season mode

• 30 Replies

damicless

« on: June 19, 2015, 05:55:13 PM »
I recently bought the game on disc, I clicked the season, and had to pay another 7.99 for the download after paying £34 or so for the disc. this does really bother me, what bothers me is the fact that I cannot get passed the second tournament on the local club season, the game just stays on the last green, I replayed 3 times and the same happens each time. any help please

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 06:10:16 PM »
Is this on Xbox One?  You should not have had to pay for the Seasons/Tropical/Delta as they are included on the disc version.

Regarding getting past the 2nd event, the devs are looking into this issue and hope to have it resolved soon.

roverman63

• Owner of: The Wye Valley Golf Club
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 02:50:48 AM »

I have also paid an extra £7.99 for the DLC as when I uninstalled and had to re-install it charged me again.

Just hoping HB sort The Seasons out soon, so frustrating to purchase an add-on and find you cannot fully use it :(

damicless

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 05:23:19 AM »
I thought it was a bit odd that I should have to pay for something that was supposed to be on the disc, but as soon as clicked on the season mode it went straight to the add on to purchase it. it would not work otherwise. I hope they get it sorted soon as I was looking forward to playing the season mode. I will not uninstall roverman63 until the playing stage is sorted

Foyballs

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 05:18:40 PM »
Exactly the same happens to me. Can't advance past the 3rd tournament in first season just hangs. Have asked lots of times about a fix in the bugs forum so far. Nothing is being done, not even an update but why would they. They have our money now right!!! I'm so annoyed about this!

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 05:31:28 PM »
Maybe having your money already is the answer from some companies but I can assure you it's not HB's answer.

I have posted that the devs are actively working on this issue.  It only seems to be appearing on the XB1 so it must have to do something with the console architecture.  I certainly understand the frustration but beyond that I really don't have any additional info on the issue at this time.

roverman63

• Owner of: The Wye Valley Golf Club
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 01:02:19 AM »

Same for me stuck on last tournament of first season, wont go on just blank, camera just pans around the green :(

Come on HB get a fix for this its been over a week or more now

roverman63

Stokie

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 03:27:02 AM »
not playing it myself till the problem is sorted but Foyballs your comment was out of order HB are not EA which you should know if you use this forum regular
I am sure it will be sorted ASAP

Foyballs

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 05:28:33 AM »
I don't think it's  out of order in the slightest. I've been a big fan of HB and what they have done with the TGC. I work for a charity on the IT dev side and if we released code or a product that wasn't fully tested in UAT and then didn't work not even really a bug, I mean fundamentally doesn't work. Heads would roll and we don't even charge for products or updates. Not fully going through a UAT process for the XB1 platform, however big the company and releasing a product they charge for tells you one thing. Money over quality. I used to think they didn't want to be or will be like an EA company. But with the only update of "our Devs are working on it" in over a number a weeks tells you it's not high priority. No statement released, no option of refund. That information in a forum feels like a blow off.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 05:30:24 AM by Foyballs »

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 12:25:18 PM »
Adam sent me this message:

We logged in as a different user and then logged out and went back to the main user and my seasons progress was back.   So basically, we stayed signed in on the account that was corrupt, logged in as another user on the XB so that the profile switched in-game at the main menu, logged out and continued with the original user, and the season save was back to normal. 

Also, someone said that when they switched from Instant-On to Power Saving it stopped corrupting their progress.

Maybe you guys can give this a try to see if this works?  Hopefully it has been narrowed down to this part of the XB1 architecture.

Foyballs

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 04:50:09 PM »
This not advance past 3rd tournament is not to do with season save corruption. From what I can see that another separate issue. My XB1 is not set to instant on and I have tried on multiple profiles. Hangs after holing putt on 18th in the 3rd tournament of first season. Screen just scrolls and John voice become very dim but he is still jabbering away! 

HunterofVeritas

• I slice 95% of my hooks.
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 12:14:06 PM »
It's good to know it's being addressed.  I also played through the first season three separate times and it erred after each saying the save file was corrupt. 
I work in code development as well, so I understand the process of bug/ functionality fixes.  It can be very difficult.

Earthworm Jim

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 06:15:11 PM »
i decided to get this DLC as all i only want is some sort of career mode and this happens, July 14th cant come soon enough!

Foyballs

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 09:54:17 AM »
On the plus side we know there's a vacancy for a UAT testing manger at HB Studios :)

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 07:06:03 PM »
I'm fairly certain Adam told me that the Seasons mode fix is in the next update which will hopefully be going for consoles certification early next week.

space-cash