HB Please read/respond. Ball squirt worse than ever after PC patch.

• 46 Replies

wirenut48

• Retired Electrician IBEW Local 48
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 03:36:02 PM »
Good point pubknight, any so called built in randomness would be the lack of a precision aiming marker. I don't use the aiming reticle or the shot modification grid much. I like playing partial swings and shaping shots with the swing as it simulates the real game better. This is one of the reasons I really like this game is that it can be played with the uncertainty of where the ball will end up.
PSN/Steam Wirenut48

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2015, 08:58:41 PM »
The backswing is one of the things that can cause deviation to the swing that a lot of people are not aware of, but it's not the only one. Slope and wind can make the ball come immediately off the club head at an angle too. This is where I feel they could use some physic tweaks as the ball should travel straighter at impact before the wind should take effect.

Slope and wine has been removed in testing. And Brighttail is correct something seems fishy. I would relly like it to be a combination of path going back and tempo - but have seen no evidence of this having any effect.

Brighttail - how does the angle snap function work? If you start back 2 degrees off it will just keep you on that 2 degees taking away any further deviation? or does it snap to increments, so you can only pull back at 0 deg or 10 deg etc? If the first it should actually increase the squirting.

Angle snapping is a a software function that literally can give you a perfectly straight shot every time. If you are 2-5 degrees off (more depending on the settings and software of the mouse) while drawing your swing back or forward, the software corrects the discrepancy and makes it a straight line.  Pretty simple and completely illegal and immoral to use in game play, but most excellent for testing purposes.

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 09:02:18 PM »
http://youtu.be/uoXg68Rv83A

Not trying to be contrary, but what is wrong with this shot?
The way I look at it, it's an aiming reticle... not a crosshair... any shot within the aiming reticle is fair game.
If you watch that video very closely the ball starts out exactly at the left boundary of the aiming reticle (use the top of the tree for reference), and then with a slightly left of center swing path, it goes a little further left.

And that's with no backswing info to go on.

If that result happened to me, my first reaction wouldn't be 'ball squirt', it would be 'Hrm, I must have brought the backswing back a little outside'.

As I have reiterated, using angle snap I can create a perfectly straight shot from back to front.  Ball squirt happens even in these conditions.  While back swing may have some influence on the shot (and I still have not seen anything official from HB saying so AND if it does you would think they would give us a back swing indicator so we could practice a better swing), ball squirt is on a completely different level AND conversation.   

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2015, 09:09:42 PM »
I still say that shot path is NOT straight. The ball at the end is to the left of center. Unless I'm blind.
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep
Edenvale (Major and Members)

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2015, 09:23:24 PM »
Are you guys working under the assumption that every shot should go to the middle of that aiming reticule?  I've always assumed that my ball flight could fall anywhere left/right/center of it.  Maybe it's why I never worry about "ball squirt".

Holmes108

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2015, 09:33:19 PM »
The word "squirt" has been used more in this thread than it should ever be used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2015, 09:57:12 PM »
I still say that shot path is NOT straight. The ball at the end is to the left of center. Unless I'm blind.

I'm perfectly fine with this explanation that you offered IF it is the official word from HB.  What you have to remember is when myself and others first brought it up, HB stated that the fault lay in the design of the course, sloped fairways or a non-level tee box, both which we proved to be false over and over again.

The point of this thread is to have HB finally, once and for all give an official statement on whether this slight deviations off the club face are intentional or a bug.  If it is intentional, then is it even over every platform (as we have seen evidence that it is not) and is there anything the player can do to help minimize it. If it is NOT intentional, when might we expect a bug fix.

Simple, eh?

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2015, 10:04:14 PM »
fair enough bub.  ;D I can support that request!
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep
Edenvale (Major and Members)

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

Pubknight

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2015, 11:37:21 PM »
As I have reiterated, using angle snap I can create a perfectly straight shot from back to front.  Ball squirt happens even in these conditions.  While back swing may have some influence on the shot (and I still have not seen anything official from HB saying so AND if it does you would think they would give us a back swing indicator so we could practice a better swing), ball squirt is on a completely different level AND conversation.

- you have seen something official from HB.  Back with Steve2golf's ballsquirt thread on tgctours, myself and others linked to post(s) from HB stating that backswing does affect path.  I know you read them, you acknowledged same in that thread. If you don't believe that, then look in your in-game settings for 'inverted' and 'normal' backswing settings.  It says it right there.  I don't know how much clearer it could be.

- define ball squirt.  As a few of us have stated in this thread, a shot within the reticle, we would see as normal.  Straight shooting or not.  I get the impression you think that anything other than dead center of the reticle would be called 'ball squirt'. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 11:58:05 PM by Pubknight »

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2015, 11:54:57 PM »

- you have seen something official from HB.  Back with Steve2golf's ballsquirt thread on tgctours, myself and others linked to post(s) from HB stating that backswing does affect path.  I know you read them, you acknowledged same in that thread. If you don't believe that, then look in your in-game settings for 'inverted' and 'normal' backswing settings.  It says it right there.  I don't know how much clearer it could be.

- define ball squirt.  As a few of us have stated in this thread, a shot within the reticle, we would see as normal.  Straight shooting or not.  I get the impression you think that anything other than dead center of the reticle would be called 'ball squirt'.

When swing axis is normal it is based on the X-Y access, so you access the fade/draw from here.  It says when the setting of X-axis is set to normal, the ball will draw on an in-out swing. That is fine. When it is set to inverted it is based on the swing stick.  If you make an in-out swing and it draws, why would it be the same as Normal?  This indicates to me that the Normal is based using the backswing, while the inverted is not. If I'm wrong on this I'd like clarification from HB.  None of this addresses the issue that I can have a perfectly straight shot and still experience squirt.

As for a definition, squirt definitely goes outside the "aiming recticle" as you state at its worse and has been shown in previous videos.  We have had videos where a person who is standing on the side of hill with the ball way above their feet (meaning shot is going to go left), the wind is going right to left which means the ball is going left and yet the ball leaps right off the face of the club head.    If your premise of the aiming reticule were correct, that would be a valid explanation and if HB would confirm it .. great!  But I and others have worked many hours experimenting with different lies and after almost 700 rounds, there still seems like no logical reason for what is happening.  Which, once again is why i'm asking for a response from HB.

Anquila1978

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2015, 03:13:58 AM »
Are you guys working under the assumption that every shot should go to the middle of that aiming reticule?  I've always assumed that my ball flight could fall anywhere left/right/center of it.  Maybe it's why I never worry about "ball squirt".

So on this occasion the game decided that I was aiming to the left of the reticule then drew it and the ball moves against the wind?

Feel pre-determined that I was going into trouble no matter the shot then

Other Courses

Turnberry Kintyre Course
Gladstonevale G.C
Belgrave Black at Balmeadie

Pubknight

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2015, 05:26:50 AM »
If you aim a shot so a portion of the reticule is overlapping with a tree... I don't think it's surprising if you hit said tree.
Your shot didn't go left of the reticule... it was within the reticule... yes, on the left hand side of it... but still within it.

Let me ask this... how much of the tree inside the reticule would make sense before it was acceptable that you hit it?
Because in that gif I see tree in about 25% of your aiming spot.

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2015, 07:24:42 AM »
If you aim a shot so a portion of the reticule is overlapping with a tree... I don't think it's surprising if you hit said tree.
Your shot didn't go left of the reticule... it was within the reticule... yes, on the left hand side of it... but still within it.

Let me ask this... how much of the tree inside the reticule would make sense before it was acceptable that you hit it?
Because in that gif I see tree in about 25% of your aiming spot.

Pub, if you cannot see/understand what I'm saying about squirt, then there is nothing else I can say that will persuade you.  Brionne, Bradley and others have all noticed it getting progressively worse and we all experience it. If you don't then kudos to you.  If you experience and want to say it is in relation to the aiming area, fine. I am STILL waiting for HB to confirm/deny this so we can find out once and for all.  What part of this don't you understand?

Anquila1978

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2015, 07:29:07 AM »
The ball struck the left of the tree, which would mean the ball moved well over 25% of the tree against the wind given your description of the area that is aimed at the tree.

Yeah it was a risk but considering the conditions I had few options, had I shot shaped the then result would have been the same or worse with the exaggerated effect of the small deviation from a straight shot.

Disagreement is fine, an answer is being asked for and it is not forthcoming, it can be put to bed easily.

So is there a random dispersion within the reticule of where you aim or in a round do you have a consistency ie seems i am consistantly on the left (not identical) but like in real life on certain days you just hit left most the time and on some days it's to the right. (In my case it can be all over the place)

When does the game decide that you are left,right or centre of the reticle?
Other Courses

Turnberry Kintyre Course
Gladstonevale G.C
Belgrave Black at Balmeadie

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2015, 08:26:25 AM »
to me it seems like the program takes into account the wind right off the bat on some shots, instead of a gradual crosswind effect the deviation is instant hence the squirt factor...thats the way i see it sometimes anyway.

space-cash