How to get your rival to take their shot

• 32 Replies

tarbat

« on: July 04, 2015, 11:16:31 AM »
So, I decided to try TOUR mode.  Selected the TGC Amateur Tour.  First course, first hole.  I take my shot, and my rival takes to the tee.  And he just stands there waggling his club around, but won't take his shot.

Is there something I have to press to tell him to take his shot?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 11:23:43 AM by tarbat »
XB1

tarbat

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 11:57:58 AM »
So, I've tried this several times now, and I can't work out how to get my rival to take his shot.  He just stands there, waggles his club every so often.  I've left him standing there over 5 minutes, but he just won't take his shot.  I've tried pressing all the different controller buttons, but he refuses to take his shot.

Here's a video - http://goo.gl/Dv5bjv

With Season mode currently broken, I thought maybe Tour mode would give me the structured play I'm looking for, but it seems that Tour mode is broken as well :(

Any ideas?  Is there some special sequence of key presses needed to get your rival to take his shot?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 12:00:46 PM by tarbat »
XB1

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 12:27:39 PM »
I haven't had that problem Tarbat, but I don't quite do it the way you're doing it.  For whatever reason, I always get on the tee, hit my shot, and then choose from the list of Rivals in the given tournament to play against.  I find that the way the game currently does this, it pairs you with whoever the first round leader is going to be.  I prefer to play against another player, whom I either recognize, or have no idea what they might shoot.  I do this before the chosen rival has ever had a chance to hit a shot.

In later rounds, I'll find the player closest to me in the standings and choose to play with them.  Any way I go, I never have a problem with them hitting their shots. 
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

tarbat

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 12:31:20 PM »
Any way I go, I never have a problem with them hitting their shots.

Thanks.  I'm sure I'm being really stupid, but what button do you press to get your rival to take their shot?  I'm just playing against the default rival that the game gives me, I'm not choosing a specific rival.
XB1

Lout Of Order

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 12:32:54 PM »
Could it be that the game is pairing you against the leader, and the reason he is the leader is because he waited as long as it took for the wind to drop?

tarbat

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 12:36:17 PM »
Okay, I'll try it again and leave it for as long as it takes for the wind to drop.  Is there a time limit on how long the rival can wait for the wind to drop?
XB1

Lout Of Order

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 12:44:31 PM »
I've no idea, and it might not even be that - was just a suggestion. Try jcauthen04's method first.

tarbat

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 12:54:43 PM »
So, I added the rival EightPuppet8135, and now I have the opposite problem.  This player is taking all their shots, and I'm not even being given the chance to hit my ball.  This new rival is now on the 3rd green, and I'm still waiting to take my 2nd shot on the first fairway.

Strangly, every time this new rival tees up a shot, they start pointing at the first green, but then move around to point at the next (eg 4th) green.
XB1

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 12:56:08 PM »
So, I added the rival EightPuppet8135, and now I have the opposite problem.  This player is taking all their shots, and I'm not even being given the chance to hit my ball.  This new rival is now on the 3rd green, and I'm still waiting to take my 2nd shot on the first fairway.

Strangly, every time this new rival tees up a shot, they start pointing at the first green, but then move around to point at the next (eg 4th) green.

Wow!  You do have the Turn-Base "Enabled" right?
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 12:56:54 PM »
Any way I go, I never have a problem with them hitting their shots.

Thanks.  I'm sure I'm being really stupid, but what button do you press to get your rival to take their shot?  I'm just playing against the default rival that the game gives me, I'm not choosing a specific rival.

You don't have to hit a button to get them to play it, they should play it automatically.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

tarbat

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 01:06:57 PM »
Wow!  You do have the Turn-Base "Enabled" right?

Yes, enabled in main game options.  Can someone else try playing the TGC Amateur tour, first round, first hole, against the default rival (ShallowBullet) and see if this happens to them.  I was really looking forward to trying out Tour mode, but seem to have spent all afternoon trying to get it to work.

Here's a video of when I added an alternative rival, who gets to play all the holes while I wait to take my 2nd shot on the first hole - http://goo.gl/yZid37
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 01:10:16 PM by tarbat »
XB1

tarbat

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 01:47:54 PM »
I give up.  No matter what rivals I pick, they either stand there at the tee waving their driver around but never taking a shot, or play shot after shot many holes ahead of me, never letting me take my 2nd shot on the first hole.

Can someone from HB Studios confirm whether this is fixed in the next update due in a couple of weeks?
XB1

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 02:24:41 PM »
I'll try it here in a few... I've been playing the PC version in my rec room upstairs and I'll have to go downstairs to the living room to fire of the XB1 version.   I'll be back on in a few with a report.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2015, 02:41:56 PM »
I give up.  No matter what rivals I pick, they either stand there at the tee waving their driver around but never taking a shot, or play shot after shot many holes ahead of me, never letting me take my 2nd shot on the first hole.

Can someone from HB Studios confirm whether this is fixed in the next update due in a couple of weeks?

I moved this over to the Bug report so that the devs can take a look at it.  This is the first I have heard of this issue so I don't know if it will be in the next update.

I will try it on my XB1 as well.  Have you tried other Rivals besides the one you mentioned by any chance?

Edit:  Actually I can't test it, I have a + handicap, so I cant enter the event.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 02:44:16 PM by HB_KeithC »

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2015, 02:49:59 PM »
Okay, I tried it but I can't play the Amateur Tour because of my handicap.  I did try the Pro Tour against the default Rival and did just what you did (Enabled Turn-Based right from the start).  It worked, he played his shot automatically right after I played mine.  I'm not sure why this wouldn't be working for you.  The only thing I could offer is trying a hard reset of your XB1 which will clear the cache.  I know that sounds a bit radical, but I can't see what else would be different.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash