course creater water is black near edge

• 13 Replies

mwsol96

« on: May 03, 2015, 11:18:34 AM »
After building out a replica course I've run in to a strange issue that apears to be a bug on the Xbox one version. I unknowingly built a few holes near the edge and then built water all the way to the edge. After doing so the lake that I built there is all black... probably 3 to 4 hundred yards of black water a few hundred years across. No matter what I do I cannot get the black water to go away. I did try changing themes and none of them make the water look right except the links course...

I need some help here. How do I make the black water go away and not rebuild my course under the current theme?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 11:06:10 AM by mwsol96 »

Rami Alia HB

• golf-beta
  • TGC Technical Lead
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 11:31:22 AM »
Could you please pm me your course save and a screen shot?

clubcaptain

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 04:26:11 PM »
Did you also elevate the terrain round about the edge of the plot ?
Intel core I73770k 3.5 GHZ
16 Gb Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600MHZ/PC12800
Asus mobo PB8277-V Lx
Nvidea GeForce GTX670 2GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windoes 7 home premium 64 bit

Courses :
Aphrodite Golf and Sailing Resort
Taiga Forest-Kaunis Course
Adelaide Hills West Golf Course
Strathmally GC

mwsol96

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 11:20:44 AM »
Winter creek is the course. It was my rough draft to see if the black water would go away after publishing.

I did elevate terrain around the edges. I did do a test and add max water to the course and there it's a square around the perimeter where water is but it black. I'll get picturea ASAP.

XRangerD

• My wife is a golf widow
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 11:44:40 AM »
I've had that I think. A black artifact with a straight edge especially from afar. Raised the ground to eliminate the water completely, saved n exited, reloaded n dit the water features again staying a good bit away from the map edge. I also have seen this artifact deep within the map whe I lowered the terrain way too much. I had to raise n flatten the water way more than I thought I should so I basically made a mountain there and repeated the former steps
Score matters not! Look at me. Judge me by my score do you? And well you should NOT! For my ally is The Course. And a powerful ally it is. Powerful ally. Golf creates it, makes it grow. You must feel The Course around you. Between you, me, the tree, the rock, yes. Even between the ball and the cup.

Cally

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 11:49:53 AM »
When you lower the water up against the perimeter of the land plot you will get this tear. Just be sure to leave some land on this border and the tear will go away. For now you should raise some land out of the water, it doesn't have be much and your problem will be solved

ProjectM4yhem23

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 12:47:30 PM »
yes raise a tiny ribbon of land all around the edge and you will fix this

Thrangar

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 12:59:14 PM »
I am sure others have noticed this but on all the old themes there is a white dash/spot that travels along the waters edge as you move left or right, however for me it does not exist on the new tropical theme, so what ever made it disappear on the tropical, could you please apply that over to the old themes?
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

mwsol96

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 10:47:29 PM »
Tried editing the course and raising all the land around where the black water was occurring all the way to the edge of the map, saving and exiting, then loading the map back up and lowering a small portion of the land far away from the map edge... Still having the black water issue...

I have attached a picture to show the extreme of the issue...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 10:49:38 PM by mwsol96 »

Rami Alia HB

• golf-beta
  • TGC Technical Lead
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 09:21:02 AM »
Hi there, I looked at Winter Creek and it looked fine, nothing unusual, you had the ground a little deep under some of the lakes which resulted in it being a bit darker but thats it. I'm definitely not seeing what you're seeing in the screenshot when I look at Winter Creek.

Rami Alia HB

• golf-beta
  • TGC Technical Lead
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 09:21:46 AM »
I looked at it on PC, should I be looking at it on Xbox One?

mwsol96

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2015, 07:12:28 PM »
I'm playing on Xbox one. Others on Xbox one noticed the same issue.

mwsol96

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 07:53:54 PM »
So... any update on this?

mwsol96

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2016, 11:32:00 AM »
This is an active issue to this date. I haven't played in a while, and noticed another update... And dlc that one must pay for. Is there a fix on this issue yet?

space-cash