Commentary

• 8 Replies

PBOTTE

« on: May 08, 2015, 11:14:50 AM »
First I would like to say thanks to HB Studios for the good progress you have made in improving the game. Continue on this path and you'll have a great game on your hands.

There is a serious bug in the commentary pertaining to the last PUT/SHOT into the hole when the opponent is visible on the course, (TURN ORDER ON). When the ball drops into the hole and a player makes a birdie or a par, the commentary is negative when it should be positive. For example, when a birdie is made the commentary will say something like, OH! I THOUGHT IT WAS IN!. or it will say, OUCH! and so on. Well, the  ball dropped in the hole and the player scored well, and the player made an, -1, so the comment should be: GREAT SHOT! or YOU MADE A BIRDIE! a positive comment not negative. This should be fixed otherwise the whole experience is comical and devalues the game.

Thank you

JohnM HB

• golf-beta
  • Senior Audio Designer
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 03:15:06 PM »
So lemme verify the steps that caused this bug so we can test...

you set turn order to ON
play a hole and when you sink the putt it says you just missed it?

does this happen every time you sink the putt in the hole?

PBOTTE

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 02:32:05 AM »
I can't explain better than I did in my first post.

No, it doesn't happen every time the ball is sunk and the opponent player scores but it happens frequently enough. Sometime there is dead silence after a birdie or a par is made. You will have to play at least a couple of games to catch the error in the commentary. And I reiterate, the problem is with the opponent player and not with the host player. I am surprised that no one else has noticed this bug. I suppose that most people play with TURN ORDER disabled.

Acrilix

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 07:01:18 PM »
I've only recently started playing turn enabled again, and there is definitely a commentary problem now. Twice during a round with my brother the commentary announced that his putt missed when he holed it. There were no problems with any of the commentary for my own shots though, just my opponents.
My last 7 courses (newest first):
Binyon Peak
McGonagall Golf Club
Lovelace Bay
Swinburne Forest GC
Brackenridge Nine by Acrilix
Drayton Lakes
Chudleigh Golf Club

JohnM HB

• golf-beta
  • Senior Audio Designer
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 10:46:42 AM »
Thanks for the update Acrilix - I tried putting with my own guy and a non-live opponent and didnt hear this happening but now ill try this as you described. Hopefully we'll nail the source of this down soon.

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 09:09:48 PM »
This is the same issue that i have discussed in this thread: http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=10762.0;topicseen

Basically playing multiple player and on one screen a chip/putt will drop while on the other one it does not.  Of course whatever screen is the player shooting the shot is the one the game uses as the "final" shot.

JohnM HB

• golf-beta
  • Senior Audio Designer
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 04:23:00 PM »
I seem to have fixed it now - hopefully this will get in the next update

PBOTTE

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 02:36:01 AM »
No, sadly the problem with the commentary isn't fixed, it's as bad as before. Furthermore, I have discovered another bug pertaining to this topic. At times, randomly, when the opponent makes a birdie or a par, he kicks angrily in frustration. This is truly goofy; the opponent should be elated because he made a birdie or par. 

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 09:32:09 PM »
Seen this (the kicking in anger when getting a birdie) a few times myself
TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - The Brabazon
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Valle de los Reyes (Ballesteros) - with Scarpacci
TGC1/TGC2 Courses created :
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club