left stick backwards

• 118 Replies

Soberhorizon484

« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2015, 04:14:46 PM »
Travelled 80 miles to get wifi for this patch n now it's feckin hopeless ... I think some of the control options are gone

Alfyg

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2015, 04:20:08 PM »
Has Anthony not replied to any of this nonsense ? He knows more than anyone...
[/quote]

MisterNic

• GroupMember
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2015, 05:28:00 PM »
The timing of this is completely brutal.  I realize it is a game.  I realize it can be done other ways (with the right stick).  But easily the largst community for this game is doing the British Open this week (TGC Tours).  Asking people to play around with new swings during the week of a major is insane.

MadRick09

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2015, 05:29:27 PM »
is there a chance this is a quick fix?????????

go PGA and want the golf club to work as PGA is ****e IMO

please sort this NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

drivert

• GroupMember
  • XBOX GT is mariner175
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2015, 05:45:04 PM »
turn your controller upside down invert the right stick and then stand on your head. I use right stick and it is working great for me. Just kidding

Alfyg

« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2015, 06:43:05 PM »
I think the bottom line we are all owed a quick answer.....WHEN WILL THIS BE REPAIRED ???????????
[/quote]

Lout Of Order

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2015, 06:48:49 PM »
I think the bottom line we are all owed a quick answer.....WHEN WILL THIS BE REPAIRED ??? ??? ??? ??
It's fixed, has been submitted to MSFT so it's in their hands, hopefully pretty quickly.

HitItLong

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2015, 07:01:37 PM »
The timing of this is completely brutal.  I realize it is a game.  I realize it can be done other ways (with the right stick).  But easily the largst community for this game is doing the British Open this week (TGC Tours).  Asking people to play around with new swings during the week of a major is insane.

Yep it will be a hollow victory for whom ever wins it now, given that some of the field has been taken out by this issue........
FirstBlitzer Au on Xbox One

Pubknight

« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2015, 07:28:35 PM »
Has Anthony not replied to any of this nonsense ? He knows more than anyone...

He did reply, but it was in a different thread:
Exactly the reason I don't like too many options. We designed the game to be a right stick swing, on request we gave you a left stick option. That one option gives us an extra 15 things to test against each update!
We've got a spreadsheet which is 12 sheets big and 100's of lines long. Which Adam and the team test against. It's an unfortunate mistake that one box was marked off and has led to one option being broken. It's fixed and we have it back in to Microsoft. We're doing our best to turn it around. But when a small team are testing against 1000's of check boxes, the odd thing gets missed. I can up the team size to test these things but that eats into the budget for updates. We've done a pretty good job up until now and we've given a lot away for free. I'd love it to be bug free, sometimes that doesn't happen

Alfyg

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2015, 07:40:09 PM »
Thanks
[/quote]

t0ad462

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2015, 07:57:58 PM »
Just to pile on a bit; I'm a right handed left sticker.
I play this game EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. for at least an hour or more (generally more).
Yes I can 'try' right stick. I shouldn't HAVE to try right stick.
That's not my job as a consumer; to change the way I play an established game.
I would expect some serious ass-kissing to happen up the chain to MS to make this simple push happen ASAP.

Stan Solo

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2015, 08:11:22 PM »
Apparently it won't be fixed until at least next week, OMG what a mess it's good having HBS listening, but I would sooner have a dev team  that could program. Rory for me now too meany bad updates by you guys.

Bye then......and take all the other Rory lovers with you.

Leucutis

« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2015, 01:11:59 AM »
Ok. I see that the left stick problem is not just me. I thought i was going crazy. Now that I know this, what I don't know or see anywhere here, When will this issue be fixed??? I also still have the issue with getting only 95% swing all the time. When will that be fixed? Does anyone know if they have said that they are even working on either issue?  >:(

Leucutis

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2015, 02:18:22 AM »
  I just looked at some of the response you are getting from other gamers. !st I would like to say that I love this game and I am glad that there is something other the EA Sports. I have been ripped off by EA to many times and I am sure that most of the people here have been as well. This is not to say that the bashing you are getting is the right thing to do because it is not. It may help to understand that gamers are tired of paying for a game and it does not work.  Most of the bashing is backlash from what EA has done to sports gamers. I am sorry that you all have to go through that. We all make mistakes and we learn from them. I am sure that you are learning as well and that you are doing your best to make this game work. I know that it can be very nerve racking, time consuming and very hard work. This game has giving hope to console gamers that they will not have to deal with EA anymore and that can be very big shoes to fill.

2nd. Don't let them get you down or under your skin. You all have a great game and like anything, things can go wrong from time to time and it is never a good time for bad issues to happen but, like everything else in this world, what goes wrong can go right again. It may take a little time but I am sure you will have this fixed. I can understand that paying for a product and not having it work the way you want can make us all mad and has for all of us. but to bash and yell will not get anything done any faster. If anything it will get people to say, whats the use, we are only going to get hit over the head anyway. That will slow everything down. I am sure we all have made mistakes and I hope that we can all remember what it felt like to get yelled at or what it felt like to say, hay its all good, just fix it. We must also remember that this is not life and death, this is, after all, a game.

3rd. Lets all remember how EA would handle an issue like this. They wouldn't. They don't answer, they don't give refunds, they don't give out anything for free to make it better, they don;t care. They get their money and thats it. as they said to me, " Buy the new game and that will fix your issue." I think that this is a much better option don't all of you? and if not then why stay with this game? If you are here bashing then that means you rather be here then dealing with EA. Things happen. Give them time to fix the issue and all will be right with the world again. Life will go on and if you feel that it will not, then maybe you play games a little to often.

Thank you for taking the time to care to answer our needs. And thank you for all of your hard work.
Please let us know when there will be an update to fix this issue.

Leucutis.

kwakaman

« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2015, 03:18:16 AM »
Have not touched TGC for months but gave it a bash last night. Was difficult with the swing swop but at least it was playable still.
Good to hear a fix is on the way.
Still a great game.

space-cash