how and why would you do this?

• 33 Replies

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2015, 08:27:28 PM »
Hi guys, lobby multi-player is something that is something we want to do as we're not able to do certain modes without it. You can't do a rider cup mode for example without it.
Unfortunately we were on a strict time and money budget, we're an indie studio, so we have to make decisions on what we believe to be important.
If we'd chosen to do a lobby we would have compromised on game play and maybe even a platform as well as losing customers that didn't have gold and psn accounts on console.
There also isn't the numbers you would expect playing lobby multiplayer.
We came up with the ghost ball concept that meant you could play people when they weren't even online anymore but also gave you the ability to play almost live. Which is improving hugely in the next update.
If you haven't played turn based yet,  give it a try. I think it works perfectly

Amoskodg

• GroupMember
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2015, 10:46:07 PM »
Turn based is great. Screw the lobby. Much more important things. Updated themes made this a new game and I'm cool with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chairman7w

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2015, 09:05:05 PM »
Agree 100%     Multiplayer works just fine without a lobby.

Turn based is great. Screw the lobby. Much more important things. Updated themes made this a new game and I'm cool with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"So I jump ship in Hong Kong, and I get on as a looper.  A jock, a caddy..."

Nzer

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2015, 06:55:40 AM »
Its the game modes that makes Lobby play so important.  I really want to play Match play with a mate and other game modes.  And no delay live shots would also be great.

I hope you guys get a great cash injection with the Disc version and the upcoming DLC.  There are still so many of us that loves playing with mates the way it works now, but would love even more to have a live lobby multiplayer. 

space-cash