Bug taking an unplayable lie

• 7 Replies

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« on: April 30, 2015, 07:33:59 PM »
Greetings,

So i have tested this.  I hit the ball into the fairway.  Took a drop.  It showed that I'm now on my third shot, which is correct.

I then put the ball on the green and two putt. I should have scored a 5.   Instead my score is actually a 4.   I have lost the penalty stroke.

Second hole did same thing.  Took the drop and put my now THIRD shot 2 feet from pin, putted the ball in which should be a PAR, but it marked me as a Birdie.   

I notice the BIG print a top that keeps strokes is correct, but the actual line under that that shows your score and also shows current stoke is your actual strokes. It does not include any penalty as it should.  I did multiple drops and same thing.  The large area where the hole is, shows the correct strokes.  The smaller area that shows overall score, does not.

Sadly this is broken and probably should be fixed ASAP as people will use it to drop back out of the rough if they got in as there is no penalty currently.

The other thing is it allows you to take an unplayable lie on the green. As long as this is broken, it is a problem as people will take a hard putt and drop off the green with no penalty and chip/flop up.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:44:43 PM by Brighttail »

HitItLong

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 07:42:03 PM »
Dissappointing, but I am sure HB will fix this in a matter of hours given that this update is only out on PC as we speak.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:45:09 PM by HitItLong »
FirstBlitzer Au on Xbox One

fuzion

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 07:44:06 PM »
Confirmed.

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 08:16:17 PM »
I would hope so or take it out until it is fixed as it is a glaring error that can be exploited in so many ways that would improve your round.  Don't like the rough? Drop to the fairway. Don't like the 30 foot hugely breaking putt? drop on the fringe and flop next to the hole.

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 08:29:46 PM »
http://tgctours.proboards.com/thread/3026/update?page=2&scrollTo=33149

As you can see here the score on the top line and on the secondary lines are the same until after i take my drop.  At that point one shows the penalty and one does not.

I dont have a drop box so I posted it on TGC TOURS website with the pictures, I hope this helps!

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 08:40:08 PM »

I hope this works.

Hmm it does if you zoom out to see the pix or download them.. best i can do with the short time i got.. I'm on the road!

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 11:36:33 PM »
Looks like the new patch fixed this.

Way to go HB!

Cheagles

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 09:14:27 AM »
Thanks for the report!

space-cash