insert different voice files if user selects different commentary.
StormGolf73 on PC and XB1

My Courses
TPC Four Seasons - Coming
Bay Hill Club & Lodge - RCR
Trump National Philadelphia - RCR
Southern Hills Country Club - RCR
Galveston Country Club - RCR
The DC Golf Club - Design Contest
The Wicklow Hollow Golf Club
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

Dogs_Doughnuts

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2015, 02:48:46 PM »
HB are you going to revisit a couple of things, firstly the comment about 'it looks like you're heading for the sand' just after the tee shot's been hit. For me it takes the suspense out of where the ball will end up and I think that needs revisiting. By all means gloat once the ball's finished in the sand but not while the ball's just been hit please.
Secondly I don't agree that just because I've had a good score on a course that means the course is one of the easier ones and certainly don't agree I should try something harder necessarily. I don't enjoy some of the really stupidly hard courses personally so please can you revisit that as well. Small things I know but becoming irritating!
Still loving the game by the way, in case you wondered!
I think the commentary is great, but agree with the comments from Antiparosjez. At the moment, it seems like the game knows where your ball is going to land very quickly and often makes a comment in the air based on that alone. I would prefer that if you hit a good straight shot, but say misjudged the line or wind and it's going in the rough or water, Jon would wait until it lands and says something along the lines of 'bad luck, you hit that one well too'. Essentially, I'm saying, Jon should take into account your swing power percentage and straightness for his comments.

As it is, it's still the best commentary around though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

machismojo

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2015, 05:54:13 PM »
When I first started playing I thought, wow, this guy is terribly bland. One voice, sorta monotone, and not saying 'much.' After playing about 10 rounds now, I'm SOOO enjoying John! Great job.

But this is a request thread - so I'd like to have the ability to select various voice overs...1) John just more of his wit! 2) I'd love to hear a bit of a Patrick Warburton (Rules of Engagement) sort of arrogant, self-absorbed, dry humor. And then 3) Maybe a David Ferhety (Commentary professional style) or Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear guy style with some clear irreverence) british bloke giving me kudos, and krap about my shots! That would be amazing!

I do agree about a few of the comments about the didn't get all of that (when I purposely am hitting a bump and run). But those are small complaints, it's about the best commentary i've ever enjoyed in a game environment.

Thanks John!! You rock dude!

bob5453

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2015, 05:59:10 PM »
If there were more commentary options I could give John a thumbs up, but when it is the only option I have to give it another wtf.
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

Lout Of Order

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2015, 06:24:51 PM »
Would love to hear a terribly British commentator - along the lines of Peter Allis.

daleandelisdad

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2015, 03:10:58 AM »
I'm a professional voice talent and I'd do it for these guys for free.

machismojo

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2015, 03:26:56 AM »
Would love to hear a terribly British commentator - along the lines of Peter Allis.

Yes that's where I was going with Jeremy Clarkson, the English bloke from top gear. Or for real s&g's get John Cleese 

All of these I'm sure have someone who does a good impression!!

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2015, 10:09:55 AM »
I'm a professional voice talent and I'd do it for these guys for free.

Send this guy the script, slice up the voice files and then put up a DLC for $1.99 and he get's 10%.  See how that goes...
StormGolf73 on PC and XB1

My Courses
TPC Four Seasons - Coming
Bay Hill Club & Lodge - RCR
Trump National Philadelphia - RCR
Southern Hills Country Club - RCR
Galveston Country Club - RCR
The DC Golf Club - Design Contest
The Wicklow Hollow Golf Club
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

Holmes108

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2015, 09:27:53 PM »
I'm a fan of the commentary, except when I land it 3 feet from the hole, and hear something along the lines of "I think you can 2 putt this". Wtf John?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

space-cash