TGC Community Priorities Thread

• 28 Replies

stonecomet

« on: July 12, 2015, 01:15:43 PM »
Hey everyone,

I'm starting this thread so we can possibly get more organized about what we would like to see prioritized by HB Studios for the next update. Discuss what we think on the whole should be the top 3 or 4 features or enhancements we as a community would like to see. Possible this thread might devolve into a whole lot of disagreement, I'm hoping that isn't so but forums being what they are there is no telling how we will respond. So take some time please. Try to think clearly and rationally about what you would like to see next update if it's possible. If we ever get a consensus then we can pick someone or someone can volunteer to post the feature or enhancement in that section and it will be up to the rest of us to go in and +1  our support. PLEASE REVIEW THE CURRENT STICKY AT THE TOP OF THE FEATURES/ENHANCEMENT SECTION BEFORE POSTING YOUR IDEAS HERE. Let's try and keep the thread about new features or enhancements that are not already in the game, not features or enhancements that are already in the game and need some improvement with the exception of physics and swing mechanic improvements . They may be on the HB "official " list, but are marked as low priority and maybe we can push that agenda a little.

*PLEASE TRY AND BE RESPECTFUL AND REMEMBER THAT HB STUDIOS IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO ACTUALLY IMPLEMENT EVERYTHING OR ANYTHING WE SUGGEST*

I'll go ahead and start in the OP. I would like to see uphill downhill lie physics improvements, true difficulty settings (settable when creating tournaments), removal of the white flag marker with all that info up top in the HUD. The last one is real personal one for me so I don't expect every one to jump in on that one but honestly after the first 2 it really is my 3rd priority above any other feature or enhancement made to the game.

Let us know what you think,

-StoneComet  8)

BoomBoom

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 01:43:44 PM »
True uneven lies, not just some random variable.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 01:50:25 PM »
I am going to move this thread to the Feature/Enhancements Requests section.

ajl5313

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 01:50:52 PM »
- True difficulty levels (not using loft-up hack)

- Complete re-vamp of course discovery situation (see next points)
   - Perhaps introduce a "beta" system for courses to get traction and require x amount of plays/reviews before publishing to entire system
   - Gut out all the auto-gen courses (see above)
   - Official course curation program to highlight the *best of the best* each week/month/year, etc (beyond courses actually made by HBS)
   - The goal here should be lots of great discovery of content, all from within the game (on all platforms), not necessitating the use of any websites (non-starter for many and really clunky for console folks)

Much lower priority..
- Make the transitions between cuts of grass a bit more subtle (just *screams* Mario Golf when I see it)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 01:54:34 PM by turbineseaplane »

Lout Of Order

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 04:25:29 PM »
A course archive, so courses that have had less than x amount of plays, and have not been played for y amount of days get moved into an Archive category to clear up the main Public Courses category.

Cally

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 12:19:05 AM »
   - Perhaps introduce a "beta" system for courses to get traction and require x amount of plays/reviews before publishing to entire system

I agree with a beta system, but instead, it is published as a beta (with a checkbox or something) , NO stats or any data is retained or accumulated this way the designer is then free to delete it at any time. However I do not agree with requiring any amount of plays/reviews, that's the designers call. After you have enough feedback you can decide what to do
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 12:21:13 AM by Cally »

clubcaptain

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 07:48:13 AM »

I'm starting this thread so we can possibly get more organized about what we would like to see prioritized by HB Studios for the next update.

