Are you kidding?.....

• 26 Replies

smoknpirate

« on: March 12, 2015, 10:44:41 AM »
This is a completely unsolicited recommendation. Actually a very high recommendation. Playing the Scarpacci Vineyard Tour and shocked to see that the Black course has not even reached 100 plays on PS4. This is one of the most beautiful courses in the game. The lighting, the views from the tee boxes, the contouring of the terrain. Surprised to see many other courses receive some high praise and this one continues to fly under the radar. It needs plays..it deserves plays. It should be HDCP rated by now. If people are looking for tour courses this one should be a lock.
My best courses

-Tanami Desert Links
-El Tesoro Piratas Golf Club
-William's Landing
-BlackBird Creek Golf Links
-TPC Carolina
-Spanish Oaks Golf Club
-Harbour Pointe
-TideWater Plantation

anserman

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 10:48:26 AM »
This is a completely unsolicited recommendation. Actually a very high recommendation. Playing the Scarpacci Vineyard Tour and shocked to see that the Black course has not even reached 100 plays on PS4. This is one of the most beautiful courses in the game. The lighting, the views from the tee boxes, the contouring of the terrain. Surprised to see many other courses receive some high praise and this one continues to fly under the radar. It needs plays..it deserves plays. It should be HDCP rated by now. If people are looking for tour courses this one should be a lock.

It happens on a ton of great courses but I agree.  When he released it I played it and definitely loved the lighting and overall sculpting etc

usc_yogi

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 11:50:56 AM »
I think what happens a lot is that people see these courses with multiple tee locations and they just don't know which one to pick. The plays get spread out over the other versions instead of being focused on one version. I know I always have a hard time figuring out which version to play of a course. Black tees always sound intimidating so many people may shy away from those type of courses and choose the white or blue tees. Although they may enjoy the course, they may never get a chance to go back and play the different versions.
PSN: usc_yogi

tiger roach

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 12:10:27 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check that course out.  8)

Amoskodg

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 12:10:35 PM »
I think that a lot of courses should get more plays. The only way to do this is get HB to put it on suggested because most of the people not on forums just play junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pubknight

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 12:15:41 PM »
It would be nice if the Suggested Courses totally refreshed with a new list after a time.
After all, if a course hits the Suggested List, it's going to get played a lot, and then there are other menu selections by which to find it (most played, highest rated, handicap rated, etc).
The Suggested List, to me, should be the courses that haven't hit any of those lists yet.

mnguy12000

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 12:54:02 PM »
yeah he out did himself with this one that is for sure!
My Courses:
GunFlint Trail GC
Macaw G.C.
Cathedral Pines G.C.
Spruce Harbor G.C.
Evelyn Hills Golf Club
RCR - Chom0nix
Valley Meadows
Breaker's Point GC
WIP RCR Columbia Golf Club, Mpls MN

We_Ready

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 01:20:37 PM »
What do I need to search if I want to play this course?

smoknpirate

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 01:20:52 PM »

It would be nice if the Suggested Courses totally refreshed with a new list after a time.
After all, if a course hits the Suggested List, it's going to get played a lot, and then there are other menu selections by which to find it (most played, highest rated, handicap rated, etc).
The Suggested List, to me, should be the courses that haven't hit any of those lists yet.

Couldn't agree more. Sometimes it seems like you have to be part of the "inner circle" for a course to make it there. I've got two TGCTour 5* rated courses and a couple other good ones, but have never been on the Suggested list. I realize that there are a lot of courses to choose from, but that's all the more reason to change the list up.

My best courses

-Tanami Desert Links
-William's Landing
-TPC Carolina
-Spanish Oaks Golf Club
-Harbour Pointe
-TideWater Plantation

smoknpirate

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 01:23:42 PM »

What do I need to search if I want to play this course?

"Scarpacci Vineyard". There are some other tees to choose from depending on your skill level or liking. Goes from White, Blue, Black, and now Gold. In order Easy to Difficult.

My best courses

-Tanami Desert Links
-William's Landing
-TPC Carolina
-Spanish Oaks Golf Club
-Harbour Pointe
-TideWater Plantation

Coda1850

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 01:49:38 PM »
I already have plans to play this.  I'll be playing all 4 courses in his tour.  Interested to see which I like the most.

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=9688.0
Golf Golf Golf
Hole in 1 count: 3

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 04:51:00 PM »

Couldn't agree more. Sometimes it seems like you have to be part of the "inner circle" for a course to make it there. I've got two TGCTour 5* rated courses and a couple other good ones, but have never been on the Suggested list. I realize that there are a lot of courses to choose from, but that's all the more reason to change the list up.

I am sure I don't have any of the "inner circle" designer's courses on my favorite list. I agree completely smoke.  They just know how to self promote themselves and create attention. Many of the "less aggressive" designers are much better. It's a shame. The suggested list needs to be updated more often. Some of the choices are poor as well imo.
"We don't see that on our end"

Artfull_dodger__

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 05:03:57 PM »
I'm not going to make any more courses myself.I've spent god knows how many days creating courses and with very little people playing them and several have been approved by TGCTOURS aswell.
My courses
Early-1981's Loch Ness
The Misty Mountains
Valley of the Kings
The Hogs Breath Manor
Pop's Devils island
The Little lakes golf club
Mirkwood
The Old Course of H-B-M
The Inca’s Colosseum
The National

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 06:03:47 PM »
   Nuter I play your courses  all the time.....they are excellent. I wish there was a way to get all the excellent designers the plays their courses deserve.  Not sure how they can. I can feel your pain , pouring your heart into a beautifully created course and only getting a handful of plays. Guess it says a lot for just how many quality courses we are lucky enough to have.  I hope the designers don't get frustrated and stop designing.
   Expanding the friends list may help, I always look at my friends creations first for new courses.
"We don't see that on our end"

Artfull_dodger__

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2015, 06:48:19 PM »
Cheers bud,I appreciate your time playing em.I'm glad some plays em :-)
My courses
Early-1981's Loch Ness
The Misty Mountains
Valley of the Kings
The Hogs Breath Manor
Pop's Devils island
The Little lakes golf club
Mirkwood
The Old Course of H-B-M
The Inca’s Colosseum
The National

space-cash