Data Corrupted followed by loss of Season Progress

• 61 Replies

Lowrider527

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2015, 11:35:24 AM »
Okay after getting all my settings back in place I played seasons again only this time I Exited after each round to make sure it was saving my Data and it did so far so good... Finished the local Season but only at -52 but it's a start so Far I like Seasons Great Game Thanks for all the Support HBS  :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 12:31:19 PM by Lowrider527 »

short n skinny

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2015, 02:03:09 PM »
This has happened to me twice already after completing local club season. On Xbox 1 non disc version. Have tried logging out and back in, no luck. Have tried hard restart, no luck, and that erased all my settings when I did.
Also while I'm playing the season,before the save gets corrupted, on the main page my handicap is not listed... It says "Handicap: play 0 more rounds". Not sure if the two issues are related.

Lowrider527

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2015, 02:27:04 PM »
Yes I also noticed the Handicap blank play "0" more games after Exiting seasons, then if I go into another course in Regular play and back out to the main screen the Handicap is listed properly again but always goes away after entering the seasons and then back to the main screen...

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2015, 02:30:47 PM »
Thanks guys, the more info you can provide the better.  Adam is working to try to re-create this issue.

Lowrider527

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2015, 05:10:29 PM »
And Bad news Just tried today for the First time to Load seasons and got this message "Save Corrupted: Loading corrupted saved content has failed. The content has been Deleted." I have not done anything with the message still on screen Just in case there is something or anything you would like me to Try?

Thanks

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2015, 05:39:55 PM »
Thanks Lowrider.  The devs will need to re-create the issue in the studio so they can see exactly what happens beside the scenes to fix it.  Appreciate the help but no need to tie up your Xbox by leaving the message on your screen. 

Lowrider527

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2015, 09:58:06 PM »
Ok just want to give you as much Data as possible, I started Seasons again played the first round then Exited Same Message Handicap: (Play 0 More Rounds), Also Went into Course Designer Only option is to Create new Course (Sorted by UNPUBLISHED) I normally have 5 I am working on there Switch to Published and all those show up fine... Try to Create new course and Receive an ALERT Message An error occurred... and a Choice Cancel or try again so chose cancel back to main menu... Then again the Save Corrupted message when trying to enter Seasons again :( Next Restart Console from the Menu this time, Starts up fine and Unpublished courses back after syncing with the Server... Now Uninstalling Game (Approximately 1 minute)  Now Reinstalling... (Approximately 10.5 minutes) then install DLC (Approximately 30 seconds) Next Create new Tropical Course then play first hole and save and Exit, Next Start new Local Club Season played a quick first round (-7) While looking at the Leader Board in Seasons I checked the Left  lower part of my screen only to see Handicap: (Play 0 More Rounds) thinking this is going to be corrupted again I am able to go to main menu and back into season no problem with Handicap message still present so decided to go to offline mode and my Handicap now shows However not sure it's the correct number (+7) I then go online and Handicap now (+11.3) going into Seasons to play next Round... Nothing ever comes out good when rushing (-6) LOL So at this point Again While looking at the Leader Board in Seasons I checked the Left  lower part of my screen only to see Handicap: (Play 0 More Rounds) go to offline mode and my Handicap now shows (+11.3) Go back online still same Handicap (+11.3) Go into Seasons still loads no issues... so now Restarting Console to see what happens --> Settings --> Power &Startup --> Then Select Restart Now... After starting game again Seasons still loads so playing next Round... and again rushing too much Grrr (-10) Same thing again with handicap Starting Final Event Presidents Cup... first round (-18) exiting before final round to see what happens and Still Handicap: (Play 0 More Rounds) go to offline mode and my Handicap now shows (+11.3) Go back online and now Handicap: (+12) Playing one hole of Scrublands Then will Reboot console to see if everything holds still Finshed the Second Round and went straight to the next Season level just incase I end up with corrupt data so I can see what the next round has in store LOL... Wow and BTW for atleast this next level is a Huge Jump in Difculty... And ofcourse The Handicap: (Play 0 More Rounds) go to offline mode and my Handicap now shows (+12.0) Go back online still same Handicap (+12.0) Go into Seasons still loads no issues... so now Restarting Console to see what happens... Got back into Seasons no problem it's okay for now maybe the uninstall and reinstall did the Trick? However I am calling it a Day on this Documentation and will let you know if it happens again

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2015, 10:03:57 PM »
Wow, thanks for the report.

Lowrider527

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2015, 12:29:19 AM »
Well after much Frustration this Game is making me want to throw the Controller through my 70" TV... I have played the Atacama Country Club Course 2 times only to have it get to the End only to hear the Annoying announcer talking about how Bad I played but the finishing screen never comes up and no buttons do anything so the only way out is to shut down the Xbox and start over where it acts like you did not play that round yet... Not to Mention I hate this Course it seems like an Expert level course for me or I just suck that bad not sure but not Enjoyable at all

Lowrider527

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2015, 06:16:26 AM »
I was playing Pro-Am Season and Quit normally for the night and then came back and the Data was Corrupted again so now have to start the Season over, With all the Testing I did On Friday I did not Turn the Xbox off the way I normally do, My Settings for Power options are set to "Power Mode Instant-on" So when I was restarting the Console it was not a valid test for my normal use

catboy44

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2015, 07:51:53 AM »
 I got the corrupt file not saving last night after one round. Played first round again this morning, backed out by hitting B when I was on the screen that has the option to play next round, abandon season etc.  went back in, got the corrupt save again. I'm not playing seasons again until this is fixed. Hope you guys can fix it soon because I'm not getting the main reason I payed for the DLC.

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2015, 09:26:26 AM »
We're looking into this and talking to Microsoft about it. The xbox has a great built in system that should stop this, so it's confused us a little. We'll keep you informed though

Lowrider527

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2015, 02:09:49 PM »
 I did a couple more tests and Can Consistently Get Corrupt Data After I exit Seasons mode to the main menu Then Turning off the Console as you normally would with by holding down the Home button and selecting (Console Off) with the Console set to Instant-on Power Mode, Then if I set the Console to Energy-saving Power Mode going though the same Process I get no Corruption anymore... so I will play this way for a while and hopefully will not lose progress anymore  ;D 

catboy44

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2015, 10:31:34 AM »
I got on this morning and everything was reset. My golfer, no left stick swing, volume etc.  I even had a screen that told me handicaps were here. once I had played a hole I went and took a look at seasons and low and behold my first round had counted and I could move on to the next round. let's hope the fix is in.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 11:57:15 AM by catboy44 »

Lowrider527

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2015, 03:01:50 PM »
Just a Quick Update I have Still not had anymore Data Corruption problems since making the change in the power settings yesterday as stated before I went from  the Console being set to Instant-on Power Mode, And changing the Console to Energy-saving Power Mode

space-cash