Many moons ago there was published list of outstanding jobs with a status aligned to each. It would be helpful to see that resurrected.
Intel core I73770k 3.5 GHZ
16 Gb Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600MHZ/PC12800
Asus mobo PB8277-V Lx
Nvidea GeForce GTX670 2GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windoes 7 home premium 64 bit

Courses :
Aphrodite Golf and Sailing Resort
Taiga Forest-Kaunis Course
Adelaide Hills West Golf Course
Strathmally GC

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 12:00:55 PM »
1.  Suggested designers tab in course discovery
2.  Game modes with an easy way to hook up socially.
3. New camera after putting so golfer no longer blocks ball path.   Example -  latest ea sports golf game.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

ajl5313

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 12:17:51 PM »

However I do not agree with requiring any amount of plays/reviews, that's the designers call. After you have enough feedback you can decide what to do

Then I would argue for the "free market" to have a separate area so those that have no interest and more limited time can find "the best of the best" that's been human curated in some fashion.

Good call to have both areas really.

ChiefBanks

• President & Founder of Champions United C.C.
    • Champions United Country Club
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 12:33:11 PM »
I would really like to see the ability to delete your published or non published courses by designer only in the GNCD. I think that this would help a lot in filtering out  Extremely Careless Auto-Gen courses. (I mean Auto-Gen and forget Courses mainly) I know I have some courses I designed that I used as practice design courses that I would like to just delete altogether now that I am more experienced as a designer. just a thought.

drlowdon

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 12:51:10 PM »
I'd also like the option to delete some of my older courses.

stonecomet

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 04:23:45 PM »
Keep the comments coming...amazingly, at least for myself, the focus seems to be on "Course Discovery" and/or "Course Management History" (the ability to archive or delete a course). Interesting, I would have thought more gameplay focus would be evident. Spread the word. I'll keep checking back and trying to form a consensus.

Thanks,

-StoneComet  8)

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 05:35:24 PM »
Keep the comments coming...amazingly, at least for myself, the focus seems to be on "Course Discovery" and/or "Course Management History" (the ability to archive or delete a course). Interesting, I would have thought more gameplay focus would be evident. Spread the word. I'll keep checking back and trying to form a consensus.

Thanks,

-StoneComet  8)

I think your seeing a focus on the course designer because that's one element that makes this game different from the others (from what I know).  Of course gameplay needs to be "par" (pun intended) with the others and hopefully better in many cases but in business you must differentiate!  That will make the difference.

I would also second or third or whatever the course filtering options etc.  Human curated...deleting old courses (but this would be only possible if NOONE had Favorited or played) because I bet behind the scenes there needs to be references to database objects from these courses.  Might be a hard one to DELETE courses with out issues.  But I digress...  Anyway, better course management as there are thousands now.  And a new comer to the game will play the few HB showcases and then have to HUNT hard for others through TGCLive reviews or other lists.  Which are great...but those are human curated. 
StormGolf73 on PC and XB1

My Courses
TPC Four Seasons - Coming
Bay Hill Club & Lodge - RCR
Trump National Philadelphia - RCR
Southern Hills Country Club - RCR
Galveston Country Club - RCR
The DC Golf Club - Design Contest
The Wicklow Hollow Golf Club
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2015, 03:33:22 AM »
Larger text on consoles , especially the approach shot yardage.
Theme on course info screen. Also firmness settings.    Remove the area that breaks down the holes by par 3,4 5.
"We don't see that on our end"

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2015, 11:41:25 AM »
Larger text on consoles , especially the approach shot yardage.
Theme on course info screen. Also firmness settings.    Remove the area that breaks down the holes by par 3,4 5.

I would agree with text larger on consoles.  Keith mentioned (on a suggestion I submitted) that a scrolling text option might work.  He sent to devs.  (this is related to the course title on the course selection filter dialog)

Also agree remove the par breakdown.  Not sure where that came from, but I don't care really....main par 70-71-72 maybe but not a breakdown of 3's 4's and 5's.  Just Par 72 would be fine.
StormGolf73 on PC and XB1

My Courses
TPC Four Seasons - Coming
Bay Hill Club & Lodge - RCR
Trump National Philadelphia - RCR
Southern Hills Country Club - RCR
Galveston Country Club - RCR
The DC Golf Club - Design Contest
The Wicklow Hollow Golf Club
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

space-cash