Royal Balwearie Golf Club, East Lothian, Scotland

• 93 Replies

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2015, 10:58:34 AM »
go with what you feel m8, i like more undulations and red lines on some of my greens, no one person will be best placed to give an all round valid opinion...although it would be nice to see this course breakaway from the flat green syndrome that has cursed tgc for a while now.  As long as you keep that uniform grade level radius around the pin then no prob.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 11:02:03 AM by DoGgzbollox »

Biggins

• GroupMember
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2015, 11:03:40 AM »
I've got some pretty hefty slopes on some of these greens but the flag positions will be fair - although tough on some holes on some days.
Courses published to date:

The Hathaway Par 3 Course, Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel & Resort
The Shakespeare, Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel & Resort
Loch Lorne Golf Club
Isla Madeleine Resort
Vale Do Morgado
Ascona National
Hitchens Valley Hotel and Golf Club
Nazca Valley Golf Club
Sevenlakes On The Vale

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2015, 11:15:18 AM »
Looks amazing mate. Always makes me laugh when I read user reviews saying the graphics are horrible.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Biggins

• GroupMember
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2015, 11:20:48 AM »
Looks amazing mate. Always makes me laugh when I read user reviews saying the graphics are horrible.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Do you really get reviews like that? Bizarre. For me, the graphics are the best part of the game.

Sometimes I get the camera in a certain position, sit back and just stare at the screen for a while.  You don't often get moments like that with computer games.

The themes seem to be getting better.  This theme is the best looking so far in my opinion.

Loch Lorne Golf Club
Isla Madeleine Resort
Vale Do Morgado
Ascona National
Nazca Valley Golf Club
Sevenlakes On The Vale

Dr. Yeti

• GroupMember
  • Handicap: 10
    • My 2014 Golf Stats (RL)
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2015, 11:34:45 AM »
Sometimes I get the camera in a certain position, sit back and just stare at the screen for a while.  You don't often get moments like that with computer games.

Sometimes I'll waste 15-20 minutes of "Design time" just flying around my course looking at stuff.  :)

I'm pumped to play this one Biggins!  looks like a true labour of love here.  Keep raising the bar bud!

Biggins

• GroupMember
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2015, 11:36:48 AM »

Sometimes I'll waste 15-20 minutes of "Design time" just flying around my course looking at stuff.  :)

Haha, I do the same thing.  And then changing the lighting, and then doing the same thing.

Loch Lorne Golf Club
Isla Madeleine Resort
Vale Do Morgado
Ascona National
Nazca Valley Golf Club
Sevenlakes On The Vale

bigtee

« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2015, 12:22:14 PM »
Really liked the course. Made a couple of test notes.

2nd - could footbridge be an obstruction if ball lies before it ?

4th - couple of bricks off green.

10th - i'd consider putting a small bit of fairway to left of bunkers, so that the drive becomes a risk instead of a dead end where players are forced to play short.

12th - you probably already plan to anyway, make all down the right side o.b. Maybe a small pot bunker between 2 bunkers to right of green to catch people trying to drive in 1.  Might make more people think of two separate iron approaches, especially in a tournament.

18th - fairway bunker around 260 yard mark i'd move 15-20 yards to the right behind bunkers in rough. Not alot of space to get past. Dunno if left bunker around the same area are needed, as rough and long grass for looks would be enough of a issue. Last bunker on left side before green there a slight bit of water, maybe enough to fill a pint, but would be a hazard.

Grandstands - liked the first one i saw, although may be close enough. Also liked the one on 18th. Didn't like 2nd one in roughly 4-6th.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 12:47:19 PM by bigtee »

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2015, 01:26:27 PM »
Just played a round at Rbet2 on the XBox One.   It plays reasonably well there as well.  I'd guess my frame rates were 25 to 30 FPS.  The quality tree distance is well under the 860 yards (probably more like 170) and of course the resolution is 900p compared to 1080p, but it looks really good around the greens.  I shot a +2 this time out because of a triple bogey on the 15th, where I tried to play a conventional pitch shot from 20 yards away... I was 25 yards away with my comebacker, and knocked it 22 feet past the hole :-[  I'm just tired of cheesing flop shots, but scores like this could make me swallow my pride  :D
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

shoehorn

« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2015, 02:11:16 PM »
Started planting my course now and I'm loving the look of it.  Here's a look at a WIP 5th hole.

i think this is first picture of seen in the new theme.  theyve knocked it out of the park with this.  simply gorgeous.

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2015, 02:13:12 PM »
Biggins m8 you have to divulge the photoshop filters you are using, i can get mine nice, but thats another level.

Biggins

• GroupMember
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2015, 04:25:47 PM »
Haha, I use lots of different stuff.  I fiddle with the levels for a start to get the colours looking right and then tweak from there.

Loch Lorne Golf Club
Isla Madeleine Resort
Vale Do Morgado
Ascona National
Nazca Valley Golf Club
Sevenlakes On The Vale

friendBOMBER

• GroupMember
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2015, 09:32:22 PM »
you're going to start a "photo shopped" golf course picture trend! I love the Pict with the old loco motive!
Check out all my course's, listed in the OP of my "friendBOMBER's course catalog" thread in TGC2019 completed courses:

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=29412.msg351275#msg351275

Follow me on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/friendBOMBER1

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2015, 02:28:24 AM »
Biggins! hope you are not waiting for PS4 update before releasing this...you owe no favours to the dark side!  ;)

Biggins

• GroupMember
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2015, 02:51:05 AM »
I'm hoping that it will work on the PS4 already.  I'm sure someone said that RBet2 worked on that.

ETA: It certainly works on the XBone.  Does anyone have a PS4 that they could try it on?

Loch Lorne Golf Club
Isla Madeleine Resort
Vale Do Morgado
Ascona National
Nazca Valley Golf Club
Sevenlakes On The Vale

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2015, 02:54:16 AM »
one ps4 user tried to play my port malice course (highland theme) and reported a look for this in future update message.

space-cash