How to get your rival to take their shot

• 32 Replies

tarbat

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 02:51:34 PM »
Edit:  Actually I can't test it, I have a + handicap, so I cant enter the event.

Strange.  My handicap is +7.2, and it lets me play the TGC Amateur Tour okay.  Maybe that's what's causing the problem, and might be tied into the other problem I've had with "Handicap : Play 0 More Rounds" problem discussed on another thread.

How do I clear my handicap.  It seems to have caused endless problems, what with the +40 handicap I was originally allocated, and now this.  Maybe I need to restart the handicap calculation?

EDIT: Yes, I've tried a hard re-boot to clear cache.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 02:56:45 PM by tarbat »
XB1

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 03:01:14 PM »
Strange.  My handicap is +7.2, and it lets me play the TGC Amateur Tour okay.  Maybe that's what's causing the problem

It might be... it shouldn't have even let you get to the first tee.  It blocks me as soon as I hit the "A" button and tells me my handicap is not suited for this Tour.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Lout Of Order

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 03:02:27 PM »
Strange.  My handicap is +7.2, and it lets me play the TGC Amateur Tour okay.  Maybe that's what's causing the problem

It might be... it shouldn't have even let you get to the first tee.  It blocks me as soon as I hit the "A" button and tells me my handicap is not suited for this Tour.
Same thing I get, so certainly seems like a good start to working out the issue.

tarbat

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 03:04:19 PM »
Thanks for confirming.  So, how do I clear my handicap and start again?
XB1

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2015, 03:11:30 PM »
I will ask the dev team to see if there is any way to wipe your handicap clean.   There is no way for a user to do it in game as that would easily lead to abuse.

tarbat

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 03:13:51 PM »
Okay, thanks.  Is that likely to be today, I was hoping to make a start on a tour this weekend.
XB1

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2015, 03:17:12 PM »
No, it will not be until Monday.  It is the weekend so the offices are closed.  I shouldn't even be on here as it is a national holiday in the US.   :)  But, that's the way I do it, if I am sitting at my computer I look at work stuff!

tarbat

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2015, 03:21:38 PM »
Okay, thanks for the reply.  I guess I'll give up for the time being, and try again next weekend.  Shame :(
XB1

tarbat

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2015, 05:19:58 AM »
I will ask the dev team to see if there is any way to wipe your handicap clean.   There is no way for a user to do it in game as that would easily lead to abuse.

Has this been done yet?
XB1

tarbat

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2015, 05:56:33 AM »
So, I'll give up on Tour mode since this handicap problem seems to be to blame.  Funny, HB had no problems resetting my handicap back in December last year when it got set to +40 incorrectly - http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=8229

Is this what is causing these subsequent problems?  The +40 is still in my handicap record, so it wasn't completely fixed last year.

So, trying Tournament mode this morning instead, but every tournament I try to enter, it either says my handicap is too good, or it's too bad.  I really want to play some sort of Season, Tour, or Tournament this weekend, but seem to struggling to find anything that works with my strange +40 ---> +7.2 handicap.
XB1

tarbat

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2015, 06:29:17 AM »
So, I think I might have found the solution.  When I Edit my Player, there's the option to press A to SET HANDICAP.  However, pressing A doesn't seem to do anything.  Is there something I have to enable (in settings?) to be able to press A to SET HANDICAP?

XB1

Cheagles

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2015, 09:15:18 AM »
Hey Tarbat, that option to Set Handicap is for guest players that are playing with you on your console.  I wasn't able to play the videos you posted earlier in the thread.  Is there an alternate way you can post them?

tarbat

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2015, 10:11:26 AM »
I wasn't able to play the videos you posted earlier in the thread.  Is there an alternate way you can post them?

Okay, I've saved the videos on YouTube instead. Sorry it took so long, only got 400kbps upload speed :(  Although I thought the developers were meant to be looking at this problem this week anyway?  Can you at least confirm that you can reproduce the problem so I know it's not a problem with my install or user profile.

First video - http://youtu.be/om41K-Z46vg and http://youtu.be/JXjJzXMhTj4
Rival just stands there, waggles his club every so often.  I've left him standing there over an hour, but he just won't take his shot.  I've tried pressing all the different controller buttons, but he refuses to take his shot.

Second video - http://youtu.be/6zWXhF7Umjo
I added an alternative rival, who gets to play all the holes while I wait to take my 2nd shot on the first hole.  He goes on to play all 18 holes while I wait on the first hole.  Strangly, every time this new rival tees up a shot, he starts pointing at the first green, but then moves around to point at the next (eg 6th) green.  Video shows rival putting out on the 5th green, then teeing up on the 6th tee pointing at the 1st green. And I never get to play.

I just want to play either a Season or Tour. Not much to ask.  Previous posts suggested that this was caused by a problem with my handicap, so can't you fix this so I can play this weekend.
XB1

Cheagles

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2015, 10:26:17 AM »
Thanks.  Haven't been able to reproduce as of yet.  It's definitely possible that this is due to you being in the Amateur Tournament with a handicap that should not allow you to join and play.  Did you join this competition just from the Tournament select list or was it through a friend notification?

Also, if you disable Turn Order so that it goes back to your shot, take the shot, then re-enable, does it create the same situation?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 10:28:39 AM by HB_AdamF »

tarbat

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2015, 10:52:03 AM »
Thanks.  Haven't been able to reproduce as of yet.  It's definitely possible that this is due to you being in the Amateur Tournament with a handicap that should not allow you to join and play.  Did you join this competition just from the Tournament select list or was it through a friend notification?

I joined from the TOUR select list, not a tournament.  no, not a friend notification.

Also, if you disable Turn Order so that it goes back to your shot, take the shot, then re-enable, does it create the same situation?

Yes.
XB1

space-cash