This bug here, is long over due to be fixed-

• 13 Replies

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« on: June 11, 2015, 04:42:30 PM »
I seem to remember that there once was a time that when I logged onto a course if my friend was there I could see him once I got there.

For example:   Ddawg is sitting on the first tee waiting for me he sends me an invite and I accept.    Finally,  I get to the first tee and neither of us can see each other even
though we both have add friends automatically enabled.

HB,   this never works anymore and it's a real shame.   I'm sure others will tell you you got to jump through hoops to see the other guy on the tee.
Why is it that we have to now go to active friends and add them to the game knowing that we're both standing on the first tee?

Anyway,  some possible fixes here would be great,  but it seems that this whole system has terminal issues that maybe can never be fixed which is shame because
it really takes away from the live experience when it's so hard to add everyone to the game.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

Cheagles

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 04:51:31 PM »
I just tried this on PC and it worked properly?  I (user A) started a round on Scrublands, on the tee I went to Active Friends and invited the other user (user B).  User B accepted the invite through the main menu message centre and was sent to Scrublands.  When user B loaded up, user A was already on the scorecard as LIVE.  After about 15 seconds, user B appeared on user A's scorecard as LIVE.  Did not have to do any other adds or invites.

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 07:42:50 PM »
Thanks for checking this out.   I'm not sure I was very clear on what I meant-      There are times when we invite active players to a course but even though they are there on the course we can't see their name appear in the upper left corner.    This is even after they accepted the invite..   Am I wrong to assume that after inviting an active player that when he joins he should automatically show up as a live player?   What I'm saying is happening is that even after inviting the active player and he shows up I still can't see him and he can't see me even though we're both standing on the tee.   The only way to fix it,  is go into active players again and then add player to game.    It seems counter productive because he has already been invited.     Basically it's asking for too many steps in most cases before you can see the other player and he can see you.

Try this-   go to any course,   then go to active players and invite one you know is going to show and see if he shows up automatically the first time.  For me,  they typically never do.

I'm hoping Ddawg can chime in on this thread.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

DDawg

• My Byte is worse than my Bark ...
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 11:33:17 PM »
See above.  We have played online together enough. .. some days it seems like we have to try several different attempts to sync up ...
My most recent course

The Links @ Hylandia #2

El Dorado Hills 95762
Calaveras Willow Oak
San Simoleon

My System:
Asus TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING MB w/32MB
Intel i9-9900KF 3600 MHz
NVidia/Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
MSI Optix MAG321CURV Curved Gaming Monitor

Cheagles

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 09:32:11 AM »
How long do you wait on the tee before trying Active Friends > Add to Game, after you know that he has joined the same course?  And yes, if you both have 'Auto Add Friends' set ON then they should show up on your card (top left) once you're both on the course.  I have tried it 5 times now and the second player has been automatically added to my scorecard after about 15-20 seconds each time.

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 10:12:55 AM »
Thanks Adam.   We will try and be more patient next time and see where that gets is :)

Cheagles

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 10:28:23 AM »
Sure thing, let me know here how it works out.  I'd be interested to know how long you have to wait for your opponent to show up when you invite through active friends, or just both of you join the same course and let the game auto-join you, without an invite.

DDawg

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 05:10:22 PM »
I will try to remember to track the time ...

But, just so you know ... I suffer from advanced stages of "CRS" ....

(Cannot Remember S**T !)

;)

« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 05:12:03 PM by Bubba Spieth »
My most recent course

The Links @ Hylandia #2

El Dorado Hills 95762
Calaveras Willow Oak
San Simoleon

My System:
Intel i9-9900KF 3600 MHz

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 11:28:56 AM »
We tested this last night and realised it was mainly user error.    It was a two fold problem that started with ddawg not having the option automatically add friends to the game turned on under social settings... and also us
 not being patient and waiting long enough the other guy to show up.  Sorry I reported the wrong bug it was the dog all along :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 11:30:36 AM by johneric8 »

DDawg

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 02:15:20 PM »
John .... I told you that did not make any difference in the test ... Having auto-add friends did not add any time to the wait, in fact, it loaded quicker on my screen when it was turned off.  ::)
My most recent course

The Links @ Hylandia #2

El Dorado Hills 95762
Calaveras Willow Oak
San Simoleon

My System:
Intel i9-9900KF 3600 MHz

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2015, 03:20:47 PM »
John .... I told you that did not make any difference in the test ... Having auto-add friends did not add any time to the wait, in fact, it loaded quicker on my screen when it was turned off.  ::)

Yes,   but,  once you already had me added because of the first time it let you see me the second time around after you turned it off.   I believe that we would of started over on another course or rebooted the game with having auto add off again on your end you would go back to not seeing me.   Point is,  because we logged back into the same course it was already in the cache that you and I were playing before even with auto add friends off..    Of course,  this is only my opinion but I think I'm right.

DDawg

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 03:44:01 PM »

Yes,   but,  once you already had me added because of the first time it let you see me the second time around after you turned it off.   I believe that we would of started over on another course or rebooted the game with having auto add off again on your end you would go back to not seeing me.   Point is,  because we logged back into the same course it was already in the cache that you and I were playing before even with auto add friends off..    Of course,  this is only my opinion but I think I'm right.

why am I :o at this...

;D
My most recent course

The Links @ Hylandia #2

El Dorado Hills 95762
Calaveras Willow Oak
San Simoleon

My System:
Intel i9-9900KF 3600 MHz

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2015, 03:51:57 PM »

why am I :o at this...

;D

I don't know man.. LOL..   I type fast and don't proof read..  We can test this theory out someday and see...

Cheagles

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2015, 11:23:45 AM »
Thanks for the update guys.

space-cash