Are you kidding?.....

• 26 Replies

usc_yogi

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 07:21:59 PM »
Cheers bud,I appreciate your time playing em.I'm glad some plays em :-)

What are the names of some of your courses? I will give them a go.
PSN: usc_yogi

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 10:05:23 PM »
Thanks Smokes and everyone else. I really appreciate that. I actually feel lucky to have so many people play my courses after I release them.  I think we have a great support system in place on the PS4 and I can count on my friends list to play most of my releases.  I know I constantly check my friends course listings for places to play. When I'm online and I see a message that so and so favorited this or that, I almost always play that course.  I also notice a lot of people on my friends list playing the courses I've just played, presumable to beat my crappy score.  I'm sure the PC and XBOX play counts on my courses are shockingly low in comparison. 

I do feel like I self promote a little too much so I'm trying to tone that down.  Threads like this are better promotion than I could do myself.  I think people appreciate "check this guys course out" more than "check my course out".  So lets do more of that.  If you play a great course, let everyboody know.

I do get down on myself a lot and start wondering why my course isn't getting plays or why it's rated so low, etc.  Then I remember why I actually spend so much time doing this.  For me.  I love it.  It's a childhoold dream come true to be able to design golf courses.  It may not be  real life, but this is the next best thing.

Anyway, thanks again for lifting my spirits.  Super motivational.

As for the Vineyard, here's the breakdown (for comparison sake on the scores, I'm a +7 HC) :

White = beginners course - super short, super easy.  Shot -18 here the other day.

Blue =  intermediate (depending on the wind) - I'll shoot between  -10 & -13 here - my favorite lay-out but a little too easy for tourney play - I played today and noticed a bunch of trees popped up out of nowhere, frustrating but doesn't affect play at all.

Black = This was intended for the elite but plays easier than I anticipated, still a good test for good players and would make for a good tour stop. Can be a beast in strong winds.  My best here  is -9.

Gold = This is the major tourney set-up.  It's being used in the PSGL Masters so the pins are in some scary locations and the green speed is increase.  The rating on the PS4 is quite low as a result, but again its meant for major championship golf for elite players. Dont expect to go pin hunting here.  Find the safe part of the green or pay the consequences. I suprised myself with a -6 here today.  I played some great golf and only had some single digit wind but it was still very rewarding.

Longest post ever?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 10:08:24 PM by Scarpacci »

Duckfreak

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 11:02:27 PM »
Scarpacci, you are shooting -9 to -18 and say you have crappy scores???  Wish I was that "crappy" LOL.

I had the privelege to play the Black course yesterday and was very impressed! It's probably one of the most unique and beautiful layouts I've played on TGC. It's the first time I've played one of your courses and it surely won't be the last.

Artfull_dodger__

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2015, 04:20:01 AM »
Here's a list of some of my courses
The Canadian Rockies Retreat
Fraggle Rock Fishing Village
easter Island
beachcombers Natural Links
The Full English Country Club V2
The Wind In The Willows.There are several others
My courses
Early-1981's Loch Ness
The Misty Mountains
Valley of the Kings
The Hogs Breath Manor
Pop's Devils island
The Little lakes golf club
Mirkwood
The Old Course of H-B-M
The Inca’s Colosseum
The National

edi_vedder

• TGCTours.com
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2015, 11:11:39 PM »
Easter Island Links is on my To-Do-List for next week!  :)

usc_yogi

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 07:08:09 AM »
Here's a list of some of my courses
The Canadian Rockies Retreat
Fraggle Rock Fishing Village
easter Island
beachcombers Natural Links
The Full English Country Club V2
The Wind In The Willows.There are several others

I played Fraggle Rock Fishing Village AM and The Canadian Rockies Retreat this weekend and enjoyed both courses. They definitely should have more plays. The Rockies was a challenge due to tree placement that made me think about shots a little more. The course was a little dark at times due to the mountains blocking the sun but it wasn't a big deal. The only problem I had was that I had to keep changing the suggested club since it was suggesting shorter distance clubs often. I look forward to playing the other courses.
PSN: usc_yogi

Artfull_dodger__

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2015, 02:55:12 PM »
Thanks guys I appreciate it alot.Spread the word cos I'm trying to get these rated so I can use these in a handicap tournament
My courses
Early-1981's Loch Ness
The Misty Mountains
Valley of the Kings
The Hogs Breath Manor
Pop's Devils island
Mirkwood
The Old Course of H-B-M
The Inca’s Colosseum
The National

edi_vedder

• TGCTours.com
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2015, 05:39:42 PM »
Easter Island Links is on my To-Do-List for next week!  :)

Played it today, and I have to say it was the most enjoyable Links Course I've played so far.

I played -7 in gusty winds, but I enjoyed it from start till end.

Some bunkers might need some polishing, but apart from that, not much to complain about.

8/10

Artfull_dodger__

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2015, 11:28:34 AM »
Anyone wants to send me a friend's request it # nuter41
My courses
Early-1981's Loch Ness
The Misty Mountains
Valley of the Kings
The Hogs Breath Manor
Pop's Devils island
Mirkwood
The Old Course of H-B-M
The Inca’s Colosseum
The National

tiger roach

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2015, 03:44:57 PM »
OK, I played the course last night. It is a very well-done and visually pleasant course.  And it is one you can imagine yourself playing in real life - that's important to me. I'm turned off by nutty features that you would never see on a real golf course, they make the whole experience less immersive.

I didn't score very well...I had a hard time reading the greens (without grid). Maybe I'll do better tonight.  :P

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2015, 06:59:32 PM »
OK, I played the course last night. It is a very well-done and visually pleasant course.  And it is one you can imagine yourself playing in real life - that's important to me. I'm turned off by nutty features that you would never see on a real golf course, they make the whole experience less immersive.

I didn't score very well...I had a hard time reading the greens (without grid). Maybe I'll do better tonight.  :P

Hi Tiger, are you talking about Vineyard or one of the other courses mentioned in the thread?

tiger roach

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2015, 11:34:21 AM »

Hi Tiger, are you talking about Vineyard or one of the other courses mentioned in the thread?

Sorry, yes I was referring to the Vineyard course.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 11:36:26 AM by tiger roach »

space-cash