Please click on department to view available positions
Lunenburg and Halifax.
Established engineers leading a section of development or fully competent in a particular aspect of the development.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with other Software Engineers and members of the project team
- Ensure the Technical Lead and Producer are aware of the progress of their work
- Alert the Technical Lead and Producer to any issues they have with their work or the agreed schedules
- Implement code to the required standard.
- Facilitate learning and skill growth in less experienced programmers.
- Maintain knowledge of the games industries’ practices
- Perform as lead or sole developer on a specific area of a game or in the development of a library, tool, or utility.
- Provide written documentation as required
- Maintain an internal bug list and respond to serious problems quickly
- Maintain a prioritized feature wish list for any tools they supervise
- Present technical design documents to Technical Lead, including risk assessments and estimated schedule for an engine design change or new feature
- High quality work delivered on time
- Good relationships maintained with other team members at all times
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Strong programming
- Ability to program in C++
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Passion for video games
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work independently without heavy oversight
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Applied math skills
- Ability to provide creative input into a project
- Good communication skills
Desirable Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to program in C#
- Experience in writing games
- DirectX / OpenGL/ Vulkan experience
- Windows programming experience
- Practical Unity experience
- Physics knowledge
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree (or similar